Your Bills Big Board

Trentwannabe

1. Trevon Diggs CB Alabama, I think he may be one of those fringe players in the 1st rd that falls and this would be a solid pick up as not only will it make Stefon happy but it will also solidify the bills #2 corner for years to come and will allow them to resign Tre long term and will balance out the finances by having Diggs on a rookie pay scale.

2. Kyle Dugger S Lenoir-Rhyme, he is a perfect compliment to be in the Nickel package in which he can step in and play the extra DB or move up to LB and possibly rush the passer in blitz packages.

3. Cam Akers RB FSU, he is a home run type guy with a weak oline and piss poor coaching the last 2 years he still managed to have a strong season this year and I think it will be a great addition to Singletary

4. Michael Pittman Jr Wr USC, this will add depth at WR and long term answer. Think he is one of the most polished WR in the draft doesnt have a high ceiling but can contribute and be the #2 wr of the future

5. Jaylon Johnson CB Utah, like Diggs this would be the answer to the #2 Corner long term. 

My expectations are the bills will be extending Tre and the finances will not be there to be able to extend Levi to stay at the #2 corner spot. So Levi, Norman, and Gaines will all be free agents in 2021 season so I think a high draft pick on a corner that can come in and compete but not have to start right away this year will help out the solid core that is in the backfield. 

19 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

@soflbillsfan do you think Akers could be there at 86? 

Possibly depends on how many rbs go in the 1st rd, if Swift and or Taylor go in the 1st that puts akers, ceh and dobbins as the argued top 3 rbs remaining on the board, if you feel that Akers is above the other 2 then you have to take him earlier then 86. 

He is ranked overall at the 50-60 player range in the draft but scouts and organizations rank players differently then the media and need comes in to play as well. So how many teams need a Rb that can use one early on in the draft? 

I get a lot of SEC and ACC where I live so I know people in the Buffalo area watch a lot of Big 10 and they like Dobbins and Taylor more then Swift Akers and CEH. Akers just had a garbage offense to deal with and I think he is an overall rounded back and could easily be similar to what Dalvin Cook has done as they both went to FSU and were constantly compared to. I am a big fan of Taylor but not really high on Dobbins. My ranking of the 5 are taylor, akers, swift, dobbins and CEH but thats my opinion so I am sure people will think Dobbins is higher. I think Akers has more upside and less wear and tear then guys like Dobbins and Taylor. That hasnt stopped Beane before as Singletary had a bunch of touches in college. 

4 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Possibly depends on how many rbs go in the 1st rd, if Swift and or Taylor go in the 1st that puts akers, ceh and dobbins as the argued top 3 rbs remaining on the board, if you feel that Akers is above the other 2 then you have to take him earlier then 86. 

I think we see no RB's go round 1. I don't really have anything to base that off of but just a feeling.

I think I like CEH the second most because of his pass catching ability. 

14 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

I think we see no RB's go round 1. I don't really have anything to base that off of but just a feeling.

I think I like CEH the second most because of his pass catching ability. 

Akers has that as well but CEH has been showing that all year long with a capable qb. 

I have a feeling someone will be a surprise draft pick, the Dolphins may have paid Howard but they need a reliable #1 and with 3 1st rd draft picks they may take a  swing at one of them. You know Chan Gailey he loves his RBs. Another team could be Ravens they are a run heavy team and gus edwards isnt  a lock. KC is another one I could see them spending a pick on at 32. Early 2nd rd would again be dolphins if they do not draft one in the 1st, lions, tampa could be an option, jax could be an option as well as Fournette is going in to his last year, rams and eagles. Those are the teams I would assume can go RB before the bills pick in the 2nd rd. If some how only 1 gets drafted before the bills are on the clock then I would like to wait but I just dont see CEH nor Akers falling to the bills 3rd rd pick they would have to move up to get him.

Another option is to not draft a rb if one doesnt fall in the 3rd rd to you and take one of the many remaining fa rbs out there Freeman, Hyde, thompson (weapon on the receiving side), miller. Im sure you can get one of them on a 1 year deal around 2 mil.

