Transfers & Rumors: Deadline Drama!

LeeEvans

2 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Sarri to Juve, so surely Lampard to Chelsea.

After losing Hazard that Chelsea job is a re-building job for sure. I would say good luck, Frank, but that would be a rather significant lie.

That club make no sense to me. Swear to god, any club with that much instability in the manager position would struggle. Then you have Chelsea winning trophies left and right. Next year will be a test of how much Hazard being there covered up their weaknesses.

Sarri got a crap deal in my opinion. He would've been a great to rebuild that club. At least Lampard has 1-2 seasons to settle. I don't think he's ready but he did do well with Derby.

32 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

That club make no sense to me. Swear to god, any club with that much instability in the manager position would struggle. Then you have Chelsea winning trophies left and right. Next year will be a test of how much Hazard being there covered up their weaknesses.

Sarri got a crap deal in my opinion. He would've been a great to rebuild that club. At least Lampard has 1-2 seasons to settle. I don't think he's ready but he did do well with Derby.

Chelsea are now in a not too dissimilar situation to United. Fan favourite, club legend in charge of a team that is in need of a rebuild. How long with the fans of each team stick with the Manager?

The main difference is the Champions League football Chelsea can offer, but with an upcoming transfer ban at some point, I do worry about their ability to get even close to City or Liverpool.

On 14/06/2019 at 4:20 PM, Canadian Saint said:

Yep. Agree with this.

Hiring Lampard after one year with this mess of a club is a disaster. Let’s see how he does next year. The Championship is really competitive and the challengers change from year to year.

Sarri was steering us in the right direction with his style. Board failed again, not enough assurances and backing. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/06/16/paul-pogba-says-ready-quit-manchester-united-new-challenge/

Paul Pogba - “After this season, and after everything that happened this season, with my season being my best season as well... I think for me it could be a good time to have a new challenge somewhere else. I am thinking of this  to have a new challenge somewhere else.”

All noise from the club since the statement insinuates he's not going anywhere and OGS wants to build around him. Given he's only got 2 years left on his contract, I think it would be a ridiculous decision for us to keep him if we get an offer in excess of £130m. His output from last year is definitely replaceable and then some for that amount of money. Hopefully he moves to Real Madrid so he knows what it's really like to have fans get on his back.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/marcus-rashford-pressures-man-utd-16525151

Marcus Rashford is holding out for a staggering £300,000 new wage deal at Manchester United .

And that has put United’s money-men in a spin with the club desperate to tie down Rashford - as the prospect of losing both Paul Pogba and David de Gea looms large.

That article is from the very reliable Steve Bates. Needless to say, that Alexis Sanchez contract is going to go down as maybe the worst deal in the club's history. It has completely ruined the club's (already poor) wage structure, with bang average players earning ludicrous contracts.

Big, big issues at United right now.

Edited by lomaxgrUK

Pogba is a fool. If I were a United fan, I'd be praying that they can offload him. United should bite the bullet and let those players leave tbh. Rashford is a great young talent, but 300k is hilarious. I'd feel sick paying him 100k. De Gea should probably move on too. He seems desperate for that massive pay day.

United need to clear the books of their atrocious contracts. Sanchez is obviously in a league of their own. But, paying players like Lingard that much just compounds the problem.

5 hours ago, kempus said:

Pogba is a fool. If I were a United fan, I'd be praying that they can offload him. United should bite the bullet and let those players leave tbh. Rashford is a great young talent, but 300k is hilarious. I'd feel sick paying him 100k. De Gea should probably move on too. He seems desperate for that massive pay day.

United need to clear the books of their atrocious contracts. Sanchez is obviously in a league of their own. But, paying players like Lingard that much just compounds the problem.

Trust me Pogba leaving would be uniteds loss. He deserves better. 

On 6/16/2019 at 6:01 AM, Kip Smithers said:

Yep. Agree with this.

Hiring Lampard after one year with this mess of a club is a disaster. Let’s see how he does next year. The Championship is really competitive and the challengers change from year to year.

Sarri was steering us in the right direction with his style. Board failed again, not enough assurances and backing. 

On the plus side, songs likening Frank Lampard to the whale that made its way into the Channel about 10 years ago are green again, as surely Fat Frank will put on some stress weight on the job.

