Transfers & Rumors: Deadline Drama!

LeeEvans

Hazard is a top 5, at worst, player in the world and should be playing in the CL every year so can’t really blame him for wanting out. Chelsea’s ambition has dropped recently and is poorly managed. 

14 minutes ago, PAW said:

Hazard is a top 5, at worst, player in the world and should be playing in the CL every year so can’t really blame him for wanting out. Chelsea’s ambition has dropped recently and is poorly managed. 

Chelsea have been poorly managed for a long time, has seemed to work generally but dropping out of the CL was a huge hit.

2 minutes ago, UKTexans said:

Chelsea have been poorly managed for a long time, has seemed to work generally but dropping out of the CL was a huge hit.

Not really. They change managers frequently but have been successful doing it. Always signed their top transfer targets. Financially the club has grown significantly. Been one of the most successful teams. 

Now they drag their feet getting signings done. The signings they do make aren’t the same quality. That’s one of the reasons Jorginho signing was massive. But I think that was done as a prayer to get Hazard to change his mind not because they are suddenly ambitious again. Conte mistreatment was also a joke. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, PAW said:

Not really. They change managers frequently but have been successful doing it. Always signed their top transfer targets. Financially the club has grown significantly. Been one of the most successful teams. 

Now they drag their feet getting signings done. The signings they do make aren’t the same quality. That’s one of the reasons Jorginho signing was massive. But I think that was done as a prayer to get Hazard to change his mind not because they are suddenly ambitious again. Conte mistreatment was also a joke. 

I think the two go hand in hand. Over past few years or so we have tried to be more financially prudent and stable, therefore we aren’t going into bidding wars and paying greatly over the odds for a player. That’s the explanation. It’s no longer, we identify a player and Roman such writes out a big cheque.  I don’t think the Jorginho thing has anything to do with Hazard. More so for Sarri. What might help  him stay is that with Sarri we might play the football and attacking style that Hazard so desperately wants. He maybe attracted to that. We’ll see. 

5 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Apparently Courtois and Madrid are extremely close to an agreement as well. I have a hard time believing that Chelsea will let them buy both of them.

Courtois in the WC was not the same GK he was at Chelsea.  He also has a horrible attitude so don't care if he leaves (assuming Alisson replaces him).  I find it funny Real wants to replace Navas due to his distribution and Courtois has awful distribution. 

17 minutes ago, PAW said:

Courtois in the WC was not the same GK he was at Chelsea.  He also has a horrible attitude so don't care if he leaves (assuming Alisson replaces him).  I find it funny Real wants to replace Navas due to his distribution and Courtois has awful distribution. 

Real (Florentino) wants to replace Navas because he's not a big name

3 hours ago, PAW said:

He wasn’t? Pretty much the same GK. Youre just comparing a big sample to a significantly smaller sample 

5 hours ago, PAW said:

Won the golden glove somehow