Transfers & Rumors: Deadline Drama!

LeeEvans

48 minutes ago, rcon14 said:

I saw this and was so confused. After being linked to CL clubs for the past two summers, he ends up at Fulham...

Yeah it's an unbelievable signing. I'm still  not entirely sure how it happened. Our midfield of Cairney, Johansen and Seri should be quite good. I think it gives us a much better balance than with McDonald (who I really like).

No way anyone gets Mbappe.

Hazard will stay with the new coach or go to Barcelona it seems. I don't believe the chatter about him worth hell.

I share the same thoughts as UK when it comes to Neymar.

Our front line is going to be Isco-Bale-Asensio because it gets our 3 best front players on the field together. 

11 hours ago, UKTexans said:

Loan to buys like this are complete bs.

It feels to me like some dodgy financial scheme to avoid paying taxes or something.

More just a scheme to push expenditure down the road while getting the player now.  Plus it helps with FFP calculations when you've already spent money in the current year

So Maddock is reporting (who's been ace this summer when it comes to us) that Klopp isn't going for a new GK, instead will give Danny Ward a chance to win the starters job from Karius, and it might even open the door for Mignolet to come back and compete for the job.

Keita, Fabinho, Shaqiri and possibly Fekir (who we're re-negotiating after the world cup with) and we'll field a team with Danny freaking Ward in goal? For crying out loud.

3 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

So Maddock is reporting (who's been ace this summer when it comes to us) that Klopp isn't going for a new GK, instead will give Danny Ward a chance to win the starters job from Karius, and it might even open the door for Mignolet to come back and compete for the job.

Keita, Fabinho, Shaqiri and possibly Fekir (who we're re-negotiating after the world cup with) and we'll field a team with Danny freaking Ward in goal? For crying out loud.

I mean, if you really want, Davy No-Neck (Ospina) is available for purchase.  :D

7 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

Danny Ward should probably have played last season. Dude's good.

6 hours ago, kempus said:

Spurs are on the verge of signing Grealish, from what I've read. Not underwhelming, but certainly not exciting. I expect him to be an Eriksen understudy with potential to develop.

My mate is a Villa fan and we wind him up no end about Grealish. The talent is there, but for £30m+ I hope he can get some consistency.