Transfers & Rumors: Deadline Drama!

LeeEvans

30 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

You could be right, I just think those mid week games would lead Conte to rotate and that would be at bare minimum six games not including cups. I hugely enjoy Chelsea letting go of talent and seeing them flourish elsewhere so I don't mind but it's got to be frustrating from their perspective. 

Yeah he would rotate but that'd be 3-4 players at the most. Now whether that would included the youngsters? I don't know. I honestly don't think Chalobah offers much TBH. Ruben, offers more and he has the talent there. Frustrating from the players perspective or the team?

1 minute ago, Kip Smithers said:

Yeah he would rotate but that'd be 3-4 players at the most. Now whether that would included the youngsters? I don't know. I honestly don't think Chalobah offers much TBH. Ruben, offers more and he has the talent there. Frustrating from the players perspective or the team?

Fans and players. I think Chalobah has a lot of potential although Loftus-Cheek probably offers more going forward and is a little more well rounded. I think they'll go on to be very solid premier league players. I personally am excited to see Chalobah and Hughes together at Watford and, particularly, under Silva.

6 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

I'm going to venture a guess and say either badly or not at all. 

That would be a bold strategy. The badly part is probably correct though. Fees are just so ridiculous that they're going to be forced to shell out massive money for players who are barely better than what they currently have. 

1 minute ago, LeeEvans said:

That would be a bold strategy. The badly part is probably correct though. Fees are just so ridiculous that they're going to be forced to shell out massive money for players who are barely better than what they currently have. 

I think Swansea will struggle no matter who they buy. They just aren't very good and 45 million doesn't buy you much. It makes it even more ridiculous that Alli and Dier cost us a combined 9.5 million. 

12 minutes ago, kempus said:

I think Swansea will struggle no matter who they buy. They just aren't very good and 45 million doesn't buy you much. It makes it even more ridiculous that Alli and Dier cost us a combined 9.5 million. 

That was before that sweet tv money started rolling in though. I really hope Swansea stay up but it's going to be very tough for them. They need to make their signings count, hopefully Mesa is a huge success for them. 

4 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

That was before that sweet tv money started rolling in though. I really hope Swansea stay up but it's going to be very tough for them. They need to make their signings count, hopefully Mesa is a huge success for them. 

Both of those two were just extremely well scouted. From lower leagues who had massive potential. Yeah, I don't mind Swansea, there's at least a handful of the releagtion candidates that I would prefer to be relegated.

2 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

I know it's not up to much but the Portuguese Primeira isn't that bad. ;)

It's still a lower league in comparison to to the top 5 leagues. Dier only actually played 31 times over two seasons, for Sporting. So, it was great scouting to see the potential.

2 minutes ago, kempus said:

It's still a lower league in comparison to to the top 5 leagues. Dier only actually played 31 times over two seasons, for Sporting. So, it was great scouting to see the potential.

Fair enough, guess you didn't say the lower leagues. 

I knew of him from FM, and I had quite a strong interest with him being an Englishman brought up overseas, something you almost never see.

Alli for me was an even bigger find, you see a lot of those type of players make the jump to the PL and fail horribly, but he got his head down and has turned into a world beater. 

5 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

Fair enough, guess you didn't say the lower leagues. 

I knew of him from FM, and I had quite a strong interest with him being an Englishman brought up overseas, something you almost never see.

Alli for me was an even bigger find, you see a lot of those type of players make the jump to the PL and fail horribly, but he got his head down and has turned into a world beater. 

Yeah, Alli was probably a mixture of good scouting and blind luck. I doubt anyone in their wildest dreams would have imagined he would have become the player he is, within such a short period of time.

Just now, texans_uk said:

PSG have informed Draxler he has no future at the club. Harsh really as he didn't do much wrong, just collateral damage. 

Interested to see if Arsenal or Spurs or Chelsea make an enquiry. 

Spurs should be all over that. Great player.

1 hour ago, kempus said:

Rumoured to be signed Chadli and Bony for around 40m combined. SMH.