Cam Newton

El Ramster

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I can't say he doesn't put in the work, but he is a massive show pony and loves the limelight. Sometimes that works for players, sometimes not. I'd rather he didn't do elaborate dances and dabs and whatever and just do his job. Might actually win something. 

Newton has the 4th most wins in the NFL since 2013, only behind Alex Smith, Russell Wilson, and Tom Brady.  He has 3 playoff appearances in that same time span, which includes an NFC Championship victory and a Super Bowl appearance.  We are 2-0 to start this season.

10 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Newton has the 4th most wins in the NFL since 2013, only behind Alex Smith, Russell Wilson, and Tom Brady.  He has 3 playoff appearances in that same time span, which includes an NFC Championship victory and a Super Bowl appearance.  We are 2-0 to start this season.

....congratulations? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Celebrating first downs when you're a QB is setting the bar pretty low, right? 

It is annoying.  Just about every Panthers fan, including me, thinks that honestly.  Ultimately though, it doesn't matter.  It definitely doesn't affect the success we have.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

It is annoying.  Just about every Panthers fan, including me, thinks that honestly.  Ultimately though, it doesn't matter.  It definitely doesn't affect the success we have.

You know what's more annoying as a Panthers fan?

Listening to fans of other teams spout nonsense about Cam's mental capabilities or leadership abilities in the locker room.  Most of it seems to stem from preconceived opinions on him, and they see what they want to see with regard to the celebrating and the tower over the head etc.

I don't know why I even bother to type out thoughtful posts with actual analysis of his play like the one I made on page 1 of this thread.  It just falls on deaf ears.

2 hours ago, iknowcool said:

Cam isn't nearly as arrogant as some of you seem to think. If you actually listen to him talk, he's actually very humble. Just because he celebrates and has fun doesn't mean he isn't aware of his issues. He blames himself every time he has a bad game. And he's always had amazing work ethic - it's one of the things he was most praised for back at Auburn. Seems like you are just making stuff up.

Actually he is. He's not dancing just to dance. He's dancing after first downs, and after any minor accomplishment. He's doing it just to taunt and rub it in defenders faces that he's better then them. That's arrogance. 

And he is aware of his issues? Is he also aware when his team is trailing when he's celebrating after a TD? He has always had a sense of entitlement. It has been one of the things many people have been turned off by. Even his more accomplished peers have said so. Unless you think pro-bowlers like Kurt Warner are making things up as well. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Actually he is. He's not dancing just to dance. He's dancing after first downs, and after any minor accomplishment. He's doing it just to taunt and rub it in defenders faces that he's better then them. That's arrogance. 

And he is aware of his issues? Is he also aware when his team is trailing when he's celebrating after a TD? He has always had a sense of entitlement. It has been one of the things many people have been turned off by. Even his more accomplished peers have said so. Unless you think pro-bowlers like Kurt Warner are making things up as well. 

Who cares what Kurt Warner thinks?  I certainly don't.  I'm not denying people's right or wrong tendency to hate athletes who celebrate.  Of course there are probably some "accomplished peers" out there that dislike Cam.  But Newton does it because it is a fun thing to do.  It isn't his fault that you or other people choose to get so up in arms about it.  

It's just celebrating.  Why get so upset about it?  Newton is no more or less arrogant than Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers.  

People complain when Newton "pouts".  They complain when he celebrates.  Is he supposed to just be a robotic, stoic QB?  Is he supposed to be Russell Wilson? 

4 hours ago, iknowcool said:

What? How does that even make sense? If they had made it to 16-0, how would it not be deserved? You don't luck into that record. Panthers were just a great team that season. We had decisive wins against the next 3 best NFC teams. We destroyed the Cardinals and were destroying the Packers/Seahawks until we started taking the foot off the pedal.

And he was "exposed" against the Broncos? You mean the same defense that also gave Brady a lot of problems? Broncos make every passing offense look terrible.

Panthers made the playoffs for 3 straight years until last year and are 2-0 this year. Cam hasn't been perfect but he has hidden a LOT of our offensive flaws because of his skills, particularly how flawed our offensive scheme was. Anyone who has taken the time to watch our offense has pointed out how ridiculously long it takes our plays to develop due to our over reliancy on downfield throwing. Cam has to do a lot just to accomplish a little. 

He missed so many passes last week that should have been easy completions. Your offense sucks and he's part of the issue.

Cam newton has had a super avg career with 10 amazing games in 2015.. Avg.. 

2 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

The Panthers were not remotely close to as good as teams in the past decade that have gone 14-2, 15-1, or 16-0.

Brady played well in that AFCCG.  I have no idea what you're talking about.   Cam was completely overmatched.

Panthers are not a good team and were overrated that entire season.

You are right.  They got lucky to beat the Seahawks, Packers, Cardinals and make it to the Super Bowl.  They clearly weren't a good team.

That is 6 teams in 10 years.  Far from "several teams".

And "had team inexplicably blow games for them"?  Dude, what the hell are you talking about?  If anything, it was the other way around.  We beat the hell out of the Packers and Seahawks for 3 quarters when we beat them and it took us playing prevent for them to even make it a game.  Clearly you didn't watch us that season.

Edited by iknowcool

5 hours ago, steadypimpin said:

From an outsider, the team seems to try and give him offensive help. Benjamin, Funchess, McCaffery, Olsen are guys they got for him. His line is good. I wouldn't say the team neglects him just some of thise WRs haven't panned out yet.

So much wrong with this.

That line is nowhere near good and his help so far has been hot and Cold. The only one you can count on is Olsen and he's injured. Hopefully McCaffery develops. 

Edited by Supersuavesky