Transfers & Rumors: Deadline Drama!

LeeEvans

There it is.Sad to see him leave and although he was always a bit of an odd fit with the club, we'll look back on having had him and see this period as a huge missed opportunity to win things. Summer of 2015 was the beginning of the end for Alexis' relationship at the club. 

I think Mkhi can be good fit with us and although it sucks to sell to United, overall it's still a decent piece of business considering how bad a position we were in.

Now let's go see if this Auba things happens. 

24 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

There it is.Sad to see him leave and although he was always a bit of an odd fit with the club, we'll look back on having had him and see this period as a huge missed opportunity to win things. Summer of 2015 was the beginning of the end for Alexis' relationship at the club. 

I think Mkhi can be good fit with us and although it sucks to sell to United, overall it's still a decent piece of business considering how bad a position we were in.

Now let's go see if this Auba things happens. 

Yup. Honestly Arsenal did very well to get something for Sanchez when their gamble had almost backfired. I can agree that Mkhi can do well at the club but they've still got some gaps to fill and I don't know if Auba is the answer. 

I couldn’t be any happier with this deal! Sanchez has been one of my favorite players ever since he was in Udinese. Always thought we were going to sign him and give him the #7 shirt. I was so disappointed when we didn’t get Sanchez at the time he left Udinese, and even more disappointed when he went from Barcelona to Arsenal. I have no idea if Sir Alex was ever seriously in for him, but he always struck me as a United player through and through. He plays with heart and clearly has an eye for goal. He should provide much of what our attack has been lacking in recent times. Mata will surely be wondering if this relegates him to the bench for the foreseeable future - I think he’s the most at risk - but it’s a very significant addition to our starting 11. 

Moreover, it’s a great deal from a business perspective. Yes, we’ll be paying Sanchez more in wages than Mkhitaryan was earning, but guess what...Sanchez is a much, much better player! I wish Miki the best of luck at Arsenal though. I hope for his sake he can adjust and have success in this league with his age. 

Really interested how long Alexis can play on a high level since he's hardly had a break in recent years. Wouldn't be the first one to suffer from a lack of breaks and getting rushed back onto the pitch over a longer period of time, especially in his position. Certainly agree that he wasn't used in the best way(and still scored a ridiculous amount of goals), I'm not sure how that will be better under Mou though. (not saying it will happen of course)

Don't think it's necessarily bad for Arsenal though, but they really need some pace now. Not sure the obvious choice Aubameyang is the right answer here. 

2 hours ago, AustrianNiner said:

Really interested how long Alexis can play on a high level since he's hardly had a break in recent years. Wouldn't be the first one to suffer from a lack of breaks and getting rushed back onto the pitch over a longer period of time, especially in his position. Certainly agree that he wasn't used in the best way(and still scored a ridiculous amount of goals), I'm not sure how that will be better under Mou though. (not saying it will happen of course)

Don't think it's necessarily bad for Arsenal though, but they really need some pace now. Not sure the obvious choice Aubameyang is the right answer here. 

Good thing is with Lukaku, Rashford, Martial and Ibra we won't be leaning on him anywhere near as much as Chile or Arsenal do. 

Of course this is Mourinho we are talking about, so he'll probably play 90 minutes every week.