Transfers & Rumors: Deadline Drama!

LeeEvans

Really don't understand the furore around Spurs not signing anyone.

They have a young team, most of whom haven't hit their prime yet and they've got pretty good depth.

Why add needlessly? It's almost as if Sky Sports would have been happier if they'd gone out and spent £50m on a player they didn't need in a position where they have depth?

Strange times.

13 hours ago, Eagles $5$ said:

It's never going to happen this transfer window is what i meant... we don't have a replacement for Pogba and its the end of the transfer window. Same situation with Godin... if we wanted him we would have been linked with him long time ago just like Alderweireld and Maguire.

The fact that Pogba and Godin just comes out of nowhere with no firm report is just BS reporting. Like I said just my opinion.

Just like I said.... This is a strategy tactic by the Agents.

So we did go for him?

His agent just played us. Like Ramos a few years ago.

God we are embarrassing.

21 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

I’m sure that we wanted to do that but Madrid said no. Don’t blame em, he’s deemed to be Modric’s replacement at some point.

Well his last tweet suggests he doesn't plan on playing for Madrid again so he could end up staying with Chelsea next summer regardless. Would hate to lose him very much

56 minutes ago, Madridista said:

Well his last tweet suggests he doesn't plan on playing for Madrid again so he could end up staying with Chelsea next summer regardless. Would hate to lose him very much

I assume he tweeted something similar to what was posted on instagram

540741_54880615b496101eae3125c1a5b674ea.

Coutinho has been granted Portuguese citizenship through his wife

Philippe Coutinho has been granted a Portuguese citizenship, sources have confirmed to ESPN FC, easing Barcelona's concerns over the number of foreign players in their squad.

All three of their new signings -- Arthur Melo, Malcom and Arturo Vidal -- count as non-EU players, as does Marlon Santos, who is expected to leave the club on loan this month.

Coutinho, a January arrival from Liverpool, was also in that bracket, but he has successfully been granted Portuguese documentation through his wife, Aine.

http://www.espn.com.au/football/barcelona/story/3591246/philippe-coutinho-boost-for-barcelona-after-portuguese-citizenship-granted

19 hours ago, UKTexans said:

What are Monaco thinking?

That they still have Rony Lopes to play on the wing? Not to mention Jordi Mboula, Samuel Grandsir, and WIllem Guebbels who they supposedly rate pretty highly.

I don't know why anyone is shocked. This is what Monaco does. The loan includes a €42m option to buy and a percentage of any future transfer. That's pretty good business for Monaco. They're never going to be a club that can hold on to top players just based on population numbers in Monaco and their ability to fill their stadium. 

On 8/14/2018 at 11:57 AM, Imarobot said:

That they still have Rony Lopes to play on the wing? Not to mention Jordi Mboula, Samuel Grandsir, and WIllem Guebbels who they supposedly rate pretty highly.

I don't know why anyone is shocked. This is what Monaco does. The loan includes a €42m option to buy and a percentage of any future transfer. That's pretty good business for Monaco. They're never going to be a club that can hold on to top players just based on population numbers in Monaco and their ability to fill their stadium. 

I remember reading a really interesting article that interviewed one of the guys who lead their recruitment policy and basically talked about the issues that you mentioned and how they're always going to sell their best players and invest smartly. Its impressive how competitive they have been. 

On 8/10/2018 at 5:30 AM, UKTexans said:

Really don't understand the furore around Spurs not signing anyone.

They have a young team, most of whom haven't hit their prime yet and they've got pretty good depth.

Why add needlessly? It's almost as if Sky Sports would have been happier if they'd gone out and spent £50m on a player they didn't need in a position where they have depth?

Strange times.

Spurs should have signed Kovacic. Perfect replacement for Dembele.