Transfers & Rumors: Deadline Drama!

LeeEvans

Wednesday 26th July Rumours

• City are going to challenge Real for Mbappe
  • Arsenal are back in for Thomas Lemar of Monaco, reportedly £45m with add-ons
  • Barcelona have had a bid of £72m for Coutinho rejected by Liverpool
  • Wilshere wants to stay close to home if/when he leaves Arsenal this summer
  • Tottenham are considering a move for Hoffenheim defender Jeremy Toljan
  • Barcelona have rejected an offer of €25 million from Roma for Munir El Haddadi
  • Bayer Leverkusen and Marseille are interested in signing Arsenal striker Lucas Perez
  • Hull City and Watford are fighting it out to sign Liverpool winger Lazar Markovic

44 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

Crazy spending from Milan, if true.

I'd be quite disappointed in that if true.  We spent a lot on him only a year ago and he is still only 19 years old with a lot of promise.  Hard to blame him for not being able to break into one of the most talented rosters in the world at this stage of his development.  

This only makes some sense if we are trying to land Goretzka for this year (and I would really love that because I think Goretzka has huge potential as a CM).  Still would have preferred to loan him out for playing time.  I'd imagine Vidal would not be here within 2 years and Sanches could've potentially take his spot on the roster then.

1 hour ago, roysmyboy31 said:

I'd be quite disappointed in that if true.  We spent a lot on him only a year ago and he is still only 19 years old with a lot of promise.  Hard to blame him for not being able to break into one of the most talented rosters in the world at this stage of his development.  

This only makes some sense if we are trying to land Goretzka for this year (and I would really love that because I think Goretzka has huge potential as a CM).  Still would have preferred to loan him out for playing time.  I'd imagine Vidal would not be here within 2 years and Sanches could've potentially take his spot on the roster then.

Yeah this would be such a weird move by Bayern if they let him leave after one season. They bought him for his promise not his immediate impact, maybe Ancelotti isn't a fan?

4 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Yeah this would be such a weird move by Bayern if they let him leave after one season. They bought him for his promise not his immediate impact, maybe Ancelotti isn't a fan?

They just let Douglas Costa too and Kingsley Coman's progression has stagnated. Seems like Ancelotti is really putting his stamp on that side. 

So Koeman said Ross Barkley is "100%" leaving the club this summer. I'm not entirely sure where he could go in the top six that he would start but it will be interesting to see what becomes of his career. He's a frustrating player but he was pretty much tasked with creating anything in that Everton side, I'd like to see what he could do with a bit more help. 

5 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

So Koeman said Ross Barkley is "100%" leaving the club this summer. I'm not entirely sure where he could go in the top six that he would start but it will be interesting to see what becomes of his career. He's a frustrating player but he was pretty much tasked with creating anything in that Everton side, I'd like to see what he could do with a bit more help. 

To be fair at £40-50m he's a bargain when you consider the prices being thrown around for others. He's still only 23.

54 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

To be fair at £40-50m he's a bargain when you consider the prices being thrown around for others. He's still only 23.

I don't know, he's wildly inconsistent, loses possession quite a lot and only has a year left on his deal. I worry he's getting to that stage where he is starting to go from potential to failed to live up to the hype. He's not a bad player by any means but I haven't really seen him make much of a leap towards becoming a very good player. 

2 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

I don't know, he's wildly inconsistent, loses possession quite a lot and only has a year left on his deal. I worry he's getting to that stage where he is starting to go from potential to failed to live up to the hype. He's not a bad player by any means but I haven't really seen him make much of a leap towards becoming a very good player. 

Whilst this is true. In today's market, that's the going rate, at least he has years ahead of him unlike Perisic or Matic who are being offered for comparable fees. 

1 hour ago, LeeEvans said:

Spurs seem to be the favourites to sign him, as alternative to Eriksen and Dele. I'm not a big fan of him at all but Poch might turn him into a really useful player for them. 

26 minutes ago, AustrianNiner said:

Spurs seem to be the favourites to sign him, as alternative to Eriksen and Dele. I'm not a big fan of him at all but Poch might turn him into a really useful player for them. 

I absolutely think that would be the best fit. He's rumored to have some attitude problems which wouldn't float with Poch but if he listened to him I think he could definitely take that next step. 

2 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

I absolutely think that would be the best fit. He's rumored to have some attitude problems which wouldn't float with Poch but if he listened to him I think he could definitely take that next step. 

Barkley's biggest problem isn't just his attitude it's that he has no footballing brain. 

He'll be another Sissokho for them if they sign him. 

3 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

So basically, a healthier Jack Wilshere...

Interesting question to pose, how much does everyone think the actual quality of English players gets skewed via misrepresentation by the English press?  I don't think this is something specifically English, but it does appear to be more pronounced where England is concerned.