Transfers & Rumors: Deadline Drama!

LeeEvans

3 hours ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

As the resident West Ham fan here, I really don't see this evolving into anything. Losing Lanzini would cut back any gains we made this transfer window. Plus Lanzini is a favorite of Slav so I really can't see any way this happens. 

Just a rumour. I agree with you though.

On 7/30/2017 at 2:27 PM, texans_uk said:

Ugh £40m for a 28 year old cast off. 

Not happy.

Surely he's an upgrade for you at the position though? 40m is more than I would have expected at the start of the summer but when Bakayoko and Tolisso are going for 35-40m its hard for Matic to go for any less.

7 hours ago, Imarobot said:

Surely he's an upgrade for you at the position though? 40m is more than I would have expected at the start of the summer but when Bakayoko and Tolisso are going for 35-40m its hard for Matic to go for any less.

Precisely. You signed a much younger Bakayoko for the same fee. 

Matic read surplus to requirements for all intents and purposes. 

Tuesday 1st August Rumours

• Chelsea are struggling to convince Bayern Munich midfielder Renato Sanches to join them on loan
  • Klopp will not look for another centre midfielder this summer despite missing out on Keita
  • Bournemouth are interested in Leicester's Demarai Gray - they would be foolish to lose him
  • Diego Costa is still sitting out training with Chelsea, awaiting a move away - pretty quiet on that front
  • Southampton are potentially looking at a replacement for van Dijk in Lazio centre-back Wesley Hoedt, but I think still hold hope of holding on to him
  • Newcastle are interested in Arsenal's Lucas Perez but have balked at the asking price
  • Everton are still chasing Sigurdsson, all kinds of rumours of potential makeweights
  • Watford have signed 20 year old Richarlison from Fluminense
  • Barcelona may have turned their attentions to Mesut Ozil if they can't get Coutinho
  • Inter Milan are set to beat Arsenal to the signing of Nice defender Dalbert for £17m
  • Iheanacho closes in on £25m move to Leicester 
  • Chelsea set sights on shock move for Leicester midfielder Drinkwater
  • Freddy Adu has joined Polish club Sandecja Nowy Sacz on trial
  • Sevilla have completed a deal to sign former Manchester City winger Jesus Navas
  • Nasri could team up with Balotelli at Nice as Ligue 1 club

5 minutes ago, kempus said:

Still no rumour of Spurs doing anything. We should be all ovet Iheanacho if he's only going to cost 25 million.

There was something potentially linking you to Serge Aurier of PSG but it's pretty weak. There are lots of contrasting reports too, the Sun claims United have agreed a £30m deal with him, but since it's completely out of the blue without any sources I hesitate to mention it.

Story seems to be picking up pace though. 

32 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

There was something potentially linking you to Serge Aurier of PSG but it's pretty weak. There are lots of contrasting reports too, the Sun claims United have agreed a £30m deal with him, but since it's completely out of the blue without any sources I hesitate to mention it.

Story seems to be picking up pace though. 

Aurier the player, I would love. But, Aurier the man is an absolute lunatic. I dont think he would fit in with the group and ethos that Poch has built.

5 minutes ago, kempus said:

Aurier the player, I would love. But, Aurier the man is an absolute lunatic. I dont think he would fit in with the group and ethos that Poch has built.

Our depth at RB right now is very limited

Valencia is solid but is a bit of a liability against out and out wingers. 

Darmien had a great start to his career but has fallen out of favour big time.

Fosu-Mensah is a youth product so would be strange to get an opportunity under Mourinho. 

Next in line would probably be Phil Jones. 

I really can't believe this Neymar thing looks like it's going to happen. You've got to imagine that signing might spark some life into this transfer window. 

As for Fulham, they've resigned Kalas on loan for another year and that is a massive signing for our squad. He is hands down our best defender and did extremely well while often being isolated at the back. The summer so far has been extremely underwhelming, we made it to the playoffs and were one of the best sides in the division and done absolutely to strengthen which is maddening and it wouldn't be surprising to see Jokanoivc leave over our lack of ambition. 

Actually forgot about Oliver Norwood as well, that's a good signing. Still think we lack a proper defensive midfielder.

1 minute ago, RaykwonDaChef said:

Excited that Neymar transfer is happening and going to a club I don't really care about. 

That is probably the best part about it, I am not a fan of him and the move to PSG pretty much puts him completely out of mind. He'll destroy the French league.