PFF mock draft simulator

Gmen

cdrASxX.png

PFF made a nice little web app to simulate mock drafts.  This is what I came up with after making two trades down.

1. OT - Tristan Wirfs - There's debate about who is the best OT in the class.  Wills is the most refined, but Wirfs is a freak of nature.  He can start at RT immediately and help both Daniel Jones and Saquon.
  2. DE - Yetur Gross-Matos - Prototype for an NFL DE.  Long, athletic.  His former coach is currently on the Giants staff, so the fit makes sense.
  3. WR - Michael Pittman Jr. - We're missing a big bodied receiver to bully corners.  Pittman is a big, athletic and reliable.  Would really round out our WR corp.
  4. DT - Raekwon Davis - Was considered a first round pick prior to having a down senior season.  But he has too much physical ability and potential to pass up in the 3rd round
  5. S - Jeremy Chinn - Big, athletic safety.  Poor man's Isiah Simmons phsyically
  6. TE - Albert Okwuegbuam - Another impressive athlete
  7. WR - Donovan People-Jones - Old school big bodied receiver.  Doubling down on getting Daniel Jones a big target after moving on from Cody Lattimore
  8. DE - Alton Robinson - Has an NFL build
  9. S - Tanner Muse - The kind of guy that can become a special teams ace
  10. WR - Cephus Quintez - Terrible combine, but cited as the toughest receiver to face by multiple CB prospects in this draft. Worth a flyer

https://www.pff.com/draft/nfl-mock-draft-simulator

Give it a shot and post yours!

• Like 1

Awesome job. First trade I tried to do it - the trade was rejected. I'm not sure what to offer so I gave up and decided to draft straight. My 1st two picks were Wills and Ruiz. They just gave wills 53.5 and 51.7. I ended up with 59.1. There was one pick I wanted to take back after I made it and it wound up being my highest grade of 64.7. Needless to say I'm not on the same page as PFF. I don't think I ever have been. 

I think Ruiz to be a steal in rd 2 and the Giants need a center and I get a 51 grade?. Oh well it was fun. 

1 hour ago, JStar221 said:

How can I copy a picture I have in MSFT Word into here (I actually have it snippet)? 

If you can't just copy and paste, then you would probably need to upload it to an image share website and then use that link. 

I saved it to a JPEG but it didn't work.

I made two trade-down trades.  

I traded to Carolina 4 and 99 

Got back 7, 38 and 69. I win this trade 63% of the time. I should've got more from the trade as the poster GMEN did.   

I traded to Cleveland 7, 150 and 218. 

Got back 10, 41 and 74. I win this trade 64% of the time. I should've got more from the trade as the poster GMEN did.  

Pick 10     OT     Andrew Thomas      Draft Grade 70.6

Pick 36     C/G   Cesar Ruiz                Draft Grade 62.0 

Pick 38     S       Antoine Winfield       Draft Grade 69.9 

Pick 41     LB     Ken Murray                Draft Grade 58.6 

Pick 69     TE     Cole Kmet                  Draft Grade 65.0

Pick 74     EDG  Darrell Taylor             Draft Grade 64.0

Pick 110   OT    Prince Wanogho        Draft Grade 64.7

Pick 183   CB    Harrison Hand            Draft Grade 64.9 

Pick 238   EDG     Nick Coe                  Draft Grade 63.8 

Pick 247  WR    Kalija Lipscomb         Draft Grade 63.4

Pick 255   LB     Justin Strnad             Draft Grade  62.6 

Got a Final Grade of 77.5. 

***Have 4-5 starters  in this draft at OT, C, S, ILB and TE.

For offense two starters right off with Thaomas and Ruiz. With Kmet can have a legit two TE set. 

With Wanogho - who knows? Can potentially be a future RT in 2021 with Thomas at the other end. WR Lipscomb can possibly make the team. 

For defense Winfied at S starts right away and so should the LB Murray. 

At CB Hand should compete for backup duties. Possibly bump a backup.

At Edge Giants can use a pass rusher. Giving two shots at that.  Just need 1 hit. If both hit-- great. 

At LB Strnad-- he can cover TE's. Something the Giants sorely lack. 

--------------------------

***I'm new to this using simulators while draft continues. When I was doing this a previous time Chase Young came up at the 4. I immediately picked him (he's the 1 exception in which I would take him over any OT despite the fact that Jones and Barkley could use one badly.). I was then contemplating what I might need to do to trade up a bit if needed - before I knew it the simulator was well into making other choices. I had to stop it and restart a new simulation. That would've been interesting. I think though no shot happening for Giants to get Young. 

