Transfers & Rumors: Deadline Drama!

LeeEvans

20 hours ago, texans_uk said:

If Chelsea sign Carroll ? 

A loan move honestly wouldn't be a bad option since Conte clearly doesn't rate Michy and we need more options, but if we actually pay what West Ham want to buy him? Man, that would be an absolutely mind boggling move.

Lol the potential merry-go round between Dortmund/Arsenal/United is making me dizzy. Starting to feel like one of those 4 team 20 player NBA deals.

Dortmund gets: Giroud

Arsenal gets: Mkhi, Auba

United gets: Alexis, every Arsenal fan's tears 

We never see deals like this in soccer happen in part because the players actually have the power to say no... and I'm still skeptical that this one will go through. Mkhitaryan would be our highest earner if we take him on the wages he has at United, which I'd be surprised if we do. I wonder if part of the waving of a transfer fee would be towards giving him a sign-on bonus to make it more amenable to the regular wage structure. 

All of this activity is happening one transfer window too late IMO but if we're able to turn Alexis and Walcott into some combo of Auba, Mkhi, and/or Malcolm that's pretty decent business from a bad negotiating position. Seems like the new Barca Director of Football guy is making his presence felt. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Imarobot said:

A loan move honestly wouldn't be a bad option since Conte clearly doesn't rate Michy and we need more options, but if we actually pay what West Ham want to buy him? Man, that would be an absolutely mind boggling move.

I mean, there must be better options. 

From what I've hear Moyes and the board are fighting on Carroll. Moyes wants him to stay, the board likes 20m for him. Believe I've read we'd like Batshuayi though too so it would be interesting to see if he comes into play at all here. Only striker (I guess I should say "striker") that we have that I can't see moving is Ayew