9 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/06/16/paul-pogba-says-ready-quit-manchester-united-new-challenge/

All noise from the club since the statement insinuates he's not going anywhere and OGS wants to build around him. Given he's only got 2 years left on his contract, I think it would be a ridiculous decision for us to keep him if we get an offer in excess of £130m. His output from last year is definitely replaceable and then some for that amount of money. Hopefully he moves to Real Madrid so he knows what it's really like to have fans get on his back.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/marcus-rashford-pressures-man-utd-16525151

That article is from the very reliable Steve Bates. Needless to say, that Alexis Sanchez contract is going to go down as maybe the worst deal in the club's history. It has completely ruined the club's (already poor) wage structure, with bang average players earning ludicrous contracts.

Big, big issues at United right now.

That deal likely goes down as at least Top 5 worst in PL history because it, and its immediate knock-on effects, hung massive albatrosses around the necks of to big clubs, as it saddled Arsenal with paying 150k+ to Mkhitaryan AND made Gadzidis (and Wenger) feel better/justified(?) in giving Ozil 300k/wk.  The biggest winners in the Alexis Sanchez sweepstakes turned out to be City, ironically, for not signing him.

2 hours ago, kempus said:

I disagree. He's an over entitled brat who has done next to nothing in the time he's been at United.

To be fair, neither affirmation is mutually-exclusive.  Unless you're real quarrel is with him "deserving better."  Pogba leaving (taking his sheer talent/potential alone into account... granted, it's when the entire side is built around him, with his quirks and stubbornness/ego/whatever-you-want-to-call-it accounted for) would be a loss for United.  And Pogba is an over-entitled brat who's done next to nothing in the time he's been at United.  It's not my intention to bring this back to Arsenal, but I do see a lot of parallels in current scenarios with Pogba and Ozil - other than the fact that Ozil appears completely content to sit around and wait to see if Emery gets binned and a new manager coming in decides he wants to use Ozil the way Ozil wants to be used.

9 minutes ago, The LBC said:

To be fair, neither affirmation is mutually-exclusive.  Unless you're real quarrel is with him "deserving better."  Pogba leaving (taking his sheer talent/potential alone into account... granted, it's when the entire side is built around him, with his quirks and stubbornness/ego/whatever-you-want-to-call-it accounted for) would be a loss for United.  And Pogba is an over-entitled brat who's done next to nothing in the time he's been at United.  It's not my intention to bring this back to Arsenal, but I do see a lot of parallels in current scenarios with Pogba and Ozil - other than the fact that Ozil appears completely content to sit around and wait to see if Emery gets binned and a new manager coming in decides he wants to use Ozil the way Ozil wants to be used.

Honestly, with the money they will recoup from selling him, his on field production shouldn't be that hard to replace. (This is making the assumption that United get their act together when scouting and buying players). His heart isn't there imo and his production mirrors that. I wouldn't call him world class or that close to it tbh.

• Like 1

The circumstances required for Pogba to play at his best are extremely difficult to replicate. For France, he's playing on a team that was significantly more talented than anyone they played, imo. He's given a free role to do as he wishes becuase he has the best CDM and another elite CDM to back him up. He also has M'bappe, Griezmann etc to open up acres of space. Not to mention that International football is played differently from club football. At Madrid, he may be a success because similar to with France, they out-team almost everyone they play. When the going gets tough. Pogba is nowhere to be seen.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kempus said:

I disagree. He's an over entitled brat who has done next to nothing in the time he's been at United.

The British media perception of Pogba seems to have rubbed off on fans by this comment. How the heck is he entitled?

He can’t carry this united team, that’s not an indictment against him. It’s a reflection of the trash around him.He was by far their best player last year, yet he still gets stic for it

26 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

He can’t carry this united team, that’s not an indictment against him. It’s a reflection of the trash around him.He was by far their best player last year, yet he still gets stic for it

You're ignoring the fact that he has also been trash for almost his entire stay at United. He had a good 12 game stretch whist the team were playing lights out. Then he fell off to doing nothing again. If you're that good, you carry your team. See Bales last season at Spurs and Hazard this season, as examples. Pogba is nowhere near either of those guys.

• Like 1