• Neville Gallimore [ IDL ] Oklahoma
    • Tee Higgins [ WR ] Clemson
    • Terrell Lewis [ EDGE ] Alabama
    • Xavier McKinney [ S ] Alabama
    • Zach Baun [ EDGE ] Wisconsin
    • Other (Please State)
    • [Leave Blank]

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/14/2020 at 06:27 AM

Same rules as before, pick a different player from each poll - or select 'Leave Blank' in polls 2 and 3 if you wish. 3 pts for a 1st poll pick, 2 for 2nd poll and 1 for the 3rd poll. No run-offs. 

2020 FF NFL Consensus Mock Draft V1
1. Cincinnati Bengals - QB Joe Burrow, LSU
2. Washington Redskins -  EDGE Chase Young, Ohio State
3. Detroit Lions - CB Jeff Okudah, Ohio State
4. New York Giants - OT Andrew Thomas, Georgia
5. Miami Dolphins - QB Tua Tagovailoa, Alabama
6. LA Chargers - QB Justin Herbert, Oregon
7. Carolina Panthers - DL Derrick Brown, Auburn
8. Arizona Cardinals - OT Tristan Wirfs, Iowa
9. Jacksonville Jaguars - LB Isaiah Simmons, Clemson
10. Cleveland Browns - OT Jedrick Wills, Alabama
11. New York Jets - WR Jerry Jeudy, Alabama
12. Las Vegas Raiders - WR CeeDee Lamb, Oklahoma
13. Indianapolis Colts - EDGE AJ Espenesa, Iowa
14. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - OT Mekhi Becton, Louisville
15. Denver Broncos - WR, Henry Ruggs III, Alabama
16. Atlanta Falcons - DL, Javon Kinlaw, South Carolina
17. Dallas Cowboys - S, Grant Delpit, LSU 
18. Miami Dolphins - OT, Josh Jones, Houston
19. Las Vegas Raiders - CB, Kristian Fulton, LSU
20. Jacksonville Jaguars - IOL, Tyler Biadasz, Wisconsin
21. Philadelphia Eagles - WR, Tee Higgins, Clemson
22. Buffalo Bills - EDGE, K'Lavon Chaisson, LSU
23. New England Patriots - QB, Jordan Love, Utah State
24. New Orleans Saints - WR, Laviska Shenault, Colarado
25. Minnesota Vikings - OT, Austin Jackson, USC
26. Miami Dolphins - EDGE, Yetur Moss-Gratos, Penn State
27. Seattle Seahawks - EDGE/LB, Josh Uche, Michigan
28. Baltimore Ravens - LB, Kenneth Murray, Oklahoma
29. Tennessee Titans - CB, CJ Henderson, Florida
30. Green Bay Packers - DL, Ross Blacklock, TCU
31. San Francisco 49ers - S, Xavier McKinney, Alabama
32. Kansas City Chiefs - CB, Trevon Diggs, Alabama

2020 FF NFL Consensus Mock Draft V2
1. Cincinnati - Joe Burrow [ QB ] LSU
2. Washington - Chase Young [ EDGE ] Ohio State
3. Detroit - Jeffrey Okudah [ CB ] Ohio State
4. NY Giants - Tristan Wirfs [ OT ] Iowa
5. Miami - Tua Tagovailoa [ QB ] Alabama
6. LA Chargers - Justin Herbert [ QB ] Oregon
7. Carolina - Isaiah Simmons [LB] Clemson
8. Arizona - Jedrick Wills [OT] Alabama
9. Jacksonville - Derrick Brown [IDL] Auburn
10. Cleveland - Andrew Thomas [OT] Georgia
11. NY Jets - Mekhi Becton [OT] Louisville
12. Las Vegas - CeeDee Lamb [WR] Oklahoma
13. San Francisco (From Indianapolis) - Jerry Jeudy [WR] Alabama
14. Tampa Bay - Javon Kinlaw [IDL] South Carolina
15. Denver - Henry Ruggs III [WR] Alabama
16. Atlanta - C.J. Henderson [CB] Florida
17. Dallas - K'Lavon Chaisson [EDGE] LSU
18. Miami (From Pittsburgh) - Josh Jones [ OT ] Houston
19. Las Vegas (From Chicago) - AJ Terrell [ CB ] Clemson
20. Jacksonville (From LA Rams) - AJ Epenesa [ EDGE ] Iowa
21. Philadelphia - Justin Jefferson [ WR ] LSU
22. Minnesota (From Buffalo) - Kristian Fulton [ CB ] LSU
23. New England - Jordan Love [ QB ] Utah State
24. New Orleans - Patrick Queen [ LB ] LSU
25. Minnesota - Yetur Gross-Matos [ EDGE ] Penn State
26. Miami (From Houston) - Cesar Ruiz [ IOL ] Michigan
27. Seattle - Ross Blacklock [ DT ] TCU
28. Baltimore -
29. Tennessee 
30. Green Bay 
31. San Francisco 
32. Kansas City 

I voted 1. Winfield, 2. Baun, 3. Reagor.

I do not like Murray as a prospect. Athletic run and chase linebacker but just doesn’t diagnose well enough to fit as our inside linebacker. We already had similar types last year in Onwuasor, Young (although less talented) and that did not work and they got instantly beat by a Josh Bynes who fit much better. Also, Ravens rotate a lot so that inside linebacker isn’t as much on the field as on other teams.

Thats why I went with Winfield first. Versatile playmaker Wink would love and Winfield would free up a lot on our defense as it would allow either him or Thomas to play different roles. Eventually Winfield could take over for Thomas as the primary free safety.

