Rich7sena's Mock Draft (3 rounds, 11 total trades)

Rich7sena

16 minutes ago, ET80 said:

So, I don't think Blacklock fits what the Texans do on defense - the Texans need a plugger run defender at NT, and Blacklock seems like he's a penetrating 3-tech.

Given how the board has played out, Denzel Mims or Trevon Diggs makes more sense.

I thought that too. But it's far too late to change my entire mock lol.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

New England Patriots select Jalen Hurts, QB, Oklahoma

• This is a hunch, but I suspect Josh McDaniels still isn't sold that he made a mistake in drafting Tim Tebow during his time in Denver. I could envision the Patriots going all-in on a run-based offense to pair with Bill's stifling defense.

I absolutely hate this pick.

However you might be right. BB doesn't care where people have the player slotted. If he wants Hurts he will take him at 23.  Also I hate Hurts at 23 that means your are probably right :D

Great job on the draft

6 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Not sure i'd take that trade at 33 if i'm the Bengals.  The 3rd next year probably puts that over the top, except I don't think the Bengals would pass on Epenesa and/or Mims.  Then at 47, I don't think they'd pass on Higgins for another 5th rd pick.  Bryant is a terrible pick in rd 3.

1. Joe Burrow
33. AJ Epenesa
65. Willie Gay

or

1. Joe Burrow
47. Tee Higgins
65. Willie Gay

I'll go

1.  Burrow

2.  Mims

3.  Gay

I'm also not a fan of trading back that much in the second.  And honestly, I'm not a fan of going TE in the third.

Edited by INbengalfan

I honestly like the trades we made and the moves and positions we picked.   I personally think we go with the same positions but different players at the exact spot you took them.

Keep all the trades and based on team needs and best fits it would go something like this for me

1st - 20 - Chaisson - SLB  - I feel he is much more of that edge rushing pressence we need at SLb/Leo than Murray is.  Murray and Queen would be backup choices but i think Chaisson is the 1st guy of that LB group just based on what we do with it.

2nd - Gladney - CB - No problem with this pick as Gladney is a really good CB and probably my #3 CB in this draft behind  Okudah and Jaylon Johnson.  I have him and Johnson close so won't complain with either of them. 

3rd - Justin Maduibuike - DT -  I have him as a early 2nd round guy and im no where near a fan of Davis as i use to be that man has fallen off a cliff and i have soured on him a bit.

So as said i love the trades and the positions you picked exactly where they were picked i would just go with better players who i feel are better fits for what we do and or better players overall.

Now on that note if your group is somehow what we came away with on draft day i wouldn't hate it and give it a solid B to B+ and think we did well but could have been a little better.

I don't think the Steelers are going to take the QBOTF in the 2nd round. I think they wait until at least next year to address it. They really liked Mason Rudolph and I don't think he showed them enough to disprove that. If the Steelers pass on Grant Delpit for a 2nd round QB it would be a disaster. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I don't think the Steelers are going to take the QBOTF in the 2nd round. I think they wait until at least next year to address it. They really liked Mason Rudolph and I don't think he showed them enough to disprove that. If the Steelers pass on Grant Delpit for a 2nd round QB it would be a disaster. 

Agreed, I will absolutely shocked if we take a QB at 49. Delpit, Chinn, Cushenberry, Niang, Dobbins, and CEH are all much more likely.

I do like the Zack Moss pick at #102 if we don’t go RB in the 2nd.

Good work on this draft

• Like 1

Pretty terrible for the Titans tbh. Titans couldn’t make it to the SB because they couldn’t stop Mahomes so you have them taking 3 offensive players with their first 3 picks. Not to mention all 3, will be on the bench. Titans just resigned Dennis Kelly to 3 yr deal who has played well at RT when he’s had the opportunity. He might not be the long term answer but he’s this years answer and the GM has said he loves Kelly and thinks he can be an everyday starter. I could see an OT drafted later but definitely not that high. Gladney needs to be the pick. One of the top CBs in the draft and fills a huge need. I’m not against the RB in the 2nd but I feel Marlon Davidson would just be too good to pass up. Guys like him are who a coach like Vrabel falls in love with. Scheme versatile and great effort. In the 3rd, they can go a number of directions. Probably a great spot for offense with RB, WR, or even OL.

22 hours ago, m haynes said:

I absolutely hate this pick.

However you might be right. BB doesn't care where people have the player slotted. If he wants Hurts he will take him at 23.  Also I hate Hurts at 23 that means your are probably right :D

Great job on the draft

And rightfully so, Hurts at 23 is the terrible pick, Bill could easily trade back to the 2nd (or trade up in the 3rd if he's so inclined) and still get Hurts.

• Like 1