Almost There Mock 2020

Madmike90

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

I agree if a truly superior defensive player falls you should take advantage of that.

But the offense has a talent problem.

There just aren’t any difference makers outride of Robinson and math Miller if he builds off late last season.

The OL is just a bunch of guys. Whitehair is good, but not a stud.

TE just guys.

RB just guys.

QB clearly just guys.

I'm not quite ready to call the RBs "just guys" just yet.  I would like to see them actually used correctly and not behind a dysfunctional Oline first.  You may still be right but they were operating under very subpar conditions.

1 hour ago, GBHalas said:

Unless someone like Delpit falls into the Bears laps I think both picks should be for sale for more draft capital.  

And in Delpit's case- or Jackson, Jones, Winfield, Mims, Love- I'd be willing to go up and get them, but not a huge jump. At most, 5 picks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

And in Delpit's case- or Jackson, Jones, Winfield, Mims, Love- I'd be willing to go up and get them, but not a huge jump. At most, 5 picks.

If we are going for a QB I would be open to trading into the 30-32 range. That 5th year option could be a boon for a QB who is hitting their stride by paying them only $15-16 million per year. I'd prefer to use it and then put an extension in front of them that lowers their cap hits overall. By the time a 2020 rookie hits that 5th year option they might well have 20 QBs with an average salary of $30+ million (we have 7 now and Tannehill is right at the door with $29.5 mil, so we will have Mahomes and a slew of others beating that soon enough). 

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

If we are going for a QB I would be open to trading into the 30-32 range. That 5th year option could be a boon for a QB who is hitting their stride by paying them only $15-16 million per year. I'd prefer to use it and then put an extension in front of them that lowers their cap hits overall. By the time a 2020 rookie hits that 5th year option they might well have 20 QBs with an average salary of $30+ million (we have 7 now and Tannehill is right at the door with $29.5 mil, so we will have Mahomes and a slew of others beating that soon enough). 

Yes, correct. For Love I'd be willing to go into round 1

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I agree if a truly superior defensive player falls you should take advantage of that.

But the offense has a talent problem.

There just aren’t any difference makers outride of Robinson and math Miller if he builds off late last season.

The OL is just a bunch of guys. Whitehair is good, but not a stud.

TE just guys.

RB just guys.

QB clearly just guys.

I think that is maybe a bit harsh to say we have just guys all over the place but there is no doubt we need some playmakers to help make these guys better.

4 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Delpit's really good and all, and it would be fun to watch he and Jackson together (assuming Jackson returns to form)...but I'd be terrified to trade up for any defensive player at this point. If Pace feels the need to draft another safety, or D-lineman, I really hope he's content rolling the dice with some lower round dudes. 

8 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I think that is maybe a bit harsh to say we have just guys all over the place but there is no doubt we need some playmakers to help make these guys better.

Besides Robinson, who do you think is better than "just a guy?" Some guys may end up being better than that, but right now on 4/13/20 at 2 pm, I think Windy is correct.

7 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Other than Robinson who is really good on offense?

We have multiple difference making guys on defense

Mack

Hicks

Fuller

Jackson

We have multiple really good players

Goldman

Roquan

Trevathan

Quinn

On offense we have 1 difference maker [Robinson] and 2 really good players [Miller and Whitehair]

Just now, Heinz D. said:

Delpit's really good and all, and it would be fun to watch he and Jackson together (assuming Jackson returns to form)...but I'd be terrified to trade up for any defensive player at this point. If Pace feels the need to draft another safety, or D-lineman, I really hope he's content rolling the dice with some lower round dudes. 

And that's fair and I totally get it, but if someone of THAT caliber falls, that's the cherry on top of a defense. He's fast, hard hitting and a true alpha. It'd be a home run of a pick imo

9 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Who is better? I think it is super accurate.

Maybe Montgomery and Daniels get there, but we know that Leno and Massie are just average players, we do not have a RG, the TEs are mediocre, the QBs are what they are.

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

Other than Robinson who is really good on offense?

We have multiple difference making guys on defense

Mack

Hicks

Fuller

Jackson

We have multiple really good players

Goldman

Roquan

Trevathan

Quinn

On offense we have 1 difference maker [Robinson] and 2 really good players [Miller and Whitehair]

And that's if you think Miller is "really good."

He's had some really good flashes, but right now he's JAG.

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

And that's fair and I totally get it, but if someone of THAT caliber falls, that's the cherry on top of a defense. He's fast, hard hitting and a true alpha. It'd be a home run of a pick imo

Oh, if he's there at #43, I'd take him in an instant. Then settle on your top offensive guy (at whatever position) at #50. I just wouldn't trade up for a defensive guy. 

7 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Who is better? I think it is super accurate.

Maybe Montgomery and Daniels get there, but we know that Leno and Massie are just average players, we do not have a RG, the TEs are mediocre, the QBs are what they are.

I think there is a big difference between "average" and "good" I think we have seen a lot of these linemen be good in the past and the talent is there...just needs unlocked...same goes for Cohen...Robinson is a stud...Miller moved into good towards the end of last year...I expect a big jump from Montgomery in year two...maybe it is more of a projection but to me you find a good RG and a true playmaker next to Robinson and this offence can be good enough with an elite defence to win games.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I think there is a big difference between "average" and "good" I think we have seen a lot of these linemen be good in the past and the talent is there...just needs unlocked...same goes for Cohen...Robinson is a stud...Miller moved into good towards the end of last year...I expect a big jump from Montgomery in year two...maybe it is more of a projection but to me you find a good RG and a true playmaker next to Robinson and this offence can be good enough with an elite defence to win games.

Disagree on Cohen. I think he's a one trick pony who, for whatever reason, showed signs of slowing down last year. I agree with everything else there, though. :)