1990s Thriller - Official FF BMET (Nominations)

Deadpulse

In this thread we will be deciding the 3rd entrant into the FF Best Movie Ever Tournament - Thriller movie from the 1990s!

Please see rules at the following thread:

Nominations are open! Please be clear that you are nominating flicks. Movies with 3+ nominations will make it into the polling phase. POSTERS WILL BE LIMITED TO FIVE NOMINATIONS. If you nominate more than 5 I will only count the top five. The changes in edited posts will not be counted. Nominations will close Monday, 4/13/2020 at 4pm EST. 

@Calvert28@Uncle Buck @THE DUKE @FinneasGage   @Dome @The Orca @August4th @thrILL! @Malfatron @Elky @daboyle250 @rackcs @MikeT14 @Daniel @MWil23 @seminoles1 @scar988 @JoshstraDaymus @JonStark @animaltested @Ozzy @Bullet Club @AlexGreen#20 @Fresh Prince @KManX89 @TENINCH @SlevinKelevra @bucsfan333 @Ray Reed @Bucketheadsdad @kingseanjohn@Pickle Rick

Nominations:

The Fugitive 
Se7en  
Fargo  
Eyes Wide Shut  
The Talented Mr. Ripley  

The Fugitive should win but sure could maybe consider it an action movie as well, Se7en is great obviously.  Absolutely love Eyes Wide Shut, intense cool film that is really well shot, and The Talented Mr. Ripley is just a great film.  

Honorable mention:

Reservoir Dogs
Dark City  
Cape Fear 
Misery  
True Romance
Storm of the Century
8MM  

Arguably the best time period overall for Thrillers in terms of quality.   

2 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Falling Down

Fight Club 

Misery

Se7en

Jurrasic Park

Damn I thought Thirteen Days was 1999. I failed to nominate it in both decades. 

I was going to nominate Jurassic Park as well but I think I will do that under the action/adventure category.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, August4th said:

funny games

Bound

Fargo

Juice

Wild Things

With Funny Games not sure I like the 1997 version over the 2007 one with Naomi Watts, that was very solid.  And good call on Bound, I just recently saw that movie and it was extremely good.  Very underrated and not very well known.  Totally fits the category and is one of the better things the Wachowski's have done outside of The Matrix stuff.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SlevinKelevra said:

I think honestly the fact that nobody above me mentioned L.A. Confidential  .  probably THE worst omission in the clusterF of omissions and screwups you have all perpetrated so far.

Just remembered that movie. I’ll add L.A. Confidential to my list

Edited by Fresh Prince