Transfers & Rumors: Deadline Drama!

LeeEvans

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

A very respected football writer who I like, Johnathan Wilson (wrote 'Inverting the Pyramid') thinks the Ronaldo signing is stupid. 

- Will stunt the development of Greenwood

- Will force Pogba further back and we saw against Wolves that it doesn't work when PP plays deeper, they were overrun

- Doesn't work well with Bruno, we have evidence of this

- He didn't make Juve better, or more specifically, they actually regressed in the CL and won fewer Serie A titles relatively when he was there vs before he arrived

- He will score his 20+ goals against most of the teams, but his arrival doesn't move them any closer to PL champs

- Old Trafford is just becoming a MUFC Theme Park now....

hehe

Great book. Agree with Wilson's points on Ronaldo 

• Like 1

On 8/31/2021 at 7:35 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

A very respected football writer who I like, Johnathan Wilson (wrote 'Inverting the Pyramid') thinks the Ronaldo signing is stupid. 

- Will stunt the development of Greenwood

- Will force Pogba further back and we saw against Wolves that it doesn't work when PP plays deeper, they were overrun

- Doesn't work well with Bruno, we have evidence of this

- He didn't make Juve better, or more specifically, they actually regressed in the CL and won fewer Serie A titles relatively when he was there vs before he arrived

- He will score his 20+ goals against most of the teams, but his arrival doesn't move them any closer to PL champs

- Old Trafford is just becoming a MUFC Theme Park now....

hehe

He's crazy mate.

If anything Greenwood, and everyone else including Pogba, will see how a model pro at the very highest level manages his career. 

I'd be willing to be that he trains harder than almost all of them even though he's about 50.

7 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Probably. I'm just tired of hearing fans of a couple different clubs so confidently boast that they'll have both Mbappe and Haaland on their squad come next year. I like the cold water being thrown around. 

Mbappe going on a free and Haaland’s buyout dropping this summer definitely facilitates it…

5 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Mbappe going on a free and Haaland’s buyout dropping this summer definitely facilitates it…

Of course, and that has a little too many loudmouths creaming. So I enjoy enjoy news that doesn't make the fantasy visualize easier in their minds. Honestly, I hope Haaland goes to Bayern and Mbappe for whatever reason stays at PSG. Won't happen, but I feel that would upset the most people 😆

13 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Probably. I'm just tired of hearing fans of a couple different clubs so confidently boast that they'll have both Mbappe and Haaland on their squad come next year. I like the cold water being thrown around. 

While Real Madrid fans are some of the most entitled around, don't be surprised if the club manages to pull this off. And it definitely helps that Mbappe is starting to look like a free transfer 

13 hours ago, persiandud said:

Manchester City, Manchester United, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich or PSG. Those are the contenders imo 

I can see Man U not being an option because of what happened to his dad.

Also, I don't think Bayern have access to as much money as the others. 

Edited by Mega Ron

10 hours ago, Mega Ron said:

I can see Man U not being an option because of what happened to his dad.

Also, I don't think Bayern have access to as much money as the others. 

Bayern would have been 2nd in payroll last year in the Prem. 40 million more spent than City. But have spent 50million less than Leicester in acquiring/buying players over the past 5 years.

So they have plenty money. They just spend it differently.

41 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Bayern would have been 2nd in payroll last year in the Prem. 40 million more spent than City. But have spent 50million less than Leicester in acquiring/buying players over the past 5 years.

So they have plenty money. They just spend it differently.

They can spend on salary but not the crazy big transfer fees.