• Albert Okwuegbunam, TE, Missouri
    • Cameron Dantzler, CB, Miss St
    • Robert Hunt, G, Louisiana
    • Matt Peart, OT, Connecticut
    • Tyler Johnson, WR, Minnesota
    • KJ Hamler, WR, Penn State
    • Malik Harrison, LB, Ohio State
    • Other (please specify)

It’s Hamler for me. I know I’ve said my piece about him being redundant with Sims, but he’s extremely gifted at getting open. 

Claypool just...isn’t. I’m not saying he’s a bad pick, but I wouldn’t have him over Hamler. He doesn’t separate particularly well, and I think he ran a pretty limited route tree. You have to love the physical tools, and he does have the profile that would really complement McLaurin and Sims better than Hamler. And he’d certainly help give us a physical blocking presence on the perimeter, especially if you had both he and Harmon on the field at once.

But I think he’s a guy you’re going to have to scheme open for the most part, he’s not nearly at the level of route running where he can consistently beat pro corners. His size and strength do put him in a position to get quality releases when he’s singled up in press man, so that gives him an advantage — but for the most part he needs to win quickly or he’s probably not going to win.

I’d also have Bryan Edwards in the mix with those two. He can really play too. 

Edited by e16bball

8 hours ago, daboyle250 said:

Went with Chase Claypool. We could use a big guy at WR.

Although I think TE is just as important, so it could've gone either way

Getting Claypool with his size will at least help with the TE shortage.  I've always said we have smurfs at WR for years, and it would be nice to get a big, 6-4 target at wide receiver for some matchup problems in the red zone.

I watched this guy carve up Navy last year, as well as put in a great effort against Georgia.  He's going to be a good player.  If he is available, take him and don't look back.  50/50 balls to him and McLaurin are going to be super hard to defense with his size and McLaurin's speed.  

Okay a few years ago we did this and I picked Dickson over Thomas and I wanted Thomas because I thought he’d be better. So Albert O might be the flash pick but I think Troutman is that dude

thats also because I don’t believe Claypool or Pittman JR are there

Edited by ripsean21

E brings up good points, route running and the ability to get separation is usually more important than size. 

I picked Claypool though bc I feel he can play WR and move TE. He does need to improve his route running though but his physical ability is amazing.

Edited by turtle28

4 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Okay a few years ago we did this and I picked Dickson over Thomas and I wanted Thomas because I thought he’d be better. So Albert O might be the flash pick but I think Troutman is that dude

thats also because I don’t believe Claypool or Pittman JR are there

In this scenario, one is. 

Can someone explain the love for Trautman?  Not just for this pick, but in general.  I am usually very much against spending anything above a fifth round pick for FCS players because of the level of competition they face as far as talent level is clearly not on par with the FBS.  It's football, yes, but it's hard enough trying to project how someone from even a big FBS program will do when playing against NFL talent, it's even more of a dice roll projecting how an FCS player is going to do.  

7 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Can someone explain the love for Trautman?  Not just for this pick, but in general.  I am usually very much against spending anything above a fifth round pick for FCS players because of the level of competition they face as far as talent level is clearly not on par with the FBS.  It's football, yes, but it's hard enough trying to project how someone from even a big FBS program will do when playing against NFL talent, it's even more of a dice roll projecting how an FCS player is going to do.  

Yeah I’m higher on other TEs than him too. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

He’s my small school find that just seemed to get national rec going into the senior bowl week. Trust me there are other players worthy of this pick and I love Johnson, Harrison, Claypool I just went with the player I value because when I watched him I was just like he goes to the Pats with Brady and Belichick and in two years he’s the best in the league. 

he can catch run pass he can block very well. Just a player I fell in love with early for me. I didn’t actually know he was getting this kind of love I just happen to have a buddy there that let me know about him before last year started and he never disappointed!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

He’s my small school find that just seemed to get national rec going into the senior bowl week. Trust me there are other players worthy of this pick and I love Johnson, Harrison, Claypool I just went with the player I value because when I watched him I was just like he goes to the Pats with Brady and Belichick and in two years he’s the best in the league. 

he can catch run pass he can block very well. Just a player I fell in love with early for me. I didn’t actually know he was getting this kind of love I just happen to have a buddy there that let me know about him before last year started and he never disappointed!!!

Just another one of those Ohio boys... haha 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Just another one of those Ohio boys... haha 

I have friends in the mid west that give me names of freshman in smaller schools they send my video of because they really enjoy traveling to football games out that way. I go out with them to games and it helps me scout during the year. Because I can always rewatch big games. But if I scout guys like Moreland and Troutman those guys I like to lay eyes on and go for a drive. Certain positions I can’t scout during the year because I’m better when I can cross compare movement skills with DB’s and edge guys. But small school guys you only really have the season because getting whole games for these teams is hard

• Like 1

3 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Watching Tape he came of as Dominant as someone should if getting drafted from that level of competition.You see improvement watching the tape in all areas from route running to blocking.
The competition part I became ok with after reading up on senior bowl and seeing things like this
"Trautman showed up at the Senior Bowl and showed off very, very good athleticism in space. He was a feisty and technical blocker that blew guys off the ball all week. Then, he skied up for numerous contested catches, and perhaps the most surprising thing was the adeptness for route running that he displayed. Trautman was a complete tight end this week and gained a lot of money by showing it off. "

So wasn't out of his league when talent got better.Think I fell in love seeing what he could become,He went into college having never caught a pass since he played HS QB and improved every year there and is still refining things about his game,With the right Coaching I could see him being a top 5 TE some point,But I'll admit he not polished and could bust too.

• Like 2