Transfers & Rumors: Deadline Drama!

LeeEvans

24 minutes ago, Eagles $5$ said:

Are Monaco happy to just gut the squad? I have never seen anything like this. I'm not sure if they are going to after Mbappe's sale.

I know they need to sell to make ends meet, low attendances, poor sponsorship and a lack of interest in French football make it tough to compete. But this is insane. 

2 hours ago, Eagles $5$ said:

Are Monaco happy to just gut the squad? I have never seen anything like this. I'm not sure if they are going to after Mbappe's sale.

Plus why do Liverpool want to sign another attacking player??? They should work on that defense.

Monaco will get what, 400M from selling 5-6 players? Financially that's a pretty good return.

For Liverpool, we need depth. We're fighting for 4 trophies this season, so we need able bodies. Beyond Mane and Salah, we don't have anyone on the wings who can come on and put in a shift. Lemar can also play CM, so he'll add a lot of depth and competition. Not saying he'll go straight to the bench either, he'll compete for playing time.

Agree on the defense, but it seems right now Klopp is very much VVD or bust. It's stupid, but it's what it is now.

13 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

Eventually you start to get negative returns in terms of performance. 

It surprises me that they seem so unprepared for the departures. You'd have thought that they would have had a short list for replacements at positions they were likely to sell. 

Just now, Canadian Saint said:

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/902160482974478340

One of our beat writers. There is your Cou replacement when he leaves.

End up paying the £48m in his release clause. That's a pretty decent signing given the market and I think a good fit to Klopp's style of play. Still odd they haven't really worried about the defense at all but that attack and midfield is looking very, very good. I hope they don't lose Can on a free though, he's a great player. 

1 minute ago, LeeEvans said:

End up paying the £48m in his release clause. That's a pretty decent signing given the market and I think a good fit to Klopp's style of play. Still odd they haven't really worried about the defense at all but that attack and midfield is looking very, very good. I hope they don't lose Can on a free though, he's a great player. 

Agree with Can, but this might be his direct replacement (+ possible upgrade).

If we can land Lemar + Keita, imagine those two feeding balls into Firmino, Salah and Mane. Mouth watering.

Now if we can fix the defense, we might be getting somewhere.

15 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

Agree with Can, but this might be his direct replacement (+ possible upgrade).

If we can land Lemar + Keita, imagine those two feeding balls into Firmino, Salah and Mane. Mouth watering.

Now if we can fix the defense, we might be getting somewhere.

Honestly if you get Lemar that will be a pretty amazing window and I'd argue it's been very good already. If Lemar signs and Coutinho somehow stays that would be just madness. I still think they could benefit from a true defensive midfielder but I guess if you score four goals a match it doesn't matter. 

26 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Honestly if you get Lemar that will be a pretty amazing window and I'd argue it's been very good already. If Lemar signs and Coutinho somehow stays that would be just madness. I still think they could benefit from a true defensive midfielder but I guess if you score four goals a match it doesn't matter. 

I'm good with Hendo and Can in the DM spot, especially with Klopp requiring his DM's to push forward. CB is the big one for me. Lovren is an ideal 3rd choice CB, but we need a partner for Matip. I do think we'll go to Southampton close to Thursday with one last final bid for VVD.

5 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

I'm good with Hendo and Can in the DM spot, especially with Klopp requiring his DM's to push forward. CB is the big one for me. Lovren is an ideal 3rd choice CB, but we need a partner for Matip. I do think we'll go to Southampton close to Thursday with one last final bid for VVD.

I think so as well. I agree CB is more pressing but I think a true defensive midfielder would be a good fit and would probably add a bit more protection to whoever the CBs end up being. I think a lot of times the lack of a midfield screen is at fault as much as just poor defending.