Which teams will be the biggest risers and fallers in 2020?

notthatbluestuff

1 hour ago, NJerseypaint said:

Year Age Tm G GS Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD TD% Int Int% Lng Y/A AY/A Y/C Y/G Rate Sk ANY/A Sk%
2019 23 NWE 3 0 2 4 50.0 14 0 0.0 1 25.0 11 3.5 -7.8 7.0 4.7 18.7 1 -7.60 20.0

It's a wonder how.

1/3, 6 yards.

That's what Tom Brady did his entire rookie season.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

If no one has any clue then he’s impossible to underestimate. 

Unknown quarterbacks aren’t going to get faith because most of them don’t deserve it. Those who do, usually have draft pedigree to back them. Stidham doesn’t have that. No one’s going to put any thought into a mid-rounder with no starting experience, and deservedly so.

Pedigree like Manzel, JaMarcus Russell, Paxton Lynch, Brady Quinn,Josh Rosen and Dwayne Haskins. Stidman doesn't have that well, BB might disagree.

Edited by m haynes

17 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Pedigree like Manzel, JaMarcus Russell, Paxton Lynch, Brady Quinn,Josh Rosen and Dwayne Haskins. Stidman doesn't have that well, BB might disagree.

Nobody says it’s infallible. But it’s something, and the majority of fans aren’t going to assume every decision BB makes is the 100% right choice because no one is right every time.

7 hours ago, Elky said:

You guys are really underestimating Bill Belichick; the man is 15-6 without Brady since 2001.

I would never count Belichick out, but there is a difference between winning games here and there with backups QBs in spot duty, and COMPLETELY moving on from a HOF franchise QB.

The only time Belchick has had to go an extended time without Brady was 2008, and while he did a good job, you cant simply expect similar results.  

10 of those 15 wins came that season, when the Patriots had an amazing Oline, a great RB-by committee that gave them a good running game, and a career year from Matt Cassell.   On top of that, they had a pretty weak schedule and only beat one team with more than 10 wins that season.      Not to mention guys like prime Wes Welker and Randy Moss, two weapons the Patriots dont currently have anything remotely close to to help a young QB.

Again, I wouldnt count Belichick out from fielding a quality team, and the optimism is fine.....but this is uncharted territory for Belichick.     The good thing for the Patirots is, they still play in a pretty weak division (Bills are pretty good, but I dont trust Josh Allen) and the defense should still be very good.   The downside is, the offense doesnt really have any players that scare anyone.   Brady struggled with his supporting cast last year, who didnt do him any favors.    Its difficult to imagine a young, raw QB coming in and having success with that offense unless they draft a hell of a playmaker or two that can contribute immediately, but thats asking alot.

So, there is plenty of valid reasoning to expect that Patriots to drop off in 2020.

• Like 5

The thing about the Patriots is, they play in a weak division.  The Jets and Dolphins aren't playoff teams, imo.  Buffalo is a good team, but Josh Allen still has to take the next step.  If the Pats can get a solid QB, I think they could still be the favorites in that division.  They're not a Superbowl threat, so they've fallen off in that sense, but they're still a postseason threat.

The Steelers will be good if Big Ben can stay healthy.  I think Brady is huge for Tampa Bay because the Bucs would have been a pretty good team last year if their QB wasn't a turnover factory.

If the Bills, who are very stacked, Top 10 HC imo, #1 Defense in the NFL imo, cannot win the division against a Brady-Less Patriots (with no great replacement) and a much worse roster than the 2008 Cassel-Led Patriots, then the Bills are doing something very, very wrong. Possibly Josh Allen. This is a make or break year for that guy. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, showtime said:

The thing about the Patriots is, they play in a weak division.  The Jets and Dolphins aren't playoff teams, imo.  Buffalo is a good team, but Josh Allen still has to take the next step.  If the Pats can get a solid QB, I think they could still be the favorites in that division.  They're not a Superbowl threat, so they've fallen off in that sense, but they're still a postseason threat.

The Steelers will be good if Big Ben can stay healthy.  I think Brady is huge for Tampa Bay because the Bucs would have been a pretty good team last year if their QB wasn't a turnover factory.

If the Dolphins get their QB this draft, then I could see them in that division. They came on strong towards the end of last season. 

If you don’t have the Bengals rising then you’re wrong. They won 2 games last year and vastly improved their awful defense and are about to draft a QB who had one of the best college football seasons ever. 

Risers: Bengals, Browns, Steelers, Cards, Bucs, Indi

Fallers: Ravens, SF, GB, Houston, NE, 49ers

Not all of these may be massive, but not the same as last year.

4 hours ago, Elky said:

1/3, 6 yards.

That's what Tom Brady did his entire rookie season.

And you would've been a fool to call Brady the GOAT at the time.

Even if Stidham pans out, there is no reason, right now, to believe that is the most likely scenario. More QBs fail than succeed. It isn't like he's in some super friendly offensive situation, or that he was highly touted or thought of. Right now, the most reasonable assumption is that Stidham will struggle.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, m haynes said:

The same way they under estimated,  A Rogers and T Brady.  It to easy to put up some foolish Gif. You and everyone have no clue what Stidhan will do. And that includes me as well.

So equally you could have overrated him?

9 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

So equally you could have overrated him?

I haven't overrated him. I have no clue, but we will see.  The only thing I can go on is that he had a really good preseason as a rookie which was a lot better than QBs that went ahead of him in the draft.  Its a small sample but it gives you hope.  What I don't agree with is judging him on his college career, draft position or what some ( Draft Guru) sport writer said about him.  None of that mean anything moving to the NFL.