Transfers & Rumors: Deadline Drama!

LeeEvans

On 10/08/2018 at 10:30 AM, UKTexans said:

Really don't understand the furore around Spurs not signing anyone.

They have a young team, most of whom haven't hit their prime yet and they've got pretty good depth.

Why add needlessly? It's almost as if Sky Sports would have been happier if they'd gone out and spent £50m on a player they didn't need in a position where they have depth?

Strange times.

Well for one, their depth isn’t all that good when you’re gonna be in 4 comps. They have no back up for Kane. None for Eriksen. Second of all Liverpool, Chelsea both added to their squads. United are going to be in that top 4 race along with those too. Spurs aren’t in the position to not be adding to their squad.

16 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Well for one, their depth isn’t all that good when you’re gonna be in 4 comps. They have no back up for Kane. None for Eriksen. Second of all Liverpool, Chelsea both added to their squads. United are going to be in that top 4 race along with those too. Spurs aren’t in the position to not be adding to their squad.

And there squad isn't so good that they can't improve on it. I don't have a problem with them not signing players to sit on the bench like they did with Sissoko but I think they should have improved their starting XI.

8 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

I think they should have improved their starting XI.

Realistically, with our budget, it would have been impossible to improve the starting 11. CM is probably our weakest position, but who is in our budget to improve us there?

14 hours ago, kempus said:

Realistically, with our budget, it would have been impossible to improve the starting 11. CM is probably our weakest position, but who is in our budget to improve us there?

I dont really know what Spurs budget is to be honest. I know you have the new stadium but we just spent 100m and we didnt finish top four. Surely Spure have half that to try and improve the squad. I'd look at the fee Malcolm went for and wonder if someone like him wasnt worth the chance. 

12 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

I dont really know what Spurs budget is to be honest. I know you have the new stadium but we just spent 100m and we didnt finish top four. Surely Spure have half that to try and improve the squad. I'd look at the fee Malcolm went for and wonder if someone like him wasnt worth the chance. 

Im fairly certain our budget was nothing, unless we had sold first. We have just invested a billion in infastructure, the stadium is still delayed and with no naming rights for the stadium. Im pretty sure we're walking a very fine line at the moment.

Karius is going on a 2-year loan to Bestikas with an Obligation to buy if certain criteria are met. Money is low (which is fair) at 2.25M loan and 7.75M obligation to buy. Unfortunate his LFC career had to end like this, but it's best for him. He needs to go somewhere without a media presence and get his confidence back.

More hilariously, Mignolet will enter his 6th year as a LFC goalie.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...