Transfers & Rumors: Deadline Drama!

LeeEvans

43 minutes ago, PAW said:

Don't rate Barkley that highly, hope we don't get him even if only 20 million.

20mil for Barkley I'd take anyday. He has still has promise. Plus he'd be depth. 20 mil in this market is fantastic. An England player for 20mil while you see guys like Walker, Stones and Drinkwater valued at 40mil+ 

Edited by Kip Smithers

38 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

20mil for Barkley I'd take anyday. He has still has promise. Plus he'd be depth. 20 mil in this market is fantastic. An England player for 20mil while you see guys like Walker, Stones and Drinkwater valued at 40mil+ 

He's also only got a year on his deal. I'm torn on Barkley, I think he got blamed for far too much at Everton but I just don't really see him as top four quality. 

1 minute ago, LeeEvans said:

He's also only got a year on his deal. I'm torn on Barkley, I think he got blamed for far too much at Everton but I just don't really see him as top four quality. 

I think he is a luxury player, but in an actual top 4 side I think he could flourish.

1 minute ago, LeeEvans said:

True but while you can get him for free, he's gonna have no shortage of buyers. I don't think he's great but he adds depth. 20mil is peanuts in the market. I'd take him for that price

Just now, texans_uk said:

I think he is a luxury player, but in an actual top 4 side I think he could flourish.

I am interested to see what he could do in a squad where all of the creativity for the side isn't placed on his shoulder. He was basically responsible for creating all the chances in the Everton side and that's a tremendous amount of responsibility to put on a young player. 

3 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

I am interested to see what he could do in a squad where all of the creativity for the side isn't placed on his shoulder. He was basically responsible for creating all the chances in the Everton side and that's a tremendous amount of responsibility to put on a young player. 

For 20 million he's definitely worth a shout. Hopefully his wage demands aren't too crazy, or he could price himself out of a move to Tottenham.

5 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Well that's because Danny Drinkwater is a massively better midfielder and not exactly old at only 3 years Barkley's senior. If it came down to 20m for Barkley or 30m for Drinkwater I think I'd take Drinkwater and I wouldn't look back.

48 minutes ago, Imarobot said:

Well that's because Danny Drinkwater is a massively better midfielder and not exactly old at only 3 years Barkley's senior. If it came down to 20m for Barkley or 30m for Drinkwater I think I'd take Drinkwater and I wouldn't look back.

They play very different roles. Can't really compare. Barkley also has the untapped potential to be vastly better than Drinkwater. I think he's as good as him now.