Transfers & Rumors: Deadline Drama!

LeeEvans

32 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Also, Iheanacho for 25m would be an awesome signing for just about anyone. I can't imagine he won't bang in goals for Leicester and I think he'll move on to a big side before too long, City letting him go was foolish. 

Perhaps they want to emulate Chelsea and United to the maximum and will sign him back in 3 years for £80m

1 hour ago, LeeEvans said:

As for Fulham

Non-PL talk. 

Mansfield have signed 13 players.

In doing so we've gone from a playoff hopeful to title favourites and odds on to go up! 

Had a bid accepted today for a striker, he's currently discussing implications with his family. Fingers crossed. 

1 hour ago, texans_uk said:

Non-PL talk. 

Mansfield have signed 13 players.

In doing so we've gone from a playoff hopeful to title favourites and odds on to go up! 

Had a bid accepted today for a striker, he's currently discussing implications with his family. Fingers crossed. 

Wow, 13 signings? That's a hell of summer, obviously there is more turnover down there but still. League One here you go!

1 hour ago, LeeEvans said:

Wow, 13 signings? That's a hell of summer, obviously there is more turnover down there but still. League One here you go!

It's make or break for Steve Evans, he had done big clubs chasing him but he believes in our owners.

We basically let go of all mediocre players and replaced them with higher standard. We signed Northampton's player of the year for example. 

For a team like Leicestet, the buy back clause if probably palatable. If Iheanacho is a big success, he isn't staying at Leicester, anyway. 50 million is a pretty big chunk of change, doubling their investment. Makes sense for City, too. If they were wrong to sell him, like a lot of people think they probably are.

2 hours ago, kempus said:

For a team like Leicestet, the buy back clause if probably palatable. If Iheanacho is a big success, he isn't staying at Leicester, anyway. 50 million is a pretty big chunk of change, doubling their investment. Makes sense for City, too. If they were wrong to sell him, like a lot of people think they probably are.

I can't believe it's taken English clubs this long to insert these clauses. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40800757

Neymar has been given permission to leave Barcelona as he looks set to join Paris St-Germain in a 222m euro (£198m) deal.

The Brazilian, 25, told his team-mates at training on Wednesday that he wanted to leave the Spanish giants.

He was then given permission by manager Ernesto Valverde not to train and to "sort out his future".

Damn. It's happening.

6 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

I just hope he's doing it for himself. 

Sounds like he has a lot of "advisors", including his father, who stand to benefit financially. 

Question is, will PSG pay a lump sum? Throw in Verratti? Pay in instalments? 

Do Barca have the option of choosing lump sum or instalments? As it meets his release clause, I don't know if they have a say? I'm going to assume that how the release clause is paid is written in the contract.

I read that Barca are interested in Draxler, Rabiot, Verratti and Di Maria as make weights. Verrattis value would have to be close to 100 million in this deal.

4 minutes ago, kempus said:

Do Barca have the option of choosing lump sum or instalments? As it meets his release clause, I don't know if they have a say? I'm going to assume that how the release clause is paid is written in the contract.

I read that Barca are interested in Draxler, Rabiot, Verratti and Di Maria as make weights. Verrattis value would have to be close to 100 million in this deal.

Verratti is an obvious one

Would be surprised if PSG let Draxler leave. 

I just can't get my head around it.