Transfers & Rumors: Deadline Drama!

LeeEvans

1 hour ago, LeeEvans said:

The transfer fees don't bother me near as much as this crap. Same thing with Dembele at Celtic, was available on a free and he went to Celtic and had a great season dominating Scotland and now everyone is interested. 

? Dembele never played at Celtic?

6 hours ago, AustrianNiner said:

Aurier apparently on his way to Spurs. Heck of RB but also dumb as hell. Pretty sure Poch will be able to control him and this could turn out to be an outstanding signing.

Yeah, I've posted throughout the summer about Aurier. Great player, but absolute loose cannon. Keep him in check and we're golden. Will instantly be one of the best RBs in the league.

41 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Moussa Dembélé? The forward? He played for us two seasons ago and scored a bunch of goals for us in the Championship and then went to Celtic on a free.

I'm surprised there hasn't been any talk about him leaving Celtic, actually.

2 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

There were earlier in the summer, I heard 30m plus which is just insane for one year on from a free transfer. Clubs are idiots.

Spurs should have taken him on a free when we had the chance. Better than Janssen.

1 minute ago, kempus said:

Spurs should have taken him on a free when we had the chance. Better than Janssen.

At worst he's an off the bench option for any premier league club. He's a solid young player and NO ONE placed a bid on him. Idiots.

1 minute ago, LeeEvans said:

At worst he's an off the bench option for any premier league club. He's a solid young player and NO ONE placed a bid on him. Idiots.

I know Spurs were interested. I guess he wanted more game time that we couldn't offer him.

2 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

There were earlier in the summer, I heard 30m plus which is just insane for one year on from a free transfer. Clubs are idiots.

I don't get it. Like at all. 

Clubs like Monaco snap up talent for less than 20m every summer, big clubs wait a year, realise their mistake and then blow the bank on the same player. 

Monaco have literally replaced Mendy et al for a fraction of their cost and guaranteed in two years they will go for 10x that amount. Why don't big clubs just skip the middle man and take a chance? 

1 hour ago, texans_uk said:

Clubs like Monaco snap up talent for less than 20m every summer, big clubs wait a year, realise their mistake and then blow the bank on the same player. 

Monaco have literally replaced Mendy et al for a fraction of their cost and guaranteed in two years they will go for 10x that amount. Why don't big clubs just skip the middle man and take a chance? 

Well it's simple. Monaco are in a position where all they can go for are cheap players with potential because they can't compete with the guys with loads of money. They can the cheaper options and develop them while being good enough to where Monaco can give them a greater platform to show what they're about. To be fair, Chelsea do this as well but like I said for a young player to get into our team is nearly impossible whereas Monaco is much easier. 

Chelsea buy the players, but never let them play. Even if they turn out to be stars later down the line. The way Chelsea do it and loan everyone out isn't really comparable. I agree with how Monaco do it and why other big clubs cant really replicate it, though.

2 hours ago, texans_uk said:

It sounds like it should be trivial but... idiot fans and media pundits who can't recognize talent unless it's played for a reasonably competitive club.  The media especially loves to cast aspersions on players as to "level of competition" or "if he were that good he'd be playing at a better club" type of crap.

I'll never forget when Newcastle bought Yohan Cabaye for about £5m and everyone went nuts saying they had unearthed a hidden gem. Forgetting the fact that he was Lille captain and had been capped by France. It's almost like big clubs have a minimum spend when they buy a player.

7 hours ago, kempus said:

Yeah, I've posted throughout the summer about Aurier. Great player, but absolute loose cannon. Keep him in check and we're golden. Will instantly be one of the best RBs in the league.

Really hoped we were on that trail. Valencia is solid but could be significantly upgraded.