User Name's Final "Stand-On-The-Table Guys" Cut-Down 2020 NFL Draft Big Board

Mind Character

42 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I respect your scouting, I truly do....and am in agreement with you most of the time, but on these I am not.

1. Grant Delpit: Starting at FS at LSU as a Freshman is like starting at LT as a true freshman at Wisconsin, or starting on the Dline at Alabama......and this is NOT ABOUT scouting the helmet. At the same time, it is only logical to recognize that certain schools have DEEP talent pools at certain traditional position. I have watched this kid since he was a VERY solid Freshman, and his Soph year he was the best DB in the country. This year he started at multiple position in the 2ndary while nursing some injuries. This kid is a top15-20 talent and I would bet my Truck on it.

2. Tristian Wirfs is another kid I have watched for multiple years. He has so many tools, that I think people are trying to pigeon hole him into a certain the OG position. What i see is a kid who could be a pro bowl/all pro level performer at multiple positions reminding me of an Eric Steinbach (but bigger and Stronger). In think he is by far one of the safest picks in the draft. Best Case Scenario All Pro LT, worst case scenario Pro Bowl OG.

3. Chinn I had to scout this year, I have only seen him play once, but with his Production, on top of position versitility (played CB as a Soph) and his testing numbers. I feel very strongly about him as a prospect....not like Delpit and Wirfs

4.  This is going to be my biggest conflict with you of this, I feel that Josh Jones will be a better NFL LT than Wills will be. Yes I said it. Wills has fallen to my #4b OT (Thomas, Wirfs, Bekton, Jones-a, Wills-b)

5. Agreed.....

6. Covered in #4....

1.) We'll have to agree to strongly disagree as I don't see Delpit is nowhere close to a top 15 pick. He's a  SS with limited range playmaking skills in pass disruption and defense who also has tackling and recognition issues. He's not a FS that has a fast mental trigger and instincts to take away part of the field. He's a Nickel Defender, High Energy, High Intangibles and Leadership guy who makes highlight plays, blows tackles consistently, and misses assignments in the passing game. That to me is a 3rd or 4th round pick with upside and great intangibles.

2.) Tristan Wirfs on film shows some of the worst footwork and technique of all the top OLine prospects. He has all the tools in the world, but the worry is that his mentality and play disposition may be the ceiling that prevents him from breaking through to the next level. At Guard, those risks become far less meaningful.

3.) Chinn is a great upside prospect but lacks the instincts, physicality, and mental diagnosis skills to be a top safety worth taking in the 1st or 2nd round imo. What he offers you can get in later rounds or through a modest Free Agent signing. The 1st and 2nd round are for Quality Starters and I don't the quality of his starting impact.

4.) I have no doubt that Josh Jones will be a very good Tackle at the next level, but Absolutely not in a Zone scheme. If we ran a gap scheme, he'd be on the list, but as is he has some of the worst lateral agility and hip flexibility in the draft. He also struggles hitting targets in space and working to the second level when he has to move longer distances.

5.) Indeed.

6.) Indeed.

4 hours ago, mtmmike said:

Tyreek when he came out of college was not nearly as finished as Ruggs.

Also Ruggs maybe the best WR ever to come out of Alabama

he isnt better than Jones and Cooper when they were coming out. Still think Jeudy is better than him

Edited by buno67