Transfers & Rumors: Deadline Drama!

LeeEvans

9 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Call BS on what exactly?

That we actually went for Godin. I don't see it, we wouldn't leave till the last minute if we actually would go for him. 

We have been in for Alderweireld and Maguire... the links to Zouma, Mina, Godin is all BS I think and paper talk.

26 minutes ago, Eagles $5$ said:

That we actually went for Godin. I don't see it, we wouldn't leave till the last minute if we actually would go for him. 

We have been in for Alderweireld and Maguire... the links to Zouma, Mina, Godin is all BS I think and paper talk.

Well it came from multiple sources, and not just paper talk. 

48 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Well it came from multiple sources, and not just paper talk. 

Like I said... just like how Barca made a bid for Pogba. Multiple sources when in reality it was or never will happen. Ever.

His agent just wants a new contract. Take you own advice and don't listen to all the sources.

Edited by Eagles $5$

24 minutes ago, Eagles $5$ said:

Like I said... just like how Barca made a bid for Pogba. Multiple sources when in reality it was or never will happen. Ever.

His agent just wants a new contract. Take you own advice and don't listen to all the sources.

First off why would it never happen?

Second of all, when I said don’t listen to what is out there it was because of conflicting reports. I didn’t see anybody reject those claims. With Godin, has people come out and said it’s true?

8 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

First off why would it never happen?

Second of all, when I said don’t listen to what is out there it was because of conflicting reports. I didn’t see anybody reject those claims. With Godin, has people come out and said it’s true?

It's never going to happen this transfer window is what i meant... we don't have a replacement for Pogba and its the end of the transfer window. Same situation with Godin... if we wanted him we would have been linked with him long time ago just like Alderweireld and Maguire.

The fact that Pogba and Godin just comes out of nowhere with no firm report is just BS reporting. Like I said just my opinion.

Just like I said.... This is a strategy tactic by the Agents.

Edited by Eagles $5$

11 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

What does everyone think of Kepa? I think it's a good risk/reward

Its the best signing we could have made giving the circumstances. Alisson wanted Champions League football so I don't think we were ever really an option for him like everyone seems keen to point out. Kepa has performed extremely well for Bilbao and is regarded very highly by the Spanish media but I have to admit to only seeing him play a few times. Looked liked a great shot stopper but hasn't been asked to play out of the back much. He'll need to learn to do that to succeed with Sarri.

Zero incomings or outgoings. I'm shocked. What on earth was Spurs strategy this summer. At least we still have time to sell a couple of Janssen, Llorente, N'Koudou. I hope Poch sticks by his word and actually plays the likes of Walker-Peters, Amos, Carter Vickers, Onomah and Skipp. 

1 hour ago, kempus said:

Zero incomings or outgoings. I'm shocked. What on earth was Spurs strategy this summer. At least we still have time to sell a couple of Janssen, Llorente, N'Koudou. I hope Poch sticks by his word and actually plays the likes of Walker-Peters, Amos, Carter Vickers, Onomah and Skipp. 

I don't think he has much of a choice. It's a really head scratching summer from Spurs, especially with the World Cup not giving most of their starting XI a breather. 

26 minutes ago, dotmotion said:

I don't know where to post my hot takes but I think Man U and Tottenham might drop out of the top 4 with Chelsea and Arsenal jumping up 

Possible. I dont see us finishing below Arsenal, though. We didnt strengthen, but also didnt lose anyone. We will see if fatigue and injury take their toll.

1 hour ago, LeeEvans said:

I don't think he has much of a choice. It's a really head scratching summer from Spurs, especially with the World Cup not giving most of their starting XI a breather. 

Yeah, we will see how badly the fatigue builds up as the season goes on.