PFF mock draft simulator

Gmen

2 hours ago, Gmen said:

DPJ is a freak of nature.  44 inch vert at his size is impressive.  I wouldn't mind him, but if I had to rank the 2-3rd round big bodied WRs,  I'd rank them Pittman, Claypool, then DPJ. 

Pittman had a 2.8% career drop percentage.  He's about as reliable as they come.  And he's not a prima donna either.  He worked on special teams.

I'm not going to pretend I'm a scout, but if I were making player comparisons:

• Michael Pittman -> Brandon Marshall
  • Chase Claypool -> Calvin Johnson
  • DPJ -> Anquon Bolden

Not saying they will be as good, but that's how I compare their styles

Pittman just isn't great breaking a lot of tackles imo. If he could get free of the first tackler more often, I think he could rip off big chunks of yardage. Claypool is closer to Demaryius Thomas Clone than Calvin, not a knock at all but he doesn't really play like his size would let on. Boldin is a good comp for DPJ's playstyle, but he just has that second gear that Boldin never had. DPJ runs a sub 4.5 40, and that speed shows up on tape. He'd be in the first round convo if Michigan could figure out what they wanted to do behind center. 

10 hours ago, Gmen said:

I wouldn't mind this at all.  You addressed the O-line, which is the big thing I want from this draft.

I'm torn about spending a 2nd round pick on a FS.  I like Ashtyn Davis from Cal.  I think he has true FS range, but part of me wants to give Julian Love a chance.  I actually like the makeup of our secondary right now.  Hopefully DeAndre Baker takes that next step.  He had games late last year where he gave us some hope.  Sam Beal too.

Instead of Ken Murray I'd go with a big bodied WR at 41.  I'm a big fan of both Michael Pittman and Chase Claypool.

Knet at 69 is good value.

I took both the Safety and the ILB  because I don't trust what they have. I figured if Love works out then in 2021 no need for Peppers. We can save cap space and get a comp pick.

As for Murray this was also a value pick. Additionally, this was also not only don't I trust Mayo but I don't trust Connelly too. I suppose we can live  without a ILB pick or even draft one later. But I really thought that Muurray   would be a 1st rd pick or top couple of picks in rd 2 at absolute worst.  But if not more important - I don't know where our front 7 stands in 2021.  I know Lawrence and Martinez but that's it. Are we going to sign both Tomlinson and Williams? 

So I'd like to ask your opinion and anyone else-- "What do you think the front 7 will be (if we take an OT in rd 1 without any other trade-ups) in 2021? The main front line are just big guys - not much pass rushing and I don't know if the Giants are going to spend very big bucks on both LW and DT. What do you see in this front 7 for the future? Right now I see it overall slow / and Carter and Ximines don't look so hot for more of our speed guys. 

***********With that said -- I'm with you and anyone else that wants a WR in the early rounds. I think I could've traded down a bit more and gotten 2nd round WR. I'm absolutely on board with a WR.. I sort of shied away from it by taking Kmet instead at TE.