Transfers & Rumors: Deadline Drama!

LeeEvans

58 minutes ago, Madridista said:

I get that Madrid consistently screwed Morata out of minutes he deserved but wow never took him for someone that would play for Atleti

He started in Atleti's academy and only left because he wasn't getting enough game time behind Borja Baston

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, BullsandBroncos said:

I think it's almost a lock that Hazard goes to Madrid in August. Not surprised, and at the same time, I doubt it will do much. Madrid can't score. They'd be better off selling Bale and buying Icardi. Start Junior and Ascensio.

Icardi is a legitimate nutcase. Im pretty sure most teams wouldnt take him at all. I think selling Bale is a definite option. Idk who would be interested in his mega wages and awful injury history, though. United, perhaps? Chelsea? PSG? I would love him back at Spurs, if the fee was reasonable and his wages were no more than Kanes. 

Eriksen may well be off to Madrid, too. From what I've read. Has his heart set on a move there, apparently. I wouldnt begrudge him a move either, but would be a big blow for us.

Edited by kempus

20 hours ago, kempus said:

Icardi is a legitimate nutcase. Im pretty sure most teams wouldnt take him at all. I think selling Bale is a definite option. Idk who would be interested in his mega wages and awful injury history, though. United, perhaps? Chelsea? PSG? I would love him back at Spurs, if the fee was reasonable and his wages were no more than Kanes. 

Eriksen may well be off to Madrid, too. From what I've read. Has his heart set on a move there, apparently. I wouldnt begrudge him a move either, but would be a big blow for us.

Madrid are going to fix their shot problems by playing a bunch of attacking midfielders and never shooting the ball. It's gonna be great!

20 hours ago, kempus said:

We need another midfielder who isn't more than a slightly above average goal threat. :D

According to Football Leaks that is already reduced from 4 windows.  I assume they'll appeal to delay it so it doesn't start until Jan 2020 so that whoever the manager is for next season can have the opportunity to sign some players before it kicks in.  Will also be interesting to see if this affects what Hazard does

Man City next apparently

2 hours ago, kempus said:

If the ban is upheld for the coming transfer window, Chelsea are in a world of problems.

Really interesting to see what this means for Hazard and Hudson-Odoi. Thought both were definite gonners this Summer, but surely Chelsea won't sell if they can't replace.

A lot of discontent on the way in West London.

This will be the starting point for why Man City will be the next club hit with a transfer ban for breaking rules about the transfer on minors.  And I won't be surprised if they are not the last EPL club to find themselves punished for something similar

11 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Really interesting to see what this means for Hazard and Hudson-Odoi. Thought both were definite gonners this Summer, but surely Chelsea won't sell if they can't replace.

A lot of discontent on the way in West London.

I think Hazard is gone regardless. Hes gone on a free otherwise. Chelsea cant afford to lose a 100 million pound player for nothing. He may well get pretty disgruntled if they force him to stay for another season.

Hudson-Odoi will stay imo. They will be hopeful they can convince him to sign an extension, especially with a new manager. I bet whoever the new manager is has the remit that he must play.

On 22/02/2019 at 11:06 PM, drd23 said:

This will be the starting point for why Man City will be the next club hit with a transfer ban for breaking rules about the transfer on minors.  And I won't be surprised if they are not the last EPL club to find themselves punished for something similar

Given the amount of young, foreign players United have signed I would be really surprised if we don't get hit with something like this.

2 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Given the amount of young, foreign players United have signed I would be really surprised if we don't get hit with something like this.

The rumour is that there are 4 other EPL teams being investigated (City is obviously one, I'd be surprised if the other 3 weren't also top 6 teams(

On 2/25/2019 at 3:03 AM, drd23 said:

The rumour is that there are 4 other EPL teams being investigated (City is obviously one, I'd be surprised if the other 3 weren't also top 6 teams(

Who ever thought that they might be a benefit to Arsenal's lack of incoming transfers of late?