Transfers & Rumors: Deadline Drama!

LeeEvans

On 5/17/2019 at 1:01 AM, kempus said:

I agree they will hold onto him. They sold Pulisic and don't need the cash. I don't agree that his stock will rise much more than where it's currently at though. He was mightily impressive in the 3 Bundesliga games I saw him play in. But, he was completely shut down after the first 20-30 minutes vs Spurs. In the EPL, he may struggle to adapt, to begin with. At 100 million, you are paying for his potential, not what he is now. Hence why I don't think his stock will rise (it may actually go down a bit).

His stock won't need to rise for what he will likely return on the market to Dortmund to rise.  He's English, that English premium is only going to rise as a number of the elder statesmen clubs have been dependent upon hang them up and/or the still-in-their-prime-but-world-class-ones get the itch, just like Becks did, to play abroad.

He's also going to be, likely, something of a statement totem, so to speak and those sort of players end up fetching a premium unto themselves.  By that I mean, if/when/after Kane moves to another club, Sancho likely becomes the next "big English get" (I like Harry Maguire, I like what he brings to the table, but I don't see an English defender outpacing an English attacking player on transfer value all things considered)... not terribly dissimilar from what Sterling was when City bought him (and we've a good number of years to adjust for appropriate inflation since Sterling was bought).  Ego is going to factor in some fashion into whatever English club beats the others to his signature.

• Like 1

So I've seen from reliable sources that when the window opens, we will announce the signing of Luka Jovics, upon the end of Europa League Final, Eden Hazard, and after the CL Final, Christian Eriksen.

Hazard is overrated and is NOT an elite scorer (Our biggest need) Eriksen (a poorer version of Tony Kroos) to probably replace Modric, and Jovic, who will ride the bench behind Benzema.

2 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Hazard is overrated and is NOT an elite scorer (Our biggest need) Eriksen (a poorer version of Tony Kroos) to probably replace Modric, and Jovic, who will ride the bench behind Benzema.

Hazard could and likely will be an elite scorer in La Liga. What are you expecting? 30 goals a season? Eriksen and Kroos aren't even close to similar players. I think Eriksen can play as a deep lying playmaker for a team like Real, who should be dominating the majority of games. Its not his best position or role though.

When you're trying to replace an all time great and team of ageing stars, it's not going to be done in one offseason. Those 3 players would be a very nice start.

Edited by kempus

11 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Hazard is overrated

I think he will kill it in Spain. He gets kicked into the stands week after week after week in the Premier League. That won't happen in Spain. Sure, he isn't a Ronaldo level goalscorer but he can definitely get 20-25 league goals, no problem. He has absolutely everything you want from a wide player in a 4-3-3, as well as a AMC In a 4-2-3-1.

9 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

Di Marzio saying Sarri could be fired and replaced by Frank Lampard? Matt Law said they won't stop him if Juve pays the compensation ($5M).

I'm honestly sure what Chelsea is planning. You can't keep having a new manager every season and build any long term vision.

Bit of a tough one, this. When you hire a Manager that is foreign, 60 years old and lets face it, not exactly a fitness fanatic, you aren't really thinking long, long term. There isn't anything wrong with this as football isn't long term these days; however ...

Frank Lampard has shown well in his managing debut at Derby (shown well, not perfect. Derby is a big club so playoffs is about par them really). Derby have been playing in a style that the football hipsters would call 'attractive' which Chelsea fans are putting against 'Sarri ball' that has had negative connotations since around November last year amongst Chelsea fans.

Lampard is an absolute hero in the hearts of Chelsea fans, so his 7/10 performance as a Manager is being massively exaggerated and Sarri's 6/10 performance is being massively understated. Chelsea fans are basically comparing a (false) 9/10 Lampard against a 4/10 Sarri and they (rightly) believe that if Lampard was to be a success, he would be with Chelsea for potentially 30 years.

Football is a fickle sport, but there can't be any denying that Chelsea fans are amongst the most fickle out there. Sarri should really be given at least another year. Lampard will always consider Chelsea his dream job so he isn't going anywhere. But, with Ownership likely keen to get fans back onside, and Chelsea heading towards a transfer ban soon, it does make a bit of sense to get a Manager in that the fans won't turn on for at least 2/3 years (although nothing would surprise me with Chelsea fans).

