2021 NFL Draft Question

Carson4MVP

35 minutes ago, Carson4MVP said:

It’s just a matter of if the virus mutates and becomes more deadly alas the 1918 Spanish Flu epidemic. By April they thought it was slowing only for it to come back 3-4x more lethal in fall. In 1918, 3% of the world’s population was killed off by the flu. And that’s just the confirmed cases. 

That’s if you believe it wasn’t a biological weapon released on America by the Chinese 😱

19 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

That’s if you believe it wasn’t a biological weapon released on America by the Chinese 😱

Nah. I don’t buy 99.9% of conspiracy theories. I believe science. Coronavirus’s come from animals, most are harmless to humans or have very little side effects. 30-40% of the time when you feel like you have a slight cold or head cold, your body is fighting a Coronavirus. 

Yes, flu is seasonal. My granddad was off fighting in France in 1918 and made it home more or less unscathed (he was gassed). But his fiancee in Ohio died from the flu. He met my grandmother about 5 years later. Viruses mutate all the time but most make the virus less deadly. 

12 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

That's over 18 months out.  Can't see everything shut down that long.

Not everything, but non essential things most likely will be either shut down or limited in such a way that it wouldn’t be feasible to continue operations. People are gonna have to continue social distancing and wear masks until they get a hold on this. 

10 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Yes, flu is seasonal. My granddad was off fighting in France in 1918 and made it home more or less unscathed (he was gassed). But his fiancee in Ohio died from the flu. He met my grandmother about 5 years later. Viruses mutate all the time but most make the virus less deadly. 

Well the 1918 “flu” was a Coronavirus. It’s called the Spanish Flu because they didn’t really have research like today. Fun fact, it’s called the Spanish Flu because most of the world was in WW1 at the time. Most countries wouldn’t report their cases thinking it would weaken their outlook in the middle of the war. Spain was neutral during the war and was reporting there’s. Most scientists believe the first cases of it came from rural Kansas.