Transfers & Rumors: Deadline Drama!

LeeEvans

20 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Third isnt bad for a bunch of mugs. Could be worse, you could be going back to the championship haha. 

This is the worst Spurs squad since the mid 00s imo. So many passengers.

26 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Really? In terms of depth or starting XI?

Squad. The first 11 is still very good, when half of them arent injured. On current form Alli, Dier, Trippier, Wanyama, Llorente and a few others shouldn't be anywhere near the first team. All of them are horribly out of form or injured. However, the terrible squad make up and injuries are forcing us to play them. Not signing anyone for years/most players in World Cup semis/no pre season/ going far in so many competitions/a whole host of other things has decimated the team, squad, form and moral.

This is probably also a reaction to our horrific current form, which is also the worst period we have had for a good 8-10 years. Its genuinely incredible that we are currently 3rd and in the CL semis. 

Edited by kempus

On 5/3/2019 at 9:18 PM, kempus said:

Sissoko and Vertonghen have been pretty awesome, but your point is true. Individually, most of our players have been rubbish. Eriksen has decided to show up for less than half our games this year. Pretty sure his head was turned a long time ago.

Yah I can agree with that. I was pretty much talking in terms of those 2 players are the only ones who can start for any team in the world. Everyone else is a rotational starter for the likes of Citeh, RM, Juventus, Barcelona, etc.

11 hours ago, teamorange said:

Yah I can agree with that. I was pretty much talking in terms of those 2 players are the only ones who can start for any team in the world. Everyone else is a rotational starter for the likes of Citeh, RM, Juventus, Barcelona, etc.

Yeah, the only 4 players we have, who are good enough on current form, are Kane, Son, Alderweireld and Vertonghen. Those 4 would start for practically any team in the world. Eriksen would if he could be arsed to show up every game.

29 minutes ago, kempus said:

I would assume Hazard.

Yup.  Was basically an announcement that an announcement was forthcoming, but basically, the offer from Real has been made and accepted, and it'll be formally announced immediately following the Europa final.

There is going to be a lot of moving parts this summer. Perhaps more than most. Barca have already splashed on De Jong and are likely to spend another 200 million on De Ligt and Griezmann. Barca surely have to ship some players out to make some of that back, with Coutinho being the biggest casualty.

Real will spend big with Hazard, Pogba and Eriksen all being strongly linked. They too have to clear the wage bill though. With Bale being the biggest and most difficult player to move.

United are also likely to spend big, especially if Pogba is sold. The squad needs a lot of work, but do they trust Ole to spend? 

City always have money to burn and Pep will want to strengthen once again. Left back is an obvious position that needs reinforcing. If they sell squad players like Sane, they will have even more.

Chelsea is completely dependent on their appeal. If successful, I expect them to go massive in the transfer market.

Arsenal are also tied to the result in the Europa League final. Win and they have money. Don't and it may be a cheap summer. Unless the sell Auba or Laca for big money.

Spurs simply have to spend. No transfers for a season and a half. A manager clearly trying to force the owners hand. A CL final and almost endless good publicity about the new stadium means that Spurs are as desirable as they may ever be.

PSG are probably reliant on outgoings and if something crazy happens with Neymar or M'bappe.

Juve will probably struggle to add much more with their gigantic wage bill. They do have some very attractive expendable players though (Dybala).

Bayern have already spent pretty big and will likely hoover up any and all of the big talent in Germany.

Ajax and Benfica will both get raided with the big guns salivating over their young prospects.

This is even before you consider the Milans, Evertons, Wolves etc who will all likely invest as well. Large summer of transfers ahead, imo. Non International tournament summers usually have more early activity as well.

Interested to see how Atletico spends the Griezmann money. Latest rumour is that Dybala could be of interest to them.

I can't be arsed sourcing the links, but the more reliable United sources seem to keep repeating Wan-Bissaka. Given the amount of smoke around that one, I think there is significant merit to it. United are in dire need of a competent full back, that's for sure.

Apparently Dortmund are standing firm on not selling Sancho for at least another year. Given the money they got for Pulisic, they don't need to sell.

United are also said to have significant interest in Nicolas Pepe from Lille. I know nothing about him, but we are also in dire need of a RW.

3 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Interested to see how Atletico spends the Griezmann money. Latest rumour is that Dybala could be of interest to them.

I can't be arsed sourcing the links, but the more reliable United sources seem to keep repeating Wan-Bissaka. Given the amount of smoke around that one, I think there is significant merit to it. United are in dire need of a competent full back, that's for sure.

Apparently Dortmund are standing firm on not selling Sancho for at least another year. Given the money they got for Pulisic, they don't need to sell.

United are also said to have significant interest in Nicolas Pepe from Lille. I know nothing about him, but we are also in dire need of a RW.

It also makes the most financial (let alone on-the-team-sheet) sense for Dortmund to dig in their heels for another year on Sancho solely given the fact that he's English and the uncertainty right now surrounding the transfer capabilities of two of the three biggest piggybanks that could be broken in the PL.  Scarcity will always inflate cost and they don't want to be selling a highly-coveted young English talent without the likes of City and Chelsea capable of being in the market.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, The LBC said:

It also makes the most financial (let alone on-the-team-sheet) sense for Dortmund to dig in their heels for another year on Sancho solely given the fact that he's English and the uncertainty right now surrounding the transfer capabilities of two of the three biggest piggybanks that could be broken in the PL.  Scarcity will always inflate cost and they don't want to be selling a highly-coveted young English talent without the likes of City and Chelsea capable of being in the market.

Except there's a reasonable chance that Chelsea's ban will be stayed until after the summer window closes while an appeal to CAS happens (as happened with both Real Madrid and Atletico in the past), so Chelsea would likely not be able to buy anyone next year