Cam Newton

El Ramster

I've said it a dozen times on this board. The Panthers with Cam have never strung two good seasons together. His team is not bad enough for that have been the case if he were an elite QB. He fluctates. Like alot of running QB's, his ability to run is a crutch, and as he plays more and more teams will look at him and study his movement tendencies enough to contain that on a more consistent basis and his ability to pass in the pocket will be more important. He can't do that. 

5 hours ago, iknowcool said:

Newton has an amazing foundation for kids and has given a lot back to the community.  Probably in the hundreds of thousands if not the millions.  Every Thanksgiving, he hosts an event where he gives food to hundreds of people.  After every touchdown the Panthers have, home or away, Newton makes a kid's day by giving him a football.  I would say that deserves a lot of respect and admiration.  Maybe you disagree.

He's a great person by all accounts.  If you want to let an athlete celebrating make you so mad, or care that it makes other people mad, then go ahead.

Stop making stuff up.  That is not what happened.  A defender took a cheap shot into Newton's leg that should have been penalized.  It was an ongoing issue all season long where Newton was taking a lot of ridiculous hits.  Newton hadn't said a word about it for years until then and hasn't spoken on it since.  And he talked about it for like what, 5 minutes?  And only because he was asked by a journalist.

TO has a foundation for kids. He is still an arrogant person. You can have good intentions and still be a prima donna. 

I think you're arguing trying to grasp straws that your star QB is a humble great guy. He's not. Not saying he's a scumbag, but he is someone who enjoys his "me" time and attention more then other things that should be more important.

There are plenty of freaking hits that are not penalized. There were hits on Romo that should have gotten clear flags but didn't, on Brady, on Manning, on Ben, on every freaking starting QB in the league. But he wants to cry because it's him. He makes it sound like this was a Albert Haynesworth head stomp.

And again, I say if you want to taunt defenses with your "dabs" and say crap like "if you don't want me to do it, don't let me in", hard hits are gonna come your way. Which leaves me mind boggled about that dumb argument "Well if it was Brady, there would have been a flag." Well Brady doesn't go out of his way to piss people off bud. He runs up the stats, wins, everything more then any other QB, if there was ever a QB to take the cheap shots on because he was "too good". That would be the guy. And if they are cheap on Newton. Where is Brady's beating?

• Like 1

This loss to the saints was 100% on newton

Besides the 3 picks he also had two recovered fumbles and another pass that should have have been a pick

He's missing easy throws even with a clean pocket and wide open receivers.. he's making bad decisions.. in the last pick he forced a ball into defenders when he had a receiver just to the right that was alone 

He is playing awful so far this year.. maybe he still didn't recover from injury... maybe this is who he is and they should just let him play his traditional style (running a lot and taking hits).. perhaps it is better to have a few great years from him than several years of mediocrity

anyway, either cam shows up to play or this team is going nowhere

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Spartica4Real said:

With the exception of 2015, he regresses as a passer every year. Could be on Cam, could be on Shula. They need to fire Shula and Rivera first of all. See how Cam looks under a new staff and offense. Regardless, you certainly don't give up on him now, so soon after an MVP season which WAS deserved. 

looks like they have an out in 2019, that gives cam 20 games to prove hes a starting caliber qb. This isnt that unusual of a story though, athletic qb that relies more on being a dual threat than a great thrower regresses as he ages. cam is an inconsistent passer, and teams dont have to respect his ability to take off as much. 

19 hours ago, iknowcool said:

Cam isn't nearly as arrogant as some of you seem to think. If you actually listen to him talk, he's actually very humble. Just because he celebrates and has fun doesn't mean he isn't aware of his issues. He blames himself every time he has a bad game. And he's always had amazing work ethic - it's one of the things he was most praised for back at Auburn. Seems like you are just making stuff up.

Funny, I know people who actually met Cam in person and said he was a straight up jerk. But, obviously we're all making this stuff up, bruh.

8 hours ago, Axiomatic52 said:

Funny, I know people who actually met Cam in person and said he was a straight up jerk. But, obviously we're all making this stuff up, bruh.

I'm sure you have. I'm sure people think Brady is a jerk too. 

Who the heck cares? People never liked Cam since his days at Auburn. His teammates love him by all accounts and he's never caused an issue. Even Jared Allen, after he left the team, talked about how good and fun of a dude Cam is. I'm more inclined to believe him than your "friends". 

But it doesn't matter. Cam's arrogance or non arrogance, jerk or non jerk, etc. status has no bearing on anything that happens with the team.

17 hours ago, footbull3196 said:

Actually, several = 5 or more.  He listed 6

And outside of the first 2 playoff games, the Panthers were largely unremarkable.  Out of their 15 wins, only a grand total of 4 came against playoff teams.  

There are only 12 playoff teams in the entire NFL. There are only so many playoff teams a team can face.

I am not even disagreeing that they may not have been as good as the other 6 teams, but this idea that a 15-1 team that dominated in the NFC Championship game "wasn't even good" is the dumb. They were clearly a great team. You just don't luck into 15-1 and a Super Bowl appearance. 

Edited by iknowcool

19 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

There are only 12 playoff teams in the entire NFL. There are only so many playoff teams a team can face.

I am not even disagreeing that they may not have been as good as the other 6 teams, but this idea that a 15-1 team that dominated in the NFC Championship game "wasn't even good" is the dumb. They were clearly a great team. You just don't luck into 15-1 and a Super Bowl appearance. 

Stop defending Scams character and start defending his QB play.. Or his QB play so bad that you've given up!

And the only thing you can defend is his honor? 

Edited by El ramster
error 404

Newton’s last 16 games, he has the following stat line: 279/520 (54%), 3,528 yards (6.8 Y/A), 16 TDs, 16 INTs, 42 sacks for 337 yards, and 4.97 ANY/A. 

Avg..

In his last 16 games, he’s rushed for just 314 yards. Over his last 10 games, he’s rushed for 144 yards. This is Cam Newton!

http://www.footballperspective.com/something-is-wrong-with-cam-newton/