Rocky’s post Gurley/Cooks Mock

rocky_rams

What up fellas. Don’t do this much but I figured I’d give it a try again. 

52 WR Justin Jefferson LSU. I think we need to get BPA and at this point I feel Jefferson drops to us. Cooks is gone We need to plan ahead at WR with our WR contracts coming up. He’ll be a solid addition 

57 Zack Baun EDGE Wisconsin. A little undersized but he’s shown it all at the EDGE position. I think he will fit Staley’s scheme perfectly. He will be an immediate starter 

84 Tyler Biadasz C/G Wisconsin.  I’ve been a big fan of his. He has the size to anchor the middle of our OL. Not to mention he’s from OL U 

104 Zack Moss RB Utah. Rams have already shown interest in him. Will be a good complement to Henderson in the backfield 

126  Evan Weaver. ILB CAL. I really like Weaver. I think he would be a good addition as well. He will not start right away but he fits the mold that Staley is looking for. This would be a sleeper pick 

199 Rodrigo Blankenship K Georgia. Obviously we have holes to fill and kicker is right there at the top. He is highly touted and most people have him going to NE. I think we get him before Pats have a chance 

234 Too late of a pick. Don’t really care about this pick. Any depth position will do. You guys can throw anyone you want.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

It's a great mock, Rocky. Unfortunately, I think your first two picks are unlikely to make it that far in the Draft.

That’s exactly what I thought, but I think this is a deep draft. 

I know that Jefferson is a bit of a stretch at that point and if so then I wouldn’t mind us going after Clyde Edwards Helaire and then later for Denzel Mims. 

But I feel like we will have one or two solid guys who will fall into the 2nd for us 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

That’s exactly what I thought, but I think this is a deep draft. 

I know that Jefferson is a bit of a stretch at that point and if so then I wouldn’t mind us going after Clyde Edwards Helaire and then later for Denzel Mims. 

But I feel like we will have one or two solid guys who will fall into the 2nd for us 

Mims probably goes before our pick too. But he's more likely to fall to #52 than Jefferson imo.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Mims probably goes before our pick too. But he's more likely to fall to #52 than Jefferson imo.

Tend to agree.  Also feel like we'll see a self-policed enforcement of GM's checking themselves on letting timed drills overshadow what the tape consistently shows when it comes to rendering judgment on guys, save for the teams that live and die by SPARQ metrics.  Main reason for that: DK Metcalf (and DK ran really well, teams just overthought it way too hard).  I get that he's probably who folks are clinging to as the token to suggest that some of these guys might slip through the cracks to us, but I'm actually the opposite in that I'm expecting a course-correction as a reactive behavior from front offices.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Tend to agree.  Also feel like we'll see a self-policed enforcement of GM's checking themselves on letting timed drills overshadow what the tape consistently shows when it comes to rendering judgment on guys, save for the teams that live and die by SPARQ metrics.  Main reason for that: DK Metcalf (and DK ran really well, teams just overthought it way too hard).  I get that he's probably who folks are clinging to as the token to suggest that some of these guys might slip through the cracks to us, but I'm actually the opposite in that I'm expecting a course-correction as a reactive behavior from front offices.

If Tee Higgins falls to us, I'll be celebrating.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

If Tee Higgins falls to us, I'll be celebrating.

I like Tee Higgins but I honestly feel like he’ll go earlier than most of us think because of his size and athleticism. 

Also, he’s a big red zone target. And he’s from Clemson. I would not be complaining one bit if he fell to us 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

I like Tee Higgins but I honestly feel like he’ll go earlier than most of us think because of his size and athleticism. 

Also, he’s a big red zone target. And he’s from Clemson. I would not be complaining one bit if he fell to us 

I thought so too, but he didn't test well. Think Mims and Pittman have jumped Higgins, which is great news for us.

• Like 2