First Round Scenarios

Brit Pack

10 minutes ago, Golfman said:

I think Love is going to go before either Tua or Hebert and maybe both. Rumors of Miami falling hard for this kid, one could even say it's Love! Still concerns about Tua's hip. They might grab Love at 5. I see no chance there aren't 4 QB gone b4 we pick. 

I agree that 4 QB's will be gone.  I'd be very surprised to see Love taken before Tua or Hebert.

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Herbert seems to be the guy that Miami likes.  I'm not sure I've seen anyone linking Love-to-Miami.  As for the 8 OTs, I don't see that many OT's going off the board.  The last time we saw 8 OTs go off the board in the first round, you'd have to go back to 2008 when 8 OTs went in the first round.

Saw it on the NFL network yesterday. It was one of their draft analysts. Do not remember who but it was not Daniel Jeremiah. I took the idea of eight OT's off the board from a comment by Alex Green a few posts before mine. Even if 5 or 6 so before us, you are now reaching to get one. 

I have a feeling this first round is going to be crazier than usual. I don't even think that list of 20 is safe to assume they are all off the board. With contact limited information is fragmented.

I hope the Packers get value in a guy none of us expect to be available.

• Like 2

Just now, Mazrimiv said:

I agree that 4 QB's will be gone.  I'd be very surprised to see Love taken before Tua or Hebert.

So would I, just posting what I heard. He seems to be getting the Mahomes momentum as we lead up to the draft. I think there is real concern over Tua's hip though. As a caveat, I remember the same concerns over Brett Favre's hip. When Wolf traded for him he said, if he got 5 years out of Favre it was worth it. 

8 minutes ago, spilltray said:

I have a feeling this first round is going to be crazier than usual. I don't even think that list of 20 is safe to assume they are all off the board. With contact limited information is fragmented.

Why do you think that? I was thinking the opposite. After so the top 10 or so idt there’s many people to get excited for.

9 minutes ago, spilltray said:

Some names we assume are going to be gone that could fall IMO:

Kinlaw, Ruggs, Becton

Couple guys I think are going to go way higher than expected:

Cleveland, Pittman 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Saw it on the NFL network yesterday. It was one of their draft analysts. Do not remember who but it was not Daniel Jeremiah. I took the idea of eight OT's off the board from a comment by Alex Green a few posts before mine. Even if 5 or 6 so before us, you are now reaching to get one. 

If the Packers take Ezra Cleveland how bad will the riot be?

30 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Herbert seems to be the guy that Miami likes.  I'm not sure I've seen anyone linking Love-to-Miami.  As for the 8 OTs, I don't see that many OT's going off the board.  The last time we saw 8 OTs go off the board in the first round, you'd have to go back to 2008 when 8 OTs went in the first round.

It's been a while and I'm not saying it's likely, I think it will be 7, but when was the last time there was this little talent on the DL, and really in the secondary also?

A lot of the teams that heavily value the premiums aren't going to have much choice.

9 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Why do you think that? I was thinking the opposite. After so the top 10 or so idt there’s many people to get excited for.

The media is always way off base on a few guys. With more people isolated I think there will be more diverse boards than usual with the media not having the amount of information they usually do on who is thinking what. There are always a few of those guys out of nowhere that blow up the predictions. I have a feeling that is going to be higher than usual.

• Like 1