Colts add new logo

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, TwoUpTwoDown said:

Despite some of the changes being considered ugly at the moment by some, including myself, I think it's awesome teams are trying to modernize their image before it gets stale.

I agree, some teams are overdue a good redesign or at least a tweak. I´m surprised the Eagles haven´t changed anything (other than the recent change in green shade recently) in more than 20 years. 

2 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I agree, some teams are overdue a good redesign or at least a tweak. I´m surprised the Eagles haven´t changed anything (other than the recent change in green shade recently) in more than 20 years. 

If the helmet rule gets overturned I hope they revisit the branding on top of the Kelly green throwback next year.
Like just updating the font to something better, adding silver back in as a main color and removing charcoal entirely.
If we have Silver back it also would add some consistency with the throwbacks (unless they do the 1960s ones again)

I think there is room for improvement with the helmet wings too.

• Like 1

As a secondary logo, I love it. 

Overall, love what the Colts did with the subtle uniform changes. Word and number font look way better. Far more in line with the theme of the team. 

Nike has thus far done a great job maintaining simplicity with subtle modern updates with the Bucs and Colts. 

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

I think Kid is wrong, but over complication of a logo is more of an amateurish thing typically.
Usually brought on by the company or owner and not so much the design team. "We want this....and this....ooooo what about this?!?"
The state outline idea is also a bit overplayed at this point too.

The logo is a bit bogged down with elements. When you separate them they are both cleaner logos.

2NUfax4.png

For non-fans though, it'll rarely be seen. As a secondary logo it'll be ok yeah. 

Everything else besides the random black I like

Take the holes out, and the third one is the best.

Laughably overcomplicated. As stated in the thread., it's obvious the Colts asked for too much and the designer had to go along with it. 

No big deal if it remains a secondary logo. But the danger is letting people into the room who have no business making decisions like this. If they reach higher positions they'll mangle more important matters. 

Among the teams that should never touch their logo the Colts are near the absolute top of the list.

Otherwise the uniforms are fine

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

The state outline idea is also a bit overplayed at this point too.

yeah, kinda like the Rams put too much emphasis on the LA in their logo.
I guess the teams that re-located don't have a clear identity yet, so they felt the need to hit you over the head with it.
But I'm not sure how an outline of The Basketball State cements your football image

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Good god that is hideous. I didn't think they could make their logo any uglier.

I'm so glad when the Titans changed their uniforms, they only did that tiny corner change on the numbers to reflect the state, nothing ridiculous like what we are seeing here or the "ATL" for the Falcons jerseys. Sheesh.

I don't get why people hate ATL on the Falcons jerseys. It's literally what the city itself has gone by for probably 30 years now.