Edited by JStar221
typo
  • Like 1

I would switch DPJ and Pittman Jr. DPJ is a lot better than sites like PFF will give him credit for. 

Is probably one of the top 5 route runners in the class. DPJ runs effective routes to all three levels. He runs with purpose; despite not having elite quickness, he really sells fakes well, and he has very fluid hips. It's weird. Has concentration drops show up a bit on tape, but he's the kind of receiver who is always looking to make a play downfield (this might have to do with the fact that Patterson never threw it deep with accuracy, so he had to make something out of nothing in that offense). Has a very impressive radius, has a long well-built frame. He uses that frame exceptionally well, boxing out anybody that tries to get in his back pocket. He also loves the RedZone, you can see the fire he brings on normal plays upped by tenfold when his offense is in TD country. He is very physical, well bully DB's that want to get into his space. He knows how to protect the ball.

I really like Peoples-Jones' fit opposite Slayton. 

12 hours ago, JStar221 said:

Pick 10     OT     Andrew Thomas      Draft Grade 70.6

Pick 36     C/G   Cesar Ruiz                Draft Grade 62.0 

Pick 38     S       Antoine Winfield       Draft Grade 69.9 

Pick 41     LB     Ken Murray                Draft Grade 58.6 

Pick 69     TE     Cole Kmet                  Draft Grade 65.0

Pick 74     EDG  Darrell Taylor             Draft Grade 64.0

Pick 110   OT    Prince Wanogho        Draft Grade 64.7

Pick 183   CB    Harrison Hand            Draft Grade 64.9 

Pick 238   EDG     Nick Coe                  Draft Grade 63.8 

Pick 247  WR    Kalija Lipscomb         Draft Grade 63.4

Pick 255   LB     Justin Strnad             Draft Grade  62.6 

Got a Final Grade of 77.5. 

I wouldn't mind this at all.  You addressed the O-line, which is the big thing I want from this draft.

I'm torn about spending a 2nd round pick on a FS.  I like Ashtyn Davis from Cal.  I think he has true FS range, but part of me wants to give Julian Love a chance.  I actually like the makeup of our secondary right now.  Hopefully DeAndre Baker takes that next step.  He had games late last year where he gave us some hope.  Sam Beal too.

Instead of Ken Murray I'd go with a big bodied WR at 41.  I'm a big fan of both Michael Pittman and Chase Claypool.

Knet at 69 is good value.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, YogiBiz said:

I would switch DPJ and Pittman Jr. DPJ is a lot better than sites like PFF will give him credit for. 

Is probably one of the top 5 route runners in the class. DPJ runs effective routes to all three levels. He runs with purpose; despite not having elite quickness, he really sells fakes well, and he has very fluid hips. It's weird. Has concentration drops show up a bit on tape, but he's the kind of receiver who is always looking to make a play downfield (this might have to do with the fact that Patterson never threw it deep with accuracy, so he had to make something out of nothing in that offense). Has a very impressive radius, has a long well-built frame. He uses that frame exceptionally well, boxing out anybody that tries to get in his back pocket. He also loves the RedZone, you can see the fire he brings on normal plays upped by tenfold when his offense is in TD country. He is very physical, well bully DB's that want to get into his space. He knows how to protect the ball.

I really like Peoples-Jones' fit opposite Slayton. 

DPJ is a freak of nature.  44 inch vert at his size is impressive.  I wouldn't mind him, but if I had to rank the 2-3rd round big bodied WRs,  I'd rank them Pittman, Claypool, then DPJ. 

Pittman had a 2.8% career drop percentage.  He's about as reliable as they come.  And he's not a prima donna either.  He worked on special teams.

I'm not going to pretend I'm a scout, but if I were making player comparisons:

• Michael Pittman -> Brandon Marshall
  • Chase Claypool -> Calvin Johnson
  • DPJ -> Anquon Bolden

Not saying they will be as good, but that's how I compare their styles

Edited by Gmen

12 minutes ago, Acgott said:

I probably should have traded my 7th into a higher pick, but I got a draft I'll be most satisfied with. 

Any draft where we land 2 top 10 prospects AND an additional first round pick in 2021 is fine by me.