Transfers & Rumors: Deadline Drama!

LeeEvans

4 minutes ago, texans_uk said:
blinkered
ˈblɪŋkəd/
adjective
  1. (of a horse) wearing blinkers.
    "Aboyeur's blinkered head showed in front soon after the start"
    • having or showing a narrow or limited outlook.
      "a blinkered attitude"
blink·ered
ˈbliNGkərd/
adjective

1. (of a horse) wearing blinders.
    • having or showing a limited outlook.
      "a small-minded, blinkered approach"
      synonyms:

narrow-minded, inward-looking, parochial, provincial, insular, small-minded, close-minded, shortsighted; More

Blinders> Blinkered

1 hour ago, teamorange said:

BTW did you copy and past your definition from google? Cause if you did, they change the definition based on our areas

That is pretty cool. I've definitely only ever heard the term blinders. I would have assumed we had gotten that from the English, weird that is our own term. 

2 hours ago, dotmotion said:

0 chance Sterling will go to Arsenal. He left Liverpool because he wanted to win the Premier League. I would be shocked if he ends up at Arsenal

He left Liverpool cuz he wanted to be the next big megastar, but I don't think he's really a great fit with Pep, especially if they add Alexis. This would be a short-term move to get his career shooting back towards superstardom.

27 minutes ago, rcon14 said:

fwiw, the more advanced metrics don't hate the idea of Ox as a midfielder...

https://twitter.com/mixedknuts/status/850334502446673921

https://twitter.com/mixedknuts/status/902433664503566336

If he wants to play in midfield then his best bet is to stay at Arsenal lol. If he goes Liverpool he isn't starting ahead of Can, Henderson, Keita etc. So what he does he want ? What I don't like is that with this it's gonna force us to go all desperate for Drinkwater because of this dang home grown quota 

Just now, Kip Smithers said:

If he wants to play in midfield then his best bet is to stay at Arsenal lol. If he goes Liverpool he isn't starting ahead of Can, Henderson, Keita etc. So what he does he want ? What I don't like is that with this it's gonna force us to go all desperate for Drinkwater because of this dang home grown quota 

Well Keita isn't coming until next year. And I'd start him ahead of Henderson and Can both. I'm also a big fan of Ox, so take that for what it's worth. Arsenal has shown no inclination to play him centrally despite having every chance to do so. If he knows Liverpool will give him that chance, then I don't blame him one bit for wanting the move.

1 minute ago, rcon14 said:

Well Keita isn't coming until next year. And I'd start him ahead of Henderson and Can both. I'm also a big fan of Ox, so take that for what it's worth. Arsenal has shown no inclination to play him centrally despite having every chance to do so. If he knows Liverpool will give him that chance, then I don't blame him one bit for wanting the move.

He isn't better than Can right now. No way he gets ahead of him. Henderson is their Captain. They also got Wijnaldum and they can also put Lallana there. Keita is joining them next year, not 5 years from now. If Ox wants to play in midfield then he better stay at Arsenal and then wait for the summer as a free agent.