Really want a DB in round 2 if we can get someone of legit starter potential as a rookie. I'm good with either safety or cornerback, but think the greatest need is across from Tre at this time. Honestly, it never crossed my mind that Diggs could fall to the 2nd, at least to #86 (oops, 54). Beane has shown he'd move up if the value was there, so I guess that's a possibility though. Dugger seems like the more realistic option at 86 (again, s/b 54) IMHO and I'd be very happy with that selection. I would be equally happy with Jaylon Johnson (actually I prefer him to Dugger), and I think Johnson fits our backfield perfectly. Also, he's again a realistic option at #86 (S/b 54..I got confused by the convo above). Some sort of edge rusher would be my next highest priority, but I'm not sold on Weaver playing that role. In fact, I think he really won't be a long-term starter on a 4-3 D at this level. Some teams might be able to use him, but I think he would be somewhat quickly upgraded to someone who would be better adept at solo tackling. Maybe a better fit in a 3-4 at this time, where his good change of direction would better get him into position to gang tackle. I prefer Greenard's ability to rush the QB. Greenard is also solid vs. the run and can set an edge, which I'm more and more convinced McDermott values. Pittman would be a terrific addition to our WR corps. Especially since we will have an abbreviated off-season to practice, his route running skills will help acclimate him sooner. As for the RB position, I realize that Singletary is not exactly a burner, but given how we have so much speed at the WR position to stretch the field, I think his burst is sufficient enough. Because of this I think we might want someone who is more of a hammer...kind of like what I think McDermott envisioned that Gore would be last season. I think someone like Dobbins fits this style. I think Akers is a little too similar to Singletary to provide a true compliment in the backfield. My $0.02.

Edited by Yibbyl

1 hour ago, Yibbyl said:

Really want a DB in round 2 if we can get someone of legit starter potential as a rookie. I'm good with either safety or cornerback, but think the greatest need is across from Tre at this time. Honestly, it never crossed my mind that Diggs could fall to the 2nd, at least to #86. Beane has shown he'd move up if the value was there, so I guess that's a possibility though. Dugger seems like the more realistic option at 86 IMHO and I'd be very happy with that selection. I would be equally happy with Jaylon Johnson (actually I prefer him to Dugger), and I think Johnson fits our backfield perfectly. Also, he's again a realistic option at #86. Some sort of edge rusher would be my next highest priority, but I'm not sold on Weaver playing that role. In fact, I think he really won't be a long-term starter on a 4-3 D at this level. Some teams might be able to use him, but I think he would be somewhat quickly upgraded to someone who would be better adept at solo tackling. Maybe a better fit in a 3-4 at this time, where his good change of direction would better get him into position to gang tackle. I prefer Greenard's ability to rush the QB. Greenard is also solid vs. the run and can set an edge, which I'm more and more convinced McDermott values. Pittman would be a terrific addition to our WR corps. Especially since we will have an abbreviated off-season to practice, his route running skills will help acclimate him sooner. As for the RB position, I realize that Singletary is not exactly a burner, but given how we have so much speed at the WR position to stretch the field, I think his burst is sufficient enough. Because of this I think we might want someone who is more of a hammer...kind of like what I think McDermott envisioned that Gore would be last season. I think someone like Dobbins fits this style. I think Akers is a little too similar to Singletary to provide a true compliment in the backfield. My $0.02.

Bills 2nd rd is pick 54 their 3rd rd pick is 86. 

1 hour ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I dont see any RB going in Round 1

My BB

1. Trevon Diggs

2. Johnathon Taylor 

3. Kyle Dugger

4. Curtis Weaver

5.  Julian Okwara 

Adding Trevon Diggs make a lot of sense

I dont know a lot of media are hyping up taylor dobbins and swift going in the late 1st rd. Dobbins said today he has spoken with 7 teams (1 including the bills) the others saints, packers, chiefs, dolphins, lions and texans. Dolphins have 3 picks and could use the mid 20s pick they have on him after securing a qb, and olineman with the other 2 they have. I also heard that ravens, rams, and indy are interested in a RB.

@soflbillsfan I saw a comment from Daniel Jeremiah that Said you could find guys off that street that would be just as good OL then what Akers had. Made me laugh and think of your comments.

@Yibbyl I really want a burner at RB but that’s just because I remember how fun it was to watch Spiller those handful of times. I could see us going for a hammer. A real goal line threat. Beane did say this offense needs to score more but obviously didn’t specify if that was 60+ yard runs or 1 yard runs. 

