User Name's Final "Stand-On-The-Table Guys" Cut-Down 2020 NFL Draft Big Board

Mind Character

The Draft is nigh

... Prepare thine-selves

... Sashi's plan all led to this moment

------------------------------

I've cut 100 or so players out of my rankings to get to the Final Big Board of Brown's-Specfic Prospects Who I'd "Stand On the Table for" due to my belief in them. The board includes players from the 1st to UDFA prospect pool

There were numerous good players (e.g.., Tristan Wirfs, Jerry Jeudy, Henry Ruggs, Tee Higgins, D'Andre Swift, Mekhi Becton etc) that were excluded due to not meeting my threshold of belief in them for a wide-variety of reasons. If a player isn't on my list, it isn't likely that I forgot them.

Below is the list which I will use as reference to remember how frustrating it will be when the Browns draft Grant Delpit in the 2nd round only to witness witness every Brown's fan on Earth celebrate the selection because they heard his name and heard he won awards and his combine numbers whatever the phuck.

XUSZa6j.png

6yqXTvg.png

xlc1wkP.png

zf2kQJe.png

PF6mboA.png

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 1

The All Fool's Gold, "Please No Andrew Berry," First Teamers

1. Grant Delpit, S LSU
  2. Tristan Wirfs as Tackle
  3. Jeremy Chinn, S Southern Illinois
  4. Josh Jones, OT Houston
  5. Ashtyn Davis in the 2nd
  6. Mekhi Becton Top 10

-------------

My Perfect Draft Scenario:

1.) Jedrick Wills Jr., OT Alabama // Trade Down // Isaiah Simmons, LB Clemson // CeeDee Lamb, WR Oklahoma // Jeffrey Okudah, CB Ohio State // Andrew Thomas, OT Georgia // CJ Henderson, CB Florida
2.) Antoine Winfield Jr., SS Minnesota // Denzel Mims, WR Baylor // Jeff Gladney, CB TCU // Justin Jefferson, WR LSU // Kenneth Murray, LB Oklahoma
** Trade Up ** 3.) Robert Hunt, OG/OT Louisiana-Lafayette
3.) Antonio Gibson, Slot-WR/PRB/RB/KR/PR Memphis
4.) Jabari Zuniga, DE Florida
** Acquire ** 5.) Troy Dye, LB Oregon // Justin Strnad, LB Wake Forrest // Logan Wilson, LB Wyoming
** Trade Up ** 6.) Devin Asiasi, TE UCLA
7.) Joe Reed, Slot-WR/KR/PR Virginia // Joshua Kelley, RB UCLA // DeeJay Dallas, PRB Miami // Malcolm Perry, Slot-WR Convert, Navy

Edited by Mind Character

36 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Where is Jerry Jeudy????

Really really good player.

He and Henry Ruggs were some of the hardest to exclude as they've been some of my favorites dating back to last year, but ultimately they don't meet my threshold of players who's evaluative profile and profile I believe in enough as "Stand on the Table for them" guys.

It's odd to have guy's like Hamler and Shenault make the latter Tier list but not Ruggs or Jeudy in the earlier Tier list, but for what each prospect is and how I see their fit and impact becoming I have more belief in what Hamler and Shenault become as Slot-WRs (controlling for injury of course) compared to my belief in Jeudy and Ruggs as Boundary WR1s/WR2s which is how they'll be employed.

Edited by Mind Character

On 12/31/2019 at 11:58 AM, Mind Character said:

Take out the Linebacker/Strong Safety Isaiah Simmons. Unbelievable linear, track athlete. Positional value and his lack of real football real instincts and physicality limit his impact at the next level. He's more Linebacker now than Strong Safety. Accumulated crazy stats but he's not the football player at Linebacker or at Strong Safety to go top 10. 

what changed with Simmons?

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Nothing he’s still a WLB that will get severely overdrafted. The guy has a real chance to be good and his ceiling is high but Dabo even said he had no idea what was going on up until this past year. Too big of a boom/bust.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

What changed is:

1.) My understanding of what it might take to stop Lamar Jackson and a Zach Taylor Bengals Spread, Quick Strike Offense with Joe Burrow over the next 10 years.

2.) 4 Months of additional time as that comment/post was written in December to understand the prospects strengths and weaknesses

Simmons isn't a run stopping grinder or physical or instinctive enough to be a force in the traditional sense if the Browns had to play the Titans and Derrick Henry every game, for the Browns 2 divisional opponent's his range playmaking, ability to spy, and defend the slot has a real tangible value that I didn't value as much at the beginning of evaluating him.

Furthermore, even though I have him ranked so highly on my overall big board, I still would prefer a trade down over taking him top 10 as I have 4 other LBs I have graded highly in my "quality starter by year 2, pro-bowl upside" third tier who have real pro-bowl upside.

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mtmmike said:

Ruggs will be as good as tyreek 

Not even close.

Hill has superior body control and contact balance from his time being a running back. He also is quicker, has freakier acceleration, and most importantly attacks the ball in the air and has combat catch ability.

Ruggs will be good, but he's more of a Santa Moss (who was a good player in his own right) than a Tyreek Hill.

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Mind Character said:

The All Fool's Gold, "Please No Andrew Berry," First Teamers

1. Grant Delpit, S LSU
  2. Tristan Wirfs as Tackle
  3. Jeremy Chinn, S Southern Illinois
  4. Josh Jones, OT Houston
  5. Ashtyn Davis in the 2nd
  6. Mekhi Becton Top 10

---------

I respect your scouting, I truly do....and am in agreement with you most of the time, but on these I am not.

1. Grant Delpit: Starting at FS at LSU as a Freshman is like starting at LT as a true freshman at Wisconsin, or starting on the Dline at Alabama......and this is NOT ABOUT scouting the helmet. At the same time, it is only logical to recognize that certain schools have DEEP talent pools at certain traditional position. I have watched this kid since he was a VERY solid Freshman, and his Soph year he was the best DB in the country. This year he started at multiple position in the 2ndary while nursing some injuries. This kid is a top15-20 talent and I would bet my Truck on it.

2. Tristian Wirfs is another kid I have watched for multiple years. He has so many tools, that I think people are trying to pigeon hole him into a certain the OG position. What i see is a kid who could be a pro bowl/all pro level performer at multiple positions reminding me of an Eric Steinbach (but bigger and Stronger). In think he is by far one of the safest picks in the draft. Best Case Scenario All Pro LT, worst case scenario Pro Bowl OG.

3. Chinn I had to scout this year, I have only seen him play once, but with his Production, on top of position versitility (played CB as a Soph) and his testing numbers. I feel very strongly about him as a prospect....not like Delpit and Wirfs

4.  This is going to be my biggest conflict with you of this, I feel that Josh Jones will be a better NFL LT than Wills will be. Yes I said it. Wills has fallen to my #4b OT (Thomas, Wirfs, Bekton, Jones-a, Wills-b)

5. Agreed.....

6. Covered in #4....

• Like 2