Bobby816

5 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Get to know @JetsFan15

Where do you live?

Where are you from?

Occupation?

Married? Kids?

How did you become a Jets fan?

I live in Poughkeepsie, NY - those from Long Island or NYC area will call it upstate.  I am not upstate ..lol.  I am also from Poughkeepsie lived her my entire life besides the time I was away at school at Binghamton University.  

I own an Insurance agency the past almost 10 years.  I was not in insurance prior.  Worked in many different diverse industries prior included on Wall Street .... think Wolf of Wall Street/Boiler Room movies ... minus the drug use never got into that. 

Divorced/single and have one daughter who is 15 now. 

I picked the Jets myself actually.  My dad was not really a big sports fan and I did not have an older sibling to influence me.  I started watching the NFL when I was 7 or so and well before the NFL ticket.  Only teams that were on TV consistently were Jets and Giants.  This was late 70's so both teams were not great ..lol.  Difference was Jets would throw the ball as Richard Todd was QB and Walker, Lam Jones, Barkum, Shuler were receivers.  They were much more fun to watch.  My dad did take me to a game I believe in 1980 at Shea and that solidified my loyalty.  So I only have myself to blame.  I did convince my best friend to switch from NE to NYJ in the mid 1980s - I know some friend I am.  Anyway, we have had season tickets together since 1990 - started with 2 seats and have had a many as 7 up until last year when we switched sections and went down to 6. 

Edited by JetsFan15
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Dr.O said:

Can anyone really out pizza the Hut?

I would say absolutely.  I did work at the Hut in college delivering though .. they just recently closed the franchise that was left in my town about 6 months ago.  But being a life long NYer nothing is better than real pies made a local shops IMO.  Have a few real good ones in Poughkeespie .... very close the NYC shops I use to visit when I worked in Manhattan.  

I do enjoy the Hut but c'mon we can't put that next to the local shops!!  lol

Edited by JetsFan15

1 minute ago, xenajets said:

Favourite current/past player

Favourite current/past coach

Do you follow any other sports? 

All time favourite movie? 

Death row..what’s your three meals of choice??

Just want to clarify I’m not suggesting for one second @JetsFan15 will end up in death row! 😎

Current has to be Sam and a close second is Adams.  Past player is a bit harder - I would lean to Curtis Martin but guys like Keyshawn, Kelcko, Shuler, Kenny O'B, Toon, Shade Tree Jones, Mo and Bart Scott have close places to my heart. 

Rex and Parcells ... very disappointed when Parcells left coaching and our organization.  Looking back he clearly came to try and deliver a championship for Leon Hess and when Hess died it deflated Bill.  Current coach Williams and Ward.

I follow just about every other sport but not as hardcore with Basketball and Hockey anymore (miss the glory days in the 90s).  Favorite teams are Yankees, Knicks, Rangers, St Johns college hoops, Penn State College Football.  

Movie?  Tough to pick one but Goodfellas, Godfather 1&2  are staples.  Just saw Good Boys and that was hilarious. 

Death Row meals (and it is cool I know your not wishing or suggesting I will be on death row ..lol)

Breakfast:  Eggs Benedict and tomato juice 

Lunch: My grandmother's chicken cutlets, on a sub, with bacon, american cheese, lettuce and mayo (she has been gone for 20+ years so I am hoping that would buy me some time ..lol)

Dinner: Filet Mignon (med rare), grilled asparagus & brussel sprouts with olive oil and minced garlic, mashed potatoes and NY style cheese cake for dessert with a glass of 12 year old Balvenie single malt scotch.  

• Like 1