Transfers & Rumors: Deadline Drama!

LeeEvans

2 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

Monaco will get what, 400M from selling 5-6 players? Financially that's a pretty good return.

For Liverpool, we need depth. We're fighting for 4 trophies this season, so we need able bodies. Beyond Mane and Salah, we don't have anyone on the wings who can come on and put in a shift. Lemar can also play CM, so he'll add a lot of depth and competition. Not saying he'll go straight to the bench either, he'll compete for playing time.

Agree on the defense, but it seems right now Klopp is very much VVD or bust. It's stupid, but it's what it is now.

This. Securing Keita for next season to replace Coutinho is great business. Lemar to add to that would be brilliant to. Challenge now to keep Can and get a CB and we're really good.

39 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

Nice price for Arsenal. I reckon he'll be better under Conte.

11m in profit for the window. #netspend

Shame it didn't work out at Arsenal. Wenger stuck with him for 6 years but he was never good enough to play for Arsenal. 35m is a good deal imo. Will be interesting to see if he can improve under Conte.

10 minutes ago, marky_b27 said:

I'd be very concerned as a Chelsea fan if Conte's plan is to have AOC as a challenge to Moses as RWB - yesterday's game showed that, he can't defend.  He's either a RW or one of a three in central midfield.

He put in some good performances at RWB last season and that was with what amounts to very little coaching/guidance from the Arsenal staff. He has been completely checked out mentally thus far this season because he wants a move away, so it's not surprising that he looked terrible. Wenger's fault for continuing to play him. A coach like Conte who can drill him on his defensive duties and provide him with structure/instructions will do wonders for him. 

He doesn't have the intelligence or technical ability to make it as a CM at Chelsea like he wants but I think he'll take Moses' job at RWB before long. 

Edited by BaltimoreTerp

20 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

Reporter at the Independent. Can't say it's surprising.

Yeah can't blame him. It won't change anything but certainly makes Arsenal start to the season ever worse. Arsenal look a disaster, usually they wait until after the Christmas break for that. 

4 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

Apparently Liverpool have agreed to sign Keita. 

Next year... 

Yup, think that was posted last page although I could just be losing my mind. That is a great signing for them at a price, given this window, is pretty good. He should really add some dynamism to that midfield that really on Can offers. 

43 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Yup, think that was posted last page although I could just be losing my mind. That is a great signing for them at a price, given this window, is pretty good. He should really add some dynamism to that midfield that really on Can offers. 

But in 2018?

23 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

But in 2018?

Keita had a release clause kicking in next summer and was adamant he didn't want to sign an extension. Klopp apparently loves Keita, so we're getting in there before the Bayerns, Citys and Barcas come in and get him. We're paying his release clause + 3M for us to land him in 2018. In a bidding war we're losing against those guys.

It's not without risk (ie if he suffers an injury), but we get a Can or Coutinho replacement ready to go next season without fuss. Like I said before, Klopp absolutely loves the dude.