Worst TE Class in past 10 years?

Hunter2_1

Which year is it?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. The worst TE class (as prospects) of the past 10 years...

• This 2020 class

To refresh;

2019 - Hockenson, Fant, Smith, Sample, Oliver, Sternberger, Warring, Knox

2018 - Hurst, Gesicki, Goedert, Andrews, Atkins, Thomas, Herndon

2017 was strong

2016 - Henry, Hooper, Vannett, Higbee, Hemingway, Adams, Morgan

2015 - Williams, Walford, Croft, Heuerman, Bell, Pruitt, James, Boyle

2013 and 2014 were strong

2012 - Fleener, Allen, Egnew, Green, Rodriguez, Charles...

2011 - Rudolph, Kendricks, Housler, Cameron, Stocker, Thomas, Williams

2010 was strong

Edited by Hunter2_1

2019, 2018, 2016 and 2011 don’t belong in this thread. 

2019 is a bit too early to say but had two very highly rated guys and some decent mid rounders. 

Goedert and Andrews take 2018 out the conversation, plus there’s still hope for Hurst in a new situation and fetching a second rounder shows he’s highly rated around the league.  

2016 had several guys who continue to contribute around the league.

2011 had Rudolph who’s a very solid starter and Julius Thomas who was a top 5 TE in his prime, albeit a short prime. 

It’s between 2012 and 2015. I’ll give the edge to 2012 purely because 2015 had a few guys who are at least solid backup tight ends. That 2012 group was ugly. I was so high on Fleener and Allen at the time smh. 

3 hours ago, paul-mac said:

2019, 2018, 2016 and 2011 don’t belong in this thread. 

2019 is a bit too early to say but had two very highly rated guys and some decent mid rounders. 

Goedert and Andrews take 2018 out the conversation, plus there’s still hope for Hurst in a new situation and fetching a second rounder shows he’s highly rated around the league.  

2016 had several guys who continue to contribute around the league.

2011 had Rudolph who’s a very solid starter and Julius Thomas who was a top 5 TE in his prime, albeit a short prime. 

It’s between 2012 and 2015. I’ll give the edge to 2012 purely because 2015 had a few guys who are at least solid backup tight ends. That 2012 group was ugly. I was so high on Fleener and Allen at the time smh. 

As prospects.

So 2019 - fair, those top two were highly touted. I don't remember anyone talking up Goedert or Andrews in 2018, same for either in 2011.

I chose 2015, similar to this class in that there were no studs or highly thought of prospects but even in those classes there are guys that people like as sleepers or if drafted into the right situation can be serviceable and out perform their perception of them as a prospect. 2015 didn’t even provide that, much of them turned out to be even worse than expected. 

1 minute ago, Fureys49ers said:

I chose 2015, similar to this class in that there were no studs or highly thought of prospects but even in those classes there are guys that people like as sleepers or if drafted into the right situation can be serviceable and out perform their perception of them as a prospect. 2015 didn’t even provide that, much of them turned out to be even worse than expected. 

Yeah it’s 2015 for me

2015, which is currently leading, is missing Darren Waller who went in the 6th round to the Ravens, but this last season lead the Raiders with 90 rec 1145 yards and 3 TD (TE2 Foster Moreau had 21 rec 174 yards 5 TD, which is where the TD numbers went). Waller may not have been a successful pick for the Ravens, but he has turned into a quality receiving TE and should be included in 2015's class as the Ravens too transitioned him to a TE. Purely as prospect he doesn't really register a bump, but he has made the class considerably more successful.

Edited by Trojan