Zach Baun also fit that versatile type that could be used as first an inside linebacker like Joe Schoebert and also rush the passer. A great move piece on the defense.

Reagor won slightly over Mims, but it could go either way. Ravens need a wide receiver with some speed, and Reagor, Mims and also Pittman jr. Fit the bill

• Like 2

1. I like Mims. Jackson isn't as accurate when guys around running open so getting him a guy who win with physicality could elevate his game to the next level as a passer.

2. Murray was next but they seem to breed Linebackers

3. Cushenberry because Yanda is gone thought there's no replacing Yanda right now.

I think most Ravens fan on here and on Twitter aren't fans of Murray because of some of the questions about his play recognition and his potential to be over-aggressive and taken out of the play, but I expect that he'll win this poll.  He's not quite what we're used to at MLB in Baltimore.

Murray is almost certainly the wrong answer. Based off of everything the team has said and done about constructing a defense, finding a 3-down off-ball LB is NOT a top priority for them. That's not that important for the defense they want to run now. It's a move to make the names look better on a Madden roster, but it's not a smart use of draft capital.

What I see as a Ravens' move with this board is taking Austin Jackson. He's a more valuable asset AND they can use him right away by sliding him in at guard right away, which is the biggest need on the team. We don't have tackle depth behind Stanley and Brown, either, and the team wouldn't want to be a bad spot if they can't resign both down the line when they hit UFA in back to back year.

I voted Marlon Davidson and Zach Baun as my alternates. I really like Winfield Jr as a player, but I don't think they go safety that high given how much they've already invested there. I'm pretty sure we are spending more on our secondary than our entire offense, right now (not counting 3-way player Pat Ricard). 

Edited by wackywabbit
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, CoverZero said:

I voted McKinney, Mims and Baun.

I voted for McKinney for the same reason @Danandvoted for Winfield. Except I have McKinney rated higher with his lack of injury concerns when compared to Winfield. 

I think McKinney could be an option as well, and while he is less of a playmaker, he doesn't have the concerns that Winfield has. I have previously been in opposition to draft McKinney as some guys here, either Ozzy or threadstarter, has mocked McKinney to the Ravens several times, but I guess I have accepted that the need might be there and in that case, Alabama safeties has a great history of translating to the NFL.

3 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Surely we see Murray go now

I implore you all not to pick Murray. Wink has found a ton of success using ILBs as the "pivot" between subpackages and platooning them. Drafting a guy in the first sort of locks them into having that guy on the field every down and reduces some of the flexibility they've thrived on. 

I picked: Baun - McKinney - Winfield 

3 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Do you mean just LBs or every position?

A non-rush should be on the field just about every down to justify a first round pick. D-lineman usually rotate in/out, even the all-pros.

The Ravens gave the green dot last year to Chuck Clark, a SS that we just extended, partially to not have to commit to an ILB who is always on the field. To be fair, we didn't have any ILB close to being worth that much action, but I believe they like the concept beyond fitting to the talent they had last year. They can draft a 2 down linebacker to attack in the run game and go with extra DBs on passign downs.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Do you mean just LBs or every position?

15 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

A non-rush should be on the field just about every down to justify a first round pick. D-lineman usually rotate in/out, even the all-pros.

The Ravens gave the green dot last year to Chuck Clark, a SS that we just extended, partially to not have to commit to an ILB who is always on the field. To be fair, we didn't have any ILB close to being worth that much action, but I believe they like the concept beyond fitting to the talent they had last year. They can draft a 2 down linebacker to attack in the run game and go with extra DBs on passign downs.

WW hit the nail on the head here.

For example, they used the "racecar" dime a fair amount last season (I think they played dime more than base), where they had one DL, four EDGE/OLB, and six DBs. Having a big ticket ILB makes that package a bit less resource efficient.

2 hours ago, sp6488 said:

I implore you all not to pick Murray. Wink has found a ton of success using ILBs as the "pivot" between subpackages and platooning them. Drafting a guy in the first sort of locks them into having that guy on the field every down and reduces some of the flexibility they've thrived on. 

I picked: Baun - McKinney - Winfield 

I think you're right overall but I think the whole idea around 'platooning' was out of necessity not by design. What Wink did particularly last year was show that our defense isn't dependent on great ILB play, though we need them to not completely suck (hence why the steady/unspectacular play from Fort and Bynes stabilized things). 

When it comes to Murray, I don't think we wouldn't take him because we don't want a 3-down ILB - if we could add CJ Mosley back to this defense right now for no cost, we'd do it and be happy to stop worrying about ILB. The issue as I see it just comes down to individual evaluation of Murray (and Queen as well, though not for this poll). Murray isn't what CJ Mosley was coming out of Alabama where we could plug and play him on every snap and trust that he has the combination of polish, intelligence, and athleticism to make it work - Murray has the athleticism in spades but not the other two traits. As @Danand said, Murray's closer to being a supercharged version of Peanut or Kenny Young. Longer term with his skillset maybe we might be able to mold him into a beast but see starting out we probably can't actually trust him to be a 3-down ILB, which is why all of the 'the Ravens still need to replace Mosley so they'll zero in on Murray' takes feel off-base for me. He's probably a rotational/platoon player starting out and more of an off-ball LB which is not really the skillset that is missing from our LB room or was missing from it last year. 

And if we start looking at Murray more as just another guy in the ILB platoon for us playing 25-40% of the snaps, then all of a sudden it's not necessarily a position where you need to spend a 1st round pick to address that. We can probably get Malik Harrison in Round 2 or 3 who could do just as good if not a better job as a platoon strong-side thumper LB and not have to use our most valuable draft pick to get him.