Transfers & Rumors: Deadline Drama!

LeeEvans

2 hours ago, The LBC said:

Who ever thought that they might be a benefit to Arsenal's lack of incoming transfers of late?

These investigations are all about the transfer of minors.  Various inducements, illegal payments, and having international kids in the academy who moved countries purely to get into an academy are all examples of some of the breaches other clubs have been found guilty of that have resulted in transfer bans. 

It has nothing to do with a lack of first team transfers, and so the fact that Arsenal (or Tottenham for that matter) haven't been all that active in the transfer market over the last couple of years has no bearing on the likelihood of them being in breach or not

2 hours ago, drd23 said:

These investigations are all about the transfer of minors.  Various inducements, illegal payments, and having international kids in the academy who moved countries purely to get into an academy are all examples of some of the breaches other clubs have been found guilty of that have resulted in transfer bans. 

It has nothing to do with a lack of first team transfers, and so the fact that Arsenal (or Tottenham for that matter) haven't been all that active in the transfer market over the last couple of years has no bearing on the likelihood of them being in breach or not

I know it has nothing to do with First Team transfers, however, it (very) likely has to do more with domestic academy signings.  And for the past 3-going-on-4 seasons, Arsenal have only made 7 youth signings that either weren't already originally Academy players since they were schoolboys or had come in on a free from other Academies.  So, by comparison to most of the rest of the Top 6, that's a pretty damn low number for there to be an instance of infraction therein.

• 4 weeks later...

After months of speculation, Bayern officially secured Atletico Madrid defender Lucas Hernandez on a 5 year deal starting next year.  Big fan of bringing in one of the best defenders in the world today.  Big statement of intent as well as Bayern just doubled their previous transfer record with this deal.

Lucas Hernandez to Bayern for 80M

On 29/03/2019 at 2:54 AM, roysmyboy31 said:

After months of speculation, Bayern officially secured Atletico Madrid defender Lucas Hernandez on a 5 year deal starting next year.  Big fan of bringing in one of the best defenders in the world today.  Big statement of intent as well as Bayern just doubled their previous transfer record with this deal.

Lucas Hernandez to Bayern for 80M

Great signing for Bayern. Odd that they've suddenly been able to absolute smash their previous record.

He is definitely a future superstar.

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

It's about guaranteed now that Hazard will be wearing the white shirt.

Talk of Pogba and Eriksen. I don't know if I want Pogba. 

I'm leaning towards Eriksen leaving still. If ITK is to be believed, he wants Barca and not Real, but we will see. If Eriksen is unwilling to sign a new contract, we will sell him. Cant afford to let him go for nothing. Will be almost impossible for us to replace though. He would make any team in the world better.

1 minute ago, kempus said:

I'm leaning towards Eriksen leaving still. If ITK is to be believed, he wants Barca and not Real, but we will see. If Eriksen is unwilling to sign a new contract, we will sell him. Cant afford to let him go for nothing. Will be almost impossible for us to replace though. He would make any team in the world better.

I'd like him to replace Modric. Man has he fell off a cliff.

Just now, BullsandBroncos said:

I'd like him to replace Modric. Man has he fell off a cliff.

Given our lack of CMs, Eriksen has played a lot of deep lying playmaker for us this season. He's decent at it, but it's not his real position or forte. He needs to be further up the pitch to be at his optimum effectiveness.

Just now, kempus said:

Given our lack of CMs, Eriksen has played a lot of deep lying playmaker for us this season. He's decent at it, but it's not his real position or forte. He needs to be further up the pitch to be at his optimum effectiveness.

Perfect, he can play next to Kroos.

Now we just have to replace Benny.

7 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Perfect, he can play next to Kroos.

Now we just have to replace Benny.

In theory, yeah. Real are surely going to try to offload quite a few. Who's going to take on Bale? As much as I'd love him back, we cant even think about his wages. Unless he agreed to a massive pay cut, putting him level with Kane, for example.

1 minute ago, kempus said:

In theory, yeah. Real are surely going to try to offload quite a few. Who's going to take on Bale? As much as I'd love him back, we cant even think about his wages. Unless he agreed to a massive pay cut, putting him level with Kane, for example.

Even that's over paying.

2 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Even that's over paying.

For current Bale, yes. Change of scenery, who knows. I'd still take a chance on him at Spurs. Front 4 of Kane, Alli, Son and Bale (assuming Eriksen leaves). But, like I said, its highly unlikely.