For Dortmund a lot has happened during the last few days. We bought german national team defender Nico Schulz for reported 27 million €. Today we got Julian Brandt due to a release clause for 25 million €. He's a steal for that price and he's also a player in the german national team for a few years now. 23 years old, but already has a lot of experience in the Bundesliga. Earlier today we also bought Thorgan Hazard for reported 25,5 million €, which could add up with some boni to 30 million. That's a lot of money for us. We did had the 64 million € for Pulisic but we spent about 2/3 of it to buy Alcacer for this summer and Balerdi. Once it was said, that we can spend about 2/3 of our income by transfers into buying new players. So the 64 million for Pulisic are already gone. It's a really strong move to get those 3 players and 3 potential starting candidates for our squad. Obviously we have to sell some players. Unless someone is really offering something insane for Sancho (as i said earlier i think that would be about 150 million €) we probably try to get back some money by selling Guerreiro, Weigl and some bench players/loan players. It should be probably possible to get about 20 to 25 million for each of Guerreiro and Weigl. Most likely one of them is headed to PSG, since they seem to be interested in them and it makes sense for PSG since both played their best under Tuchel.

We'll have to see what happens, but for now i feel like we got stronger and more creative. In a perfect world we could buy a new striker or we give Isak the trust and throw him in at the deep end. He did quite good starting that half of a season in the netherlands. Unfortunately Bayern won't be done either. Since they weren't interested in Brandt, i think they have their eyes on someone else. Sané might be their target, if it's true that he's not feeling too appreciated in City. We'll see if that rumor is true.

Edit: Bayern might also want to buy Werner (who doesn't really fit into their current system, in my mind) and/or Havertz (who i think will make the change next year, but i can see a lot of top clubs beeing interested in him then).

Edited by Edge
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Edge said:

Sané might be their target, if it's true that he's not feeling too appreciated in City. We'll see if that rumor is true.

There's a LOT of smoke around this locally. Most City fans I know have already resigned themselves to him leaving.

Great talent, but I don't think he's got the consistent technical ability to be a Pep player. Really careless in possession, but an amazing counter attacking player because of his athletic traits.

16 hours ago, kempus said:

Hazard could and likely will be an elite scorer in La Liga. What are you expecting? 30 goals a season? Eriksen and Kroos aren't even close to similar players. I think Eriksen can play as a deep lying playmaker for a team like Real, who should be dominating the majority of games. Its not his best position or role though.

When you're trying to replace an all time great and team of ageing stars, it's not going to be done in one offseason. Those 3 players would be a very nice start.

20 in domestic would be nice. Eriksen will "allegedly" play in front of Casemiro to the right or Behind Isco to the right according to said sources. I think think he'll play at CAM because of Zidane being in love with Isco there who still hasn't learned to stop trying to dribble up and down the pitch and just pass the ball.

I won't comment of Luka Jovic because the only games I see in the Bundesliga are those of Dortmund.

On 22/05/2019 at 3:21 AM, Canadian Saint said:

Di Marzio saying Sarri could be fired and replaced by Frank Lampard? Matt Law said they won't stop him if Juve pays the compensation ($5M).

I'm honestly sure what Chelsea is planning. You can't keep having a new manager every season and build any long term vision.

If Sarri is fired then our club is even dumber than I thought. Because it would have nothing to do with play and our performance but with our fans being fickle and just flat out idiotic. It’s like when our fans were clamouring for Zola and Di Matteo at one point. Lampard ain’t ready. Sarri has done well all things considered in his first year. This is gonna take time, first year was always about laying the foundation down. This next year we should be able to work on our play in final third which is by far biggest issue and something that is difficult to lock down while you have 3 games in 7 days. Sarri has been using 3 players from our youth teams as first team regulars which is something no manager since Roman took over has ever done and he’s improved those players too. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2019 at 7:54 PM, BullsandBroncos said:

So I've seen from reliable sources that when the window opens, we will announce the signing of Luka Jovics, upon the end of Europa League Final, Eden Hazard, and after the CL Final, Christian Eriksen.

I don't know who you are, but I do know that I don't like you.