Good thing about this years draft it is deep in talent at elite positions I follow collage football more than the NFL except for the Buffalo Bills obviously but I don't know specific details like you guys do and I don't know who the Bills have looked at or interviewed but my realistic top 5 that I would like the Bills to get are as followed

1. Power RB either one of Swift, Dobbins, Taylor and the kid from LSU CEH 

2. WR- Claypool is who I want for jump balls in the end zone for fades in the corner of the end zone I know I'm a huge Irish fan but I really think this kid will be a good WR in the NFL he has great hands and size for the position

3. Jake Fromm QB we really don't need a QB with Allen but I think Fromm is a very good option in case Josh gets hurt or I hate to say it but his career ends early due to injuries Fromm is not the sexy QB in this years draft but I've watched him he didn't have a ton of talent in WR's or TE's and his numbers are not off the charts but this kid wins and just finds a way to deliver in the clutch I'm not saying he is anywhere near Tom Brady but he gives me that feel with his hate to lose attitude plus I think he will fall to at least the 4th round if he could sit and learn from film and coaches he'll have a chance at success in the NFL

4. I don't know who or what he ranks on the Buffalo Bills board but I'd love them to address the DE position it could be any round just as long as he is the top option on their board we are old at this position and some youth for the future would be a great move

5. Again I'm not sure of the options that will be there but another position I'd like to address is OT could be right or left depending on how much Beane values Dawkins I'd rather keep Dawkins if reasonable and take a gamble with a mid round pick on a RT you just never know I mean look at Peters he was a TE who we turned into a pro bowl T if they have a guy high on their board I wouldn't mind taking a shot

These are the options and positions I'd love the Buffalo Bills to address they are not round specific just who we have highest on our board we select I've said this before but this regime I trust and any pick they take I'd fully support because the Front Office and Coaches have turned our atmosphere into a winning one

• Like 1

On 4/16/2020 at 8:06 PM, Buffalo Fan said:

Good thing about this years draft it is deep in talent at elite positions I follow collage football more than the NFL except for the Buffalo Bills obviously but I don't know specific details like you guys do and I don't know who the Bills have looked at or interviewed but my realistic top 5 that I would like the Bills to get are as followed

1. Power RB either one of Swift, Dobbins, Taylor and the kid from LSU CEH 

2. WR- Claypool is who I want for jump balls in the end zone for fades in the corner of the end zone I know I'm a huge Irish fan but I really think this kid will be a good WR in the NFL he has great hands and size for the position

3. Jake Fromm QB we really don't need a QB with Allen but I think Fromm is a very good option in case Josh gets hurt or I hate to say it but his career ends early due to injuries Fromm is not the sexy QB in this years draft but I've watched him he didn't have a ton of talent in WR's or TE's and his numbers are not off the charts but this kid wins and just finds a way to deliver in the clutch I'm not saying he is anywhere near Tom Brady but he gives me that feel with his hate to lose attitude plus I think he will fall to at least the 4th round if he could sit and learn from film and coaches he'll have a chance at success in the NFL

4. I don't know who or what he ranks on the Buffalo Bills board but I'd love them to address the DE position it could be any round just as long as he is the top option on their board we are old at this position and some youth for the future would be a great move

5. Again I'm not sure of the options that will be there but another position I'd like to address is OT could be right or left depending on how much Beane values Dawkins I'd rather keep Dawkins if reasonable and take a gamble with a mid round pick on a RT you just never know I mean look at Peters he was a TE who we turned into a pro bowl T if they have a guy high on their board I wouldn't mind taking a shot

These are the options and positions I'd love the Buffalo Bills to address they are not round specific just who we have highest on our board we select I've said this before but this regime I trust and any pick they take I'd fully support because the Front Office and Coaches have turned our atmosphere into a winning one

I don't disagree with any positions you listed. Though taking a QB in the 4th would basically guarantee him a roster spot which would then pose the issues of whether we keep 3 or have a rookie as Allens backup.

On 4/16/2020 at 7:57 PM, Trentwannabe said:

@soflbillsfan I saw a comment from Daniel Jeremiah that Said you could find guys off that street that would be just as good OL then what Akers had. Made me laugh and think of your comments.

@Yibbyl I really want a burner at RB but that’s just because I remember how fun it was to watch Spiller those handful of times. I could see us going for a hammer. A real goal line threat. Beane did say this offense needs to score more but obviously didn’t specify if that was 60+ yard runs or 1 yard runs. 

yea it was bad and he clearly outperformed then what people expected. Its not only the oline, it was also the coaching it wasnt beneficial for him, with the right coach he could have had more yards.