Transfers & Rumors: Deadline Drama!

LeeEvans

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

How does this work? Does Sterling need to sign off on this or can his contract just be straight up transferred?

He would have to agree to contract terms with Arsenal. Fortunately it's not like the NFL in that sense. 

Honestly, if Arsenal sell Sanchez and Mustafi (and to a lesser extent Ox), and only bring in Evans as a replacement, this has all the makings of a catastrophic season for them. To lose another premier talent in the PL to a direct rival (mirroring RvP to United), especially with their bad run of form, that club would have an absolutely toxic atmosphere unless they can go on a run.

17 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

Honestly, if Arsenal sell Sanchez and Mustafi (and to a lesser extent Ox), and only bring in Evans as a replacement, this has all the makings of a catastrophic season for them. To lose another premier talent in the PL to a direct rival (mirroring RvP to United), especially with their bad run of form, that club would have an absolutely toxic atmosphere unless they can go on a run.

Totally agree. I just can't see it. Even if they were able to get someone like Lemar to replace Sanchez that is still a net loss and you can't expect him replace Sanchez's production right off the bat (if at all). 

2 hours ago, texans_uk said:

He would have to agree to contract terms with Arsenal. Fortunately it's not like the NFL in that sense. 

I've been pretty consistently impressed with how well players are treated by clubs. Guaranteed deals, they can't move unless they want to, and if they do want to move teams are usually pretty open to it.

It's a whole lot more fair to the player than any American sport.

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I've been pretty consistently impressed with how well players are treated by clubs. Guaranteed deals, they can't move unless they want to, and if they do want to move teams are usually pretty open to it.

It's a whole lot more fair to the player than any American sport.

I'd argue that's because the teams are making a lot of money by letting them move. In American sports, you're simply getting an asset that will hopefully improve your team now or in the future vs a big check the owner can pocket. 

I can see Thursday being more hectic than ever with everyone trying to get deals over the line.

Will City or another club try to tempt Arsenal to sell Sanchez with a huge offer?

Will anybody be interested in signing Ross Barkley? (Depends on how serious his injury is)

Will Mbappe's move to PSG be done?

Whatever happens there's no doubt that this window has been an eye opener. Clubs have certainly been willing to spend a lot more money than before.