Transfers & Rumors: Deadline Drama!

LeeEvans

On 9/3/2021 at 9:24 AM, Oregon Ducks said:

Bayern somehow bully other German clubs to sell them their best players at cut prices.

Maybe true, but what was the last Mino client that Bayern dealt for?  Even with Haaland's buyout clause going down next summer, a fair chunk of that bloated figure is a combination of wage demands and Raiola underwriting himself a fatter-than-fat agent fee into deal because he can.

• 7 months later...
On 10/3/2021 at 11:14 PM, Canadian Saint said:

PSG bound to replace Mbappe who goes to Real Madrid.

La Liga crying their eyes out. 😄

La Liga president @TebasJavier on Mbappé deal: “What PSG’s doing by renewing Mbappé with large sum after giving losses of €700M in recent seasons and having more than €600M of salary bill, is an insult to football”. 🚨#Mbappé

“They’re as dangerous as the Super League”.

— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) May 21, 2022

Official statement: La Liga announce they have now reported Paris Saint-Germain to UEFA because of Kylian Mbappé deal. 🚨 #Mbappé

“This is a scandal. We will now report PSG to Uefa, French autorities and EU authorities”. ⤵️📑 pic.twitter.com/ZFFtZN4eTl

— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) May 21, 2022

2 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

La Liga crying their eyes out. 😄

PSG will become a hell hole more than it already is. With Mbappe having day in manager and play movement. PSG doesn't win the UCL within the next couple years either. Farmer league club. League worse than the Germans. 

13 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

PSG will become a hell hole more than it already is. With Mbappe having day in manager and play movement. PSG doesn't win the UCL within the next couple years either. Farmer league club. League worse than the Germans. 

Propping up the top dogs is a major issue with Serie A, LaLiga and Ligue 1. Its a waste to invest heavily when the top clubs get this special treatment. Barca a billion in debt and allowed to go after guys like Lewandowski. Which the total just to bring him in is more than 10 teams in LaLiga are allowed to spend on their entire rosters. Why the money floods to the Premier. Cant invest and build teams in these other leagues. Ligue 1 is the worst by only having 1 squad doing this. But theyre all going to continue to distance themselves from the Prem if they dont address it.

Thats the one thing thats angered me about the Prem the past few months. Everton should have had a point deduction, as well as Chelsea as far as that goes. But theyre protected. While Derby suffered pt deductions anytime the wind blew the wrong direction.

On 5/28/2022 at 10:05 AM, Oregon Ducks said:

I’ve never thought of Mane as a dirty player. Seems like a great person.

Next you're going to tell me you think Son is a great person and totally not dirty... because he cried after he two-footed a guy and broke his leg.

9 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

Next you're going to tell me you think Son is a great person and totally not dirty... because he cried after he two-footed a guy and broke his leg.

Son has been carded 8 times in 7 premier league seasons. Not sure that constitutes dirty.

4 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

Son has been carded 8 times in 7 premier league seasons. Not sure that constitutes dirty.

This is a serious response?  Cards-issued is massively subjective, and the guy still had a spell where he had 3 reds in the span of 17 PL matches (the Gomes legbreak - which was a clearly malicious challenge and the aimed-kickout to Rudiger's chest among them) in 2019.

I'm holding my tongue on even bringing up the deliberate elbow to Rob Holding's face that he even looked back to see locate the head before striking with the elbow, because Holding was being a prat in that match too.  But this ignores him stamping on Snodgrass that he escaped any booking for, the sending-off against Bournemouth for attack (soft, but he was retaliating against a bit of light contact to his lower back from a player slowing down to a halt) on Lerma earlier in the year, etc.  Every time, to my recollection, Son has been sent off it has been for violent contact.  So don't give me this "he barely gets booked so he can't be dirty" argument.