Transfers & Rumors: Deadline Drama!

LeeEvans

10 hours ago, Eagles $5$ said:

Telegraph is reporting that United have made a bid for Sanchez which is around 25-30m

If we pulled that off it would be the ultimate troll. 

I don't know why "experts" are saying if we fail it looks bad on us, Jose probably thinks we have about a 5% chance of landing him so we've taken a punt. If he goes to City there will be no tears. 

19 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

From where he came from I don’t blame him at all. 

I wouldn't blame anyone. 

It's just funny how a guy with a few decent seasons under his belt has just smashed records set by real quality players.

Although nothing will ever top Graziano Pelle.

3 hours ago, texans_uk said:

Oh Theo where did it all go so wrong. 

WC at 16.

At 28, in his "prime", he's facing stepping down a tier. 

Just never really developed anything to his game besides speed. I think a club like Everton or Southampton could be really good for him. He's definitely got talent, just not enough to be a starter for a top four club. 

13 hours ago, texans_uk said:

Oh Theo where did it all go so wrong. 

WC at 16.

At 28, in his "prime", he's facing stepping down a tier. 

Because he's a "forward" who can't carry the ball at his feet.  Theo has just, for much of his career, been the embodiment of Teflon where technique is concerned.

On 12/01/2018 at 10:26 AM, texans_uk said:

If we pulled that off it would be the ultimate troll. 

I don't know why "experts" are saying if we fail it looks bad on us, Jose probably thinks we have about a 5% chance of landing him so we've taken a punt. If he goes to City there will be no tears. 

I think for everyone, it would be better if Sanchez does go to United. Tighten that moses-parting gap up, somewhat.

2 hours ago, kempus said:

If City end up losing Sanchez over 35 million, they will regret it. That's peanuts for players of his caliber. His value woulf jump 65million +, the second he signs.

Will they though? I can't see that they need him with Sane, Sterling and B Silva on board.

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Will they though? I can't see that they need him with Sane, Sterling and B Silva on board.

Silva is more of a central player in Pep's system... still, they've got 4 amazing players for their 3 forward spots but as Jesus' knock showed all it really takes is one injury for them to start to feel light there. 

They'll walk the league either way but Alexis would be massive for them in terms of solidifying their Champions League ambitions. 

2 hours ago, kempus said:

Sanchez is better than any of them. City are stacked, but for 35 million, Sanchez is a steal.

True. Although the way he's made Sterling into a serious weapon is impressive. Don't think you can replace him with Sanchez atm. What is he, 3rd most goals in the PL?

Edited by Hunter2_1

2 hours ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Silva is more of a central player in Pep's system... still, they've got 4 amazing players for their 3 forward spots but as Jesus' knock showed all it really takes is one injury for them to start to feel light there. 

They'll walk the league either way but Alexis would be massive for them in terms of solidifying their Champions League ambitions. 

Bernado is? 

And fair post.  An injury does change things

6 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

True. Although the way he's made Sterling into a serious weapon is impressive. Don't think you can replace him with Sanchez atm. What is he, 3rd most goals in the PL?

Yeah, Sterling is in an amazing run of form. Sanchez is a game changer, though. They don't come along at that price in todays market. It's 100% a luxury purchase. But, City are in a position where they can bring in those luxury guys.