Transfers & Rumors: Deadline Drama!

LeeEvans

43 minutes ago, ElReyDeLosReyes said:

I wonder if Jadon Sancho or Erling Haaland move this summer.

An article out of AS from Spain said BVB wouldnt listen to anything under 172m for Haaland. Next year that reduces to around 70m. I dont see him going anywhere this year.

On 6/7/2021 at 9:08 PM, Dr LBC said:

All signs point to him having chosen you guys.  But now if there's truth to the reports of you lot eyeing up Ward-Prowse from Sou'ton too, that would pretty much have to mean you'll be cashing in and selling Grealish - and one of him or Kane are likely going to end up a City, I'd bet.

A lot depends on who City are able to shift out. I can't see them signing both Jack & Kane without major outgoings. Though I think Kane's much more likely because he would be a guaranteed starter pretty much.

I'm skpetical of the JWP links because Jack had said pretty much that we were trash at set pieces a few days before. And our owners are minted, so they might just want to keep hold of him but who knows at this point in the window

On 6/8/2021 at 7:09 AM, Canadian Saint said:

I like LCFC doing their business early. Edouard could be a nice transition from Vardy once he starts to slow down. Big key for me is if they can keep Tielemans. Hints have dropped he might be on the move post Euros.

Edouard is a completely different player from Vardy and looked quite lazy in most games I saw him in last season. There’s also significant questions over whether he can play up front himself.

A good goal scorer who’s played his best football under Rodgers. It makes sense for both of the player and Leicester and a move should mean he’s actually motivated.

On 6/10/2021 at 7:48 AM, Johnthejetsfan said:

A lot depends on who City are able to shift out. I can't see them signing both Jack & Kane without major outgoings. Though I think Kane's much more likely because he would be a guaranteed starter pretty much.

I'm skpetical of the JWP links because Jack had said pretty much that we were trash at set pieces a few days before. And our owners are minted, so they might just want to keep hold of him but who knows at this point in the window

I agree, I can't see them signing both Jack and Kane; I think it's 1 or the other.  Another part of my thinking that is that the Super League clubs, I believe (largely because I believe UEFA is precisely that petty), are going to be on some somewhat tenuous ground where bending or outright breaking of established UEFA laws are concerned - even if recent precedent has let some of them off relatively Scot-free.  So if City were to go out and spunk the 200m+ I'm estimating a combined Grealish and Kane would go for recouping at least 80%+ of that in current players offloaded (and the amount of clubs with that kind of cash available, especially outside of England, right now thanks to COVID are pretty scant), I do believe UEFA would actually enforce punishment for a FFP violation on them were it deemed to occur this summer.

If United can't land Sancho, I fully expect them to shift the onus full-bore onto Grealish - it's just how United do.  I just think that, the harsh reality of things being the way they are, Villa are preparing themselves for the harsh bit that if a City/United/Liverpool/Chelsea come for Jack, provided they make the correct sizable bid, he's going - loyalty is very much a thing of the past in European football.

I would be stunned at this point if Sancho to United isn't done. Just too much smoke around it at this point.

As per the Athletic, Grealish prefers a move to City. Still, you'd expect outgoings for that move to make sense. There is already a huge competition for places on the wing at City. Sterling, Mahrez, Torres, Silva, Foden are all played predominantly as wingers by Pep.

I can't see Sterling leaving because nobody is going to cough up the cash required (both transfer and salary). 

I think Bernardo Silva is a darkhorse to leave. Again, the Athletic have said he is unhappy and I think they even said he tried to leave last year.

On 6/15/2021 at 3:14 PM, Oregon Ducks said:

i think City should focus on shoring up their striker position before bringing in another striker.

I could see Silva leaving but then they would have to find someone to replace him, or they could play Foden centrally more often.

Except Pep seems bound and damned determined to not depend on an out-and-out striker.  He's coaching for legacy at this point.  He appears intent on fielding De Bruyne as a false-9 and I wouldn't be surprised if Foden, now that he's fully bedded into the side, doesn't end up seeing more of his minutes in a CAM role than on the wing.  It's almost like a CAM double-pivot instead of one a bit further back with the holding mids that sides deploying a 4-2-3-1 or 3-5-1 often lean on.  

4 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

Except Pep seems bound and damned determined to not depend on an out-and-out striker.  He's coaching for legacy at this point.  He appears intent on fielding De Bruyne as a false-9 and I wouldn't be surprised if Foden, now that he's fully bedded into the side, doesn't end up seeing more of his minutes in a CAM role than on the wing.  It's almost like a CAM double-pivot instead of one a bit further back with the holding mids that sides deploying a 4-2-3-1 or 3-5-1 often lean on.  

I’ve heard them linked with Kane, Lukaku, Haaland, and Ings this summer. He can’t afford be stubborn.

Are y’all really trying to buy Maddison? I wouldn’t like it but he’s had a lot of injuries the past couple of seasons and had not been consistent. If we had to sell one of him, Tielemens or Ndidi, I would hope it would be him.