Texans @ Patriots

amazingandre

Ok - sting has worn off a bit.  A few positives before I ditch this gameday thread:

1) Watson - franchise QB confirmed

2) Clowney - 6 pressures, 2 sacks, 4 stops vs. run, beautiful TD scamper

3) Watt - people are complaining about lack of box score stats, but dude is disruptive as ever.  4 pressures, 4 run stops.  Ranked #1 by PFF thru 3 games for what that is worth.

4) Christian Covington contributions - 1 sack only time he rushed passer, 2 run stops, 3 tackles - all in 16 snaps (no idea why Heath-25% and Dunn-20% are on the field so much for us).  Heath seems like a pre-season wonder that disappears once they game count.

5) Bruce Ellington - 4 rec / 59 yards, 1 td.  Played all but one snap while Braxton Miller played 52% and was invisible as always.  Best TD celebration in years with "the people's elbow" drop on ball.  While I love the "idea" of Fuller stretching the field when he comes back, what is even more critical is a 2nd receiver that can actually run routes and catch the ball and Ellington looks like a real NFL WR unlike clueless Miller (and Strong) and work in progress Fuller.

6) Ryan Griffin - 6 rec / 61 yards, 1 td.  caught 5 of 6 targets.  Dude is solid/unspectacular player, but is an actual TE unlike Davenport/Lamm or Stephen Anderson. Critical cog in development of Watson is having a reliable outlet so he doesn't get in the habit of just running every time he's pressured (which so far is an unfathomable 48% of snaps thru 3 games).

7) Ka'imi Fairbairn - 6/6 FGs on the season.  Texans coverage teams are as awful as ever, but at least there are way fewer kickoff returns to worry about with him.  71% touchbacks so far (tied for 11th) vs. 32nd last year with an absurd 32% tbs.  Will make a HUGE difference over the course of the season.  

8) Bill O'Brien.  52 good minutes including calls actually playing to Watson's strength - an actual gameplan that had us in position to beat the World Champs in their building.  8 horrible dumbfounding minutes.  Still not as awful as wonder-boy Kyle Shanahan costing his team the Super Bowl.  But, yeah.

3 hours ago, texans_uk said:
14 hours ago, Apollo Stallion said:

Ranked #1 by PFF thru 3 games for what that is worth.

To be fair they'd have him #1 ranked even if he was on IR. 

Bingo. PFF has their darlings, and Watt is one of em (along with Evan Mathis, who PFF is convinced is the best OL in the history of football).

On 9/27/2017 at 6:55 AM, EliteTexan80 said:

Bingo. PFF has their darlings, and Watt is one of em (along with Evan Mathis, who PFF is convinced is the best OL in the history of football).

Confirmed.  PFF has XSF ranked as only the 2nd worst offensive lineman in the NFL in pass protection.  Not sure who they rated worse - maybe crippled Derek Newton on the sideline or maybe the NRG turf?  Sorry Newton could probably at least throw his crutches in the way and the turf got replaced after 3 years of hurting us.

17 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Just watched the end on NFL network. Watson definitely looks at OBrian with about 12 seconds left and BOB tells him to spike the ball. 

Poor poor coaching. It's inexcusable to make such a careless mistake. 

God I hate Bill O'Brien with a passion. You don't know how bad I hate him.

35 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

God I hate Bill O'Brien with a passion. You don't know how bad I hate him.

...I think we have a pretty solid understanding. The man could cure cancer and you'd be like "Yeah, but what about AIDS? What about diabetes!?"

I was a little worried you'd berate @Apollo Stallion for giving BOB credit for 52 minutes. Ha!xD

Archived