2021 NFL Draft Question

Carson4MVP

37 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Almost no chance they would use the same draft order.  Imagining the haul we could get for Trevor Lawrence (yes, I'd stick with Burrow) is fun to dream on though.  Get those 4-5 first round picks over two years and maybe a couple 2nds.

Yep. That was my thoughts. Could do a complete rebuild with that haul. 

22 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

I definitely think they would do a draft lottery of some sort. I saw an article about how the NHL had a similar situation, and Sydney Crosby was the top prospect. They gave each team a certain number of balls based on the previous 3 season records. 

Hey the Bengals would still have a pretty good shot then!

1 minute ago, johndeere1707 said:

I think one of the stipulations was if you had the #1 pick previously you got less balls too

That makes sense.  Still, the last 3 years have been bad enough to probably still warrant a top 10 pick.  And i'm cautiously optimistic that they'll be better than that, if they're able to play this year.

4 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

I have serious doubts we are gonna have an NFL season, at least a full one. 

even when the government opens everything back up, there’s gonna be some serious stipulations for awhile till we have a vaccine in place. 

That's over 18 months out.  Can't see everything shut down that long.

10 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

That's over 18 months out.  Can't see everything shut down that long.

The statehouse in Columbus is already getting daily protestors, and it has only been a month.  It's not a lot of people now, but that number is just going to grow the longer this goes on.

9 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

The statehouse in Columbus is already getting daily protestors, and it has only been a month.  It's not a lot of people now, but that number is just going to grow the longer this goes on.

I just can't see things like schools and churches staying closed until there's a vaccine.  And retail stores will all go under if people all get laid off.  The trickle down effect curve is far more frightening than the exponential growth curve if people ignore the quarantine

17 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

I just can't see things like schools and churches staying closed until there's a vaccine.  And retail stores will all go under if people all get laid off.  The trickle down effect curve is far more frightening than the exponential growth curve if people ignore the quarantine

Hospitals aren't doing any elective surgeries either and they are bleeding money because of it.  Those are by far their biggest revenue generators.

I expect the NFL season to start on time. I think MLS and MLB will resume their seasons in late June or July.

My guess is that by late April it's clear we're past the apex. Governments will wait several more weeks to be sure and let things settle down. By the end of May we'll be reopening restaurants and movie theaters. In early June sports teams start training again and we get the end of the NBA and NHL seasons. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sparky151 said:

I expect the NFL season to start on time. I think MLS and MLB will resume their seasons in late June or July.

My guess is that by late April it's clear we're past the apex. Governments will wait several more weeks to be sure and let things settle down. By the end of May we'll be reopening restaurants and movie theaters. In early June sports teams start training again and we get the end of the NBA and NHL seasons. 

It’s just a matter of if the virus mutates and becomes more deadly alas the 1918 Spanish Flu epidemic. By April they thought it was slowing only for it to come back 3-4x more lethal in fall. In 1918, 3% of the world’s population was killed off by the flu. And that’s just the confirmed cases.