Transfers & Rumors: Deadline Drama!

LeeEvans

Chelsea fan.

Be interesting to see what we do with Ox. Assume Conte wants him as a wing back and maybe he'll improve but I think we can also use him as an attacking winger. 

Really don't want Drinkwater. If we're that desperate for a midfielder sort out a deal with Everton for Barkley and get that done. Why're we're even considering a £30-£40m deal for Drinkwater is beyond me.

33 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

Sorry about the heart attack haha. Saw he was with a legit paper and thought he was decent. My mistake.

Haha, it's alright. I wouldn't be surprised if Sanchez did hand in a transfer request after the battering we got yesterday.

4 minutes ago, marky mark said:

Various French outlets are reporting that Monaco rejected a €72m bid and won't sell Lemar this window.

Bidding war pls

Two reasons why I think that is, one is that he grew up a Liverpool fan and secondly he doesn't join a London rival. I doubt it's playing time given that he will face those same problems if he goes Liverpool.

1 minute ago, Kip Smithers said:

Two reasons why I think that is, one is that he grew up a Liverpool fan and secondly he doesn't join a London rival. I doubt it's playing time given that he will face those same problems if he goes Liverpool.

Thirdly he probably doesn't want to be a wing back either.

1 hour ago, PFM18 said:

Chelsea fan.

Be interesting to see what we do with Ox. Assume Conte wants him as a wing back and maybe he'll improve but I think we can also use him as an attacking winger. 

Really don't want Drinkwater. If we're that desperate for a midfielder sort out a deal with Everton for Barkley and get that done. Why're we're even considering a £30-£40m deal for Drinkwater is beyond me.

If we're looking for a player like Danny Drinkwater then why would we want Barkely? They aren't remotely similar players. We're looking for someone to replace what we lost in Matic. Someone who can break up in front of the back 3 and transition the ball through the midfield to the attacking players. That's exactly what Drinkwater is. Great signing IMO. Not every player in a squad is a superstar. 

3 minutes ago, Imarobot said:

If we're looking for a player like Danny Drinkwater then why would we want Barkely? They aren't remotely similar players. We're looking for someone to replace what we lost in Matic. Someone who can break up in front of the back 3 and transition the ball through the midfield to the attacking players. That's exactly what Drinkwater is. Great signing IMO. Not every player in a squad is a superstar. 

Drinkwater's a good player but he's not worth £40m. We had/have players that could backup Kante and Bakayoko. We had Chalobah who we let go to Watford for a paltry sum. We also have players like Pasalic and Van Ginkel who can play there but we've decided to loan them out yet again.

Point is we shouldn't have found ourselves in this position. We've let players go that we didn't need to and could have been useful in our squad.