Transfers & Rumors: Deadline Drama!

LeeEvans

Looks like the relationship between Barca and Atletico is going to sour even more.

Atleti are disputing the move stating that Barca have not fully paid his release clause due to agreeing the move before July 1. 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11833/11761753/antoine-griezmann-to-barcelona-atletico-madrid-dispute-move-over-release-clause

Could get messy. 

On 13/07/2019 at 9:53 AM, PFM18 said:

Looks like the relationship between Barca and Atletico is going to sour even more.

Atleti are disputing the move stating that Barca have not fully paid his release clause due to agreeing the move before July 1. 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11833/11761753/antoine-griezmann-to-barcelona-atletico-madrid-dispute-move-over-release-clause

Could get messy. 

If they did reach an agreement before 1 July, then Griezmann should have to pay the €200m.

It’ll be difficult to prove that there was one and I expect Barca will throw some more money at Atletico to make this go away quickly.

This one could get very very messy between both clubs and I expect the Spanish tax man will be all over it too which makes it even more complicated.

5 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

How overrated can average players get for just being English

Err... Villa just paid 20M (25M w/ add-ons) for Tyrone Mings who played all of what?  < 20 matches  in 4 years for Bournemouth before injuring his knee and 1 of those was the match where he picked up a 5-match ban for stamping on Zlatan.  So that probably answers that question for you.

8 hours ago, drd23 said:

Seems like De Ligt to Juve has been agreed for 75m 

Medical is expected tomorrow, with the official announcement after

lmao Juve pays that much for an already above average young CB like De Ligt but United are gonna pay 80 milly for a peaked Harry Maguire.

19 hours ago, The LBC said:

Err... Villa just paid 20M (25M w/ add-ons) for Tyrone Mings who played all of what?  < 20 matches  in 4 years for Bournemouth before injuring his knee and 1 of those was the match where he picked up a 5-match ban for stamping on Zlatan.  So that probably answers that question for you.

You're right in he was drastically overpaid but you're wrong in your reasoning (or at least awkwardly phrased it). The reason he wasn't getting games at Bournemouth was because of his injuries, he wasn't playing like **** then got injured. He had a back injury that sidelined him for a season plus recovery and then the aforementioned knee injury which took him out for a year and a half (or maybe it was knee then back? Can't remember). Mings, when fit, is a very good CB and a type of moneyball signing teams should make. The problem? We paid or less what his top value is for when there was no other bidder. Villa should have said 12 million with it raising to 15 or 18 and if they said no walked away. 

I love what Mings did for Villa last season (he was arguably the most important player for Villa since Jack or McGinn could carry the offensive load but Mings was the rock and soul of the defense) but half a healthy season for an injury-prone player scares the **** out of me. 

Also, and I said this before he joined Villa, that stomping ban was complete bull**** and was totally given because of the fan/media overreaction.

/ending villa rant see you all in 3 weeks. 

10 hours ago, drd23 said:

Who needs team depth? 9_9

PGS should snap their hand off at 100 million, Coutinho and Dembele. Serious value. Even if they don't want to keep either, they could certainly flog them for a massive fee in January or next summer. Dembele in particular.

£80m is obviously way above market value for Maguire, but who cares? It's not my money. The Glazers have fleeced the club for a billion pounds so frankly, any player that is good enough to improve us is a blessing.

His lack of pace is a huge concern but his ability to play from the back and bring the ball out to change defensive structure is a huge positive; the latter is why Pep was so interested.

Comparing the price to De Ligt isn't fair. Ajax need to sell, it's their model. Leicester don't. It's controversial but I'm not fully sold on De Ligt. Rashford rinsed him in that Nations League game and he's not proven week in week out.

12 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

£80m is obviously way above market value for Maguire, but who cares? It's not my money. The Glazers have fleeced the club for a billion pounds so frankly, any player that is good enough to improve us is a blessing.

His lack of pace is a huge concern but his ability to play from the back and bring the ball out to change defensive structure is a huge positive; the latter is why Pep was so interested.

Comparing the price to De Ligt isn't fair. Ajax need to sell, it's their model. Leicester don't. It's controversial but I'm not fully sold on De Ligt. Rashford rinsed him in that Nations League game and he's not proven week in week out.

I get what you're saying about it not being your money etc. I agree with that as a whole. However, when you terribly overpay for a player it can damage the club more than it benefits it. Sanchez is an example of overpaying (wages in this case) and it damaging the club. I don't think Maguire is a bad player, but I also don't think he will massively improve United. Surely there are better options for 80 mill? I think a lot of the ridicule is because his price is only that because he's English. 

De Ligt got roasted by Llorente in the CL too. I think he will be a wonderful player in the future though.