Transfers & Rumors: Deadline Drama!

LeeEvans

1 hour ago, lomaxgrUK said:

There is absolutely no way Madrid can afford the wages of Mbappe, Haaland and Pogba. What planet are you guys on? 😆 Have you seen the rules La Liga have implemented?

If they sign Mbappe (which all signs point towards), they are out of the Haaland sweepstakes. Then it comes down to Bayern, City and United. I would put the likelihood in that order.

Signing Ronaldo actually muddies the waters a little for City. I highly doubt he's signing a 1 year deal, and would Haaland want to sign for City when they have Ronaldo amongst all of their other front 3 players?

The biggest loser here is Harry Kane. What an idiot he was for signing that new contract. There's just no way a team is going to pay his asking price when he's 29, full of injuries and other Strikers available.

I'm well aware of La Liga's rules, but you clearly don't understand that Real Madrid are not in the same sort of financial strife the other Spanish clubs are in. Somewhere along the line people have lumped Real Madrid in with Barcelona's severe financial difficulties, which is just not the case.

If they're willing to splash 200m euros for Mbappe with a few days left in this transfer window, rather than wait 4 months to speak to him in January for a pre-contract agreement, then I'm sorry but I don't have much sympathy for their "financial crisis". Think about it, why would they do that? They can afford it. They might be helped by the fact that Pogba could run down his contract at Man Utd and leave for free. I wouldn't rule Real Madrid out from acquiring some or all of these players.

As we speak, PSG is apparently preparing a bid for Haaland as the Mbappe replacement. And as we know, they are the richest club in the world, they can afford Haaland/Mino Raiola's ludicrous contract demands, such as 1m weekly wages and 60m to his family and agent. This transfer window has been absolutely mental! Greatest one I've ever seen lol 

30 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

I don't know why United fans are so surprised by it. The guy is absolutely obsessed with two things - winning and money. Juventus are a spent force right now. Their squad is a mess, and technically they have gone backwards with Ronaldo onboard.

There is no way Madrid are going to take on that wage with Mbappe and Pogba arriving within 12 months and obviously PSG are off the table. So who else is going to take him besides City? United already have an aging Striker on a monster wage and they are doing everything they can to tie Pogba down to a monster contract.

Ronaldo really doesn't have that much affection for United. For Sir Alex, yes. But for United? He said he was a "slave" at United when we delayed his Madrid transfer by a year. 

Because they're the most entitled fan base in football, is my answer. 

They think Ronaldo is a United legend, and to them he is. But for him, they were a stepping stone to move on the bigger things which he did emphatically. 

As if he's going to go to a club that has no way in hell of winning the CL. 

Yeah definitely, more of a SAF allegiance than a MU one

52 minutes ago, persiandud said:

I'm well aware of La Liga's rules, but you clearly don't understand that Real Madrid are not in the same sort of financial strife the other Spanish clubs are in. Somewhere along the line people have lumped Real Madrid in with Barcelona's severe financial difficulties, which is just not the case.

https://www.managingmadrid.com/2021/3/19/22339687/real-madrid-wont-spend-big-this-summer-heres-why

I would hardly say they are in optimum financial state ...

The fact is, right now Spanish football is in disarray. A poor TV deal and now the League itself is having to sell part of it to private equity.

The days of a team full of Galacticos are a thing of the past.

39 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Because they're the most entitled fan base in football, is my answer. 

They think Ronaldo is a United legend, and to them he is. But for him, they were a stepping stone to move on the bigger things which he did emphatically. 

As if he's going to go to a club that has no way in hell of winning the CL. 

Yeah definitely, more of a SAF allegiance than a MU one

I am a United fan myself. It's key to distinguish between United twitter fanbase, and us normal human beings.

That said, I do think even most normal United fans overestimate the standing they have within Ronaldo's heart. You're absolutely right - we were always a stepping stone and to be honest, that is almost always the case for Iberian and Latin American players.

Who on earth wants to live in Manchester if you've grown up in a sunny climate?

14 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

https://www.managingmadrid.com/2021/3/19/22339687/real-madrid-wont-spend-big-this-summer-heres-why

I would hardly say they are in optimum financial state ...

The fact is, right now Spanish football is in disarray. A poor TV deal and now the League itself is having to sell part of it to private equity.

The days of a team full of Galacticos are a thing of the past.

https://www.managingmadrid.com/2021/8/26/22643467/breaking-psg-expected-to-accept-real-madrids-new-bid-of-180-million-for-kylian-mbappe-report

Just now, persiandud said:

Did you see my initial post? I very clearly stated that Madrid are likely to sign Mbappe and Pogba.

But them two and Haaland? Absolutely no chance. Madrid can't afford the wages. No more Ronaldo, Zidane, Figo, Ramos and Beckham in the same team.

5 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Did you see my initial post? I very clearly stated that Madrid are likely to sign Mbappe and Pogba.

But them two and Haaland? Absolutely no chance. Madrid can't afford the wages. No more Ronaldo, Zidane, Figo, Ramos and Beckham in the same team.

You posted an article that claimed Real Madrid wouldn't be able to make bids for Haaland or Mbappe this summer, but that turned out to be categorically false based on recent information. I don't doubt that most of the information is correct in that article, but maybe the author has missed some details. 

Next summer, it's widely reported that Haaland's release clause will go down to 75m euros. You're correct to point out that his wages will be a huge problem, but if Madrid sell enough players to trim their squad/wage bill, it's not unheard of. Don't rule out the possibility, that's all I'm saying. Haaland himself sees Real Madrid as a dream opportunity, so you never know, perhaps he would take less than expected to go play there. Real Madrid still have the most prestige of any club in the world. I would never doubt their ability to acquire premium talent, even amidst these arduous circumstances the pandemic has brought on. 

They're very much like the Los Angeles Lakers, if you follow the NBA. With the prestige and history of the club, players will always want to go there, no matter what year it is. And sometimes players will still persist to go there even when other clubs offer them more money. 

19 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Lol they don’t even need him. Well, at least not as much as an actual DM.

Hmm. See, ironically, you could argue we do need him because we don't have a DM.

The McFred combo consistently leads to a lack of creativity against teams that park the bus. In those games, United are in dire need of someone who can score or create out of nothing. Well, Ronaldo fits the bill for sure.

Whilst I am undeniably excited for the buzz around his signature, I have concerns about the signing in terms of his contract and whether he is close to what he's been in the past.

Edited by lomaxgrUK

39 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Hmm. See, ironically, you could argue we do need him because we don't have a DM.

The McFred combo consistently leads to a lack of creativity against teams that park the bus. In those games, United are in dire need of someone who can score or create out of nothing. Well, Ronaldo fits the bill for sure.

Whilst I am undeniably excited for the buzz around his signature, I have concerns about the signing in terms of his contract and whether he is close to what he's been in the past.

At this point in their careers - there’s not a ton of difference between him and Cavani.

2 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

At this point in their careers - there’s not a ton of difference between him and Cavani.

Disagree. One has shown a consistent ability to stay fit, the other hasn't. One is still a top tier athlete in terms of explosion, one isn't.

12 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Disagree. One has shown a consistent ability to stay fit, the other hasn't. One is still a top tier athlete in terms of explosion, one isn't.

Meh…if there is it’s a minimal difference.

It seems like fan service after their involvement in the European Super League.

It does hurt City in the short term, though. I wonder were